TheSea.ash - Automated Underwater Quests

syrinxlui

No bone spurs in any outfits. Apparently I had entered a 1 for the seafloor_outfit variable and somehow that got translated to buying bone spurs.

Anyway, how can I get the script to skip rescuing mom and get on with the hatred gear? I thought that should be setting
zlib seafloor_monkeeQuest = 4
zlib seafloor_outfitQuest = 2

But I'm still adventuring in the Abyss

Theraze

Should be... maybe validate in your actual vars_syrinxlui.txt file that it's actually set those? Here's what I personally have set:
seafloor_bootQuest 6
seafloor_buyBoot true
seafloor_buySkateBoard true
seafloor_buySkateMap true
seafloor_closetMeat -1
seafloor_faxNeptune false
seafloor_getHelmet 0
seafloor_getSushiMat 0
seafloor_grandpaChat 1
seafloor_maximizeString
seafloor_monkeeAscension 58
seafloor_monkeeQuest 4
seafloor_monkeeStep 4
seafloor_outfit
seafloor_outfitQuest 2
seafloor_skateQuest 0
seafloor_unlockTrophyfish false

syrinxlui

It was seafloor_monkeeStep. It was only 1 for me. Manually setting it to 4 got the script to honor the "4" for seafloor_monkeeQuest.

Theraze

Ah. You'd either done part of the quest yourself manually, aborted at JUST the wrong time, or had reset some other value (either the ascension count or the step, previously) that made the old step check fail. :)

Popped up 1.6.2 which should address this... if it hits a quest check and you're at or below the step count, increment it rather than the old way which would only increment if both the castle and your step matched. :) Which never happened for you, as you were actually on step 4 (done with gma), but had it marked as looking for lil bro (step 1). :)

Winterbay

Cool. Also, that's the first entire folder in my folder structure I've had to delete because of the SVN migration (only had one script I'd classified as yours) :)

Magus_Prime

Would you be willing to entertain a feature request for the Caliginous Abyss?

Have the script auto-equip a shark jumper and scale-mail underwear and use a comb jelly while looking for Mom.
Perhaps with an associated variable to enable or disable the functionality.

For your consideration.

Theraze

Has it actually been spaded yet? I'm loath to add new expense-inducing flags until people actually validate their value.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I went to the Caliginous Abyss once. Well, many times, actually. Enough to get the three factoids for Peanut.

I noticed that before I saw Mom, I kept finding hints about sweaters - but as soon as I equipped a sweater, I stopped getting hints about sweaters. Ditto for the other two things.

Does it actually speed up finding her? Who knows - but wearing/using the requested items really does change the behavior of KoL itself.

Theraze

Yes. If memory serves, it takes 50 completed combats to find Mom normally with nothing equipped. Or at least, you find her on your 51st adventure down there. This happened the 10 or so times I tried it and was fairly static, if memory serves. Extended by running away from School of Many, etc.

There's anecdotal "maybe" responses from people that suggested that they may have found Mom in 13 adventures with some parts of the speeding gear equipped, but... anecdotal maybe-but-I'm-really-not-completely-sure isn't enough to mess with people's equipment. :) Yet.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just looked back at my log for the last time I found Mom (the buffs are useless as far as I'm concerned) and I cleared the area in 15 turns with a sweater, underwear, and Jelly Combed.

Magus_Prime

During my last run in the Abyss I had sweater and underwear equipped and noticed a drastic drop in the number of turns needed to find Mom.

Winterbay

I did the abyss today and had a shark jumper and the scale mail underwear on and it took 16 turns according to Mafia's counter.

Winterbay

No, after it has installed (viia the SVN-command) you can call it like normal (i.e. by typing the name of the script), so "thesea" should work fine.

Bale

Minion
How do you invoke svn scripts? Do I have to type "call svn\therazekolmafia-thesea\scripts\TheSea.ash" everytime?

Since you were able to find the /svn directory perhaps I should point out that while you use the version in /scripts as Winterbay has just said, if you want to edit the script you should edit the version that you just named and then push your changes to the local /scripts directory with the command svn sync

syrinxlui

What am I doing wrong here?

> thesea
Unable to invoke thesea

> call thesea
Unable to invoke thesea

> TheSea
Unable to invoke TheSea

> call TheSea
Unable to invoke TheSea

Bale

Minion
At a guess, you didn't install the script. Another guess: you changed it's name.

In the cli type svn thesea and confirm that therazekolmafia-thesea is in the list of projects. If it is, then please go to your /scripts directory or look at KoLmafia's scripts menu and try to get your eyeballs on it there. Can you see it?

Last edited: