TheSea.ash - Automated Underwater Quests

Winterbay

KoLmafia literally never "bugs on inventory or worn equipment" for me. Those who it does - Theraze and you - obviously do something different in your normal game play than I do.

As Theraze says, give us a step by step description of what you do and what (bad) happened - a replicable bug report - and we can fix it.

I'm under the impression that you play almost exclusively through the relay browser. Is this correct?
If so there could be some oddity going on with the ash-commands for swapping items and equipment, especially I guess when several are used in a short period of time that would only affect users that run mainly scripts.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Will do. Since the script says I finished the Sea Monkey quests is there something I can tweak in settings that will make it adventure in where it needs the glass or do I have to remember to do this after the next Ascension?

Thanks.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm under the impression that you play almost exclusively through the relay browser. Is this correct?
If so there could be some oddity going on with the ash-commands for swapping items and equipment, especially I guess when several are used in a short period of time that would only affect users that run mainly scripts.

Not true. I burn most of my turns with some kind of script and only use the relay browser when the script starts doing something unwanted/unexpected or when the script tells me it won't do something, such as "Not doing the Boss as a Myst class" :)

Theraze

Will do. Since the script says I finished the Sea Monkey quests is there something I can tweak in settings that will make it adventure in where it needs the glass or do I have to remember to do this after the next Ascension?

Thanks.

The script is smart enough to know that Mom is unlocked. You can break the script to make it run more, but...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I run turns exclusively through the Relay Browser. I use the GUI - Item Manager and Gear Changer - for manipulating items. I sometimes type into the gCLI to buy, cast, eat, drink, or use items. The only script my main uses is Bale's OCD script. I do not automate adventuring or use any sort of between battle or consult script.

ASH functions to manipulate items SHOULD use the identical internal requests that CLI commands and GUI frames use to accomplish the same tasks. They should submit the identical requests to KoL - which get logged in the session log the same way - and they should manipulate inventory and worn equipment in the identical way when those requests complete.

"Should" and "does" appear to be different for Theraze and frono.

Post a step-by-step description of what happened that resulted in inventory or worn gear getting "bugged". Show the session log, so we can see what KoLmafia thinks was actually submitted to KoL.

Not true. I burn most of my turns with some kind of script and only use the relay browser when the script starts doing something unwanted/unexpected or when the script tells me it won't do something, such as "Not doing the Boss as a Myst class" :)
Considering that Winterbay quoted my message, I'm fairly sure he wasn't talking to you.

Crowther

KoLmafia literally never "bugs on inventory or worn equipment" for me. Those who it does - Theraze and you - obviously do something different in your normal game play than I do.

As Theraze says, give us a step by step description of what you do and what (bad) happened - a replicable bug report - and we can fix it.
Mafia does pretty regularly for me (EDIT: yesterday, for example). I'll see if I can figure out how to force it and post in the correct place sometime tomorrow. I have some ideas on when it happens.

Trying to change equipment while in combat (or choice adv) can make the GUI's inventory lose count of items. This can happen quite often when you script turns, and never if you only run through relay like Veracity.

Rundown- enter combat, change equipment. gear changer now shows your (falsly) equipped items, and they are no longer in your inventory, while your previously equipped items ARE. (IE- i had a time helmet equiped, switched it for something else. Now my inventory says I have a time helm even though it's actually still on my head).
refresh status (not inventory)
Now you have your equipped items back on, but they still show in your inv (ie- one time helmet equipped, and another one in inv). The items you were trying to equip while in combat are gone, and will only return with an inventory refresh.

Borderline stupid-proofing I guess, but it does happen when scripting turns. (I'm not sure if this is exactly what happened to frono, so there may be other cases)

Wow. Words can't describe how impressed I am with KoL's and Mafia's community and developers. I pay my ISP monthly and the bastards won't even pick up the phone when I'm having trouble.

Kudos.

morgad

neptune fax problem?

This is the first time I have used the fax machine for the flytrap pellet
It worked, but the script then tried to get a 2nd pellet ...

Code:
[1017] photocopied monster
Encounter: Neptune flytrap
Strategy: /home/fit/.kolmafia/ccs/default.ccs [default]
Round 0: morgad loses initiative!
You lose 140 hit points
Round 1: morgad uses the cloudy potion and uses the seal tooth!
All bang potions have been identified!
Round 2: neptune flytrap drops 2 attack power.
Round 2: neptune flytrap drops 3 defense.
Round 2: neptune flytrap takes 1 damage.
You lose 129 hit points
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Round 2: morgad executes a macro!
Round 2: morgad casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: morgad casts SAUCY SALVE!
You gain 13 hit points
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
WHAM: We are going to 3-shot with CSA obedience grenade, Weapon of the Pastalord and Zombo's empty eye.
Round 4: morgad executes a macro!
Round 4: morgad uses the CSA obedience grenade!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 4
Round 5: neptune flytrap drops 23 attack power.
Round 5: neptune flytrap drops 18 defense.
Round 5: morgad casts WEAPON OF THE PASTALORD!
Round 6: neptune flytrap takes 594 damage.
Round 6: morgad uses the Zombo's empty eye!
Round 7: neptune flytrap takes 182 damage.
Round 7: neptune flytrap drops 47 attack power.
Round 7: neptune flytrap drops 41 defense.
Round 7: morgad wins the fight!
Your familiar gains a pound: Tofflesby, the 16 lb. Jumpsuited Hound Dog
You gain 4 hit points
You gain 5 Mana Points
You gain 20 Mana Points
After Battle: Tofflesby does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: wriggling flytrap pellet
You gain 31 Beefiness
You gain 65 Mysteriousness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 28 Cheek
Finished using 1 photocopied monster.
Using 1 wriggling flytrap pellet...
Finished using 1 wriggling flytrap pellet.
You need 1 more wriggling flytrap pellet to continue.
Condition added: wriggling flytrap pellet

(and it is now burning turns in the garden ... stopping and restarting the script seems to have worked)

best regards
Dave

Theraze

Okay, r16 should hopefully take care of that. This is due to the changes for unlucky faxers where they don't get the pellet... we used the pellet during the fax check, but then checked if we still had a pellet. Now we just skip using the pellet as part of the faxing and use it afterwards regardless of whether we need to farm for it or if faxing got us set. :)

Razorsoup

Two issues here with the output I've included below. This script is not automatically unlocking The Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons. And it is claiming that I have already completed the Skate Park quest, which I haven't since I cannot even access the skate park yet. So, what's going on? Do I need to change something or have a setting wrong somewhere?

Edit: After manually unlocking the Wreck, it adventures there but then tries to go to Anemone Mine and fails because it never actually unlocked it.

Code:
[16815] An Octopus's Garden
Encounter: Neptune flytrap
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Desktop\Kingdom of Loathing\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Negative One Kelvin loses initiative!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 2-shot with attack with your weapon and attack with your weapon.
Round 1: Negative One Kelvin executes a macro!
Round 1: Negative One Kelvin attacks!
Round 2: neptune flytrap takes 610 damage.
Round 2: Negative One Kelvin attacks!
Round 3: neptune flytrap takes 611 damage.
Round 3: Negative One Kelvin wins the fight!
After Battle: Cosmo does a little fairy dance.
You acquire an item: wriggling flytrap pellet
You gain 49 Strengthliness
You gain 28 Wizardliness
You gain 36 Chutzpah

Conditions satisfied after 7 adventures.
Using 1 wriggling flytrap pellet...
Finished using 1 wriggling flytrap pellet.
Finding Big Brother in the Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Choices Left: 1

Request 1 of 248 (The Sea: The Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

You have already completed the Skate Park quest.
We need to find Grandma before we can continue on our grand adventure.
You need 50 sand dollars to complete this quest.
You need 50 sand dollars to buy a sushi mat.
You need a bubblin' stone to make an aerated diving helmet.

Settings from vars file:
Code:
seafloor_abyssEquipment	1
seafloor_bootQuest	6
seafloor_buyBoot	false
seafloor_buySkateBoard	false
seafloor_buySkateMap	false
seafloor_closetMeat	-1
seafloor_faxNeptune	false
seafloor_getHelmet	2
seafloor_getSushiMat	2
seafloor_grandpaChat	1
seafloor_maximizeString	mus,mox,sea
seafloor_monkeeAscension	0
seafloor_monkeeQuest	5
seafloor_monkeeStep	3
seafloor_outfit	
seafloor_outfitQuest	3
seafloor_skateQuest	3
seafloor_unlockTrophyfish	true

Last edited:

Theraze

Yeah, your settings are... all sorts of weird. Among other things, monkeeStep=3 means that you've already unlocked Grandpa and talked to him.

Set monkeeStep to 0 and grandpaChat to 0 and it will reset itself and reconsider everything. That should make it unlock things properly. Hopefully.

Theraze

Just be careful (not just you, but anyone) if copying settings between characters. If you copy everything, you're also copying quest status and certain once-only settings. Which WILL cause you problems in the future. So try to be careful and use the OP to guide your copyings.

Or just don't copy settings and do it manually based on OP. ;)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Or just don't copy settings and do it manually based on OP. ;)

As an aside, the OP is full of references to integers in a certain range. It could be much improved it there was a key/translation for those of us who have not memorized the Sea mechanics and possibilities. If you are just using an order from a Wiki page, telling us that and linking to it would be helpful.

Also it is my responsibility to survive combat but given my lack of success with school of many and a few others and the absence of a coherent combat strategy that I can find on the Wiki, help here would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Theraze

Regarding the integers in a certain range... they're all based on what my brain decided. Not the wiki. Not mafia, since it doesn't have tracking support for anything but the parts that Veracity made to help reduce server hits with the new content, which is awesome.

The explanations for the numbers are found in the script, right where each value's default it set. Putting them into the OP would make it a REALLY long post, and people already complained about there being too much to read with the short explanation of defaults.

Regarding the School of Many... my CCS is set to skip it. Well, actually to entangle and run away, since that gives a 100% success rate. And Peanut has entangle and weapon of the pastalord, since that wins consistently and WHAM kept trying to play it too safe and losing. Otherwise, WHAM just does all my underwater combat currently. Well, that and the bosses... I take care of the bosses manually, but that's because it amuses me. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The explanations for the numbers are found in the script, right where each value's default it set. Putting them into the OP would make it a REALLY long post, and people already complained about there being too much to read with the short explanation of defaults

Consider this a wistful, and unlikely to be met, and I'm fine with that, suggestion that it is far worse to make people read source code than documentation. Most people, in my experience, who claim documentation is too long weren't going to read it anyway, no matter what.

Thanks for the School of Many hint. I really am just blindly running this to see what skills and items I can make it get for me so...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
VariableValueMeaning
seafloor_monkeeQuest0Skip
1Little Brother
2Big Brother
3Grandpa
4Grandma
5Mom (default)
seafloor_abyssEquipment0Skip
1Wear what you have (default)
2Buy everything
seafloor_outfitQuest0Skip (default)
1Complete as Violence
2Complete as Hatred
3Complete as Loathing
seafloor_skateQuest0Skip (default)
1Complete Skate Quest as Ice
2Complete Skate Quest as Roller
3Complete Skate Quest as Board
4Unlock, but don't do quest.
seafloor_bootQuest0Skip (default)
1Das Boot for damp boot
2Fishy pipe for damp boot
3Fish meat for damp boot
4Damp wallet for damp boot
5Boot/Pipe/Meat
6Boot/Pipe/Wallet
seafloor_getSushiMat0Skip (default)
1Buy sand dollars for sushi mat
2Farm sand dollars for sushi mat
seafloor_getHelmet0Skip (default)
1Buy areated helmet
2Adventure for areated helmet
3Fax to get areated helmet

Theraze

Very nice. At some point I'll document that outfitQuest has a hidden extra bit where any number above 2 is how many of the Loathing components you need. Mine is currently set to 4 (2 loathing pieces) to allow for 1 loathing-piece and 1 each of violence and hatred. But collectors might want 6 for 2 of each (4 loathing pieces). Or 3 for just getting to dad as fast as possible (1 loathing piece). Or whatever. :)