Contest: Name my upcoming combat script!

Which is the best name for Zarqon's upcoming combat consult script?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ha. Well, technically, it should be THAC0 - "To Hit Armor Class (zero)". (I started role playing with OD&D - three little booklets in a white box - and continued with 1st edition AD&D, then 2nd, then V3, and continue to this day, playing and/or DMing a V3.5 campaign every single week. I am not interested in V4, since it doesn't "feel" like D&D to me...)

My first choice was identical to Jason's - Third Things Third. It obviously is a "hacker" (in the original sense) thing. :)

I'll see if I can come up with some other ideas, by and by. Your deadline is a long way hence. There is time.

zarqon

Aha. I thought it was a reference to the character of that name in the D&D-related webcomic Goblins.

I suppose this is because I've only ever really played 3.5, so I miss some of the older D&D references. I played 4 for a single campaign once but I agree with Veracity -- it definitely felt like a different game.

caphector

I might as well throw a few ideas into the ring…

MTM - Mash The Monsters (or Mobs)
EPEE - Expediently Pummel Errant Enemies (Or just Expediently Pummel Enemies, but I like EPEE)
KAPOW - I'd love a script called this, but I can't figure out a backronym
AHA - Attack Hostile Antagonists

dj_d

I do feel compelled to throw in that ZOMG should probably be "Zarqon's omniscient melee guru", since it's more all-knowing than all-powerful. And as long as I'm going there, I'd volunteer "Zarqon's optimal melee guru".

Credit for these goes to halfvoid, though, for the original acronym - I'm not trying to killsteal. :)

xKiv

KAPOW - I'd love a script called this, but I can't figure out a backronym
Kolmafia Assisted Power Obliteration Widget?

----
And now a couple of half assed-ideas from me:

Kingdom of Combat (too pretentious?)
Fatality
FAD - Fall And Die
BatMaster

halfvoid

ROFL - Really Organized Fight Logistics
OCD - Optimally Chosen Dueling
WOMBAT - We Only Make Bangin Action Tactics
FUBAR - Fight Under Best Adventure Reasoning

Non acronymial:
Combatsmith

for caphector:
KAPOW - Kick Ass Prioritizing Optimal Warfare

tgetgel

CC - Carnage Creator
CCC - Complete Carnage Creator
CCC - Cool Carnage Creator
DROID - Does Reduce Others Into Dust
BAT - Battle AssisTant
DINGBAT - Dexterous Ingenious Nefariously-Good Battle Assisting Techniques

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

APA:
Antagonistic
Prestidigitatory
Abominator

Palindrome abbreviation, haiku, AND hidden reference in one... (For those who don't know, the APA were a professional wrestling tag team who acted as "bodyguards" for other wrestlers. Given the suite of scripts, I thought it appropriate ^^)

zarqon

I'm truly amazed at the number of netspeak acronyms which can be applied to ending the lives of monsters!

I'm imagining some mafia n00b asking "how i can has defeat monsters?" A community member answers: "Try FTW OMG! Or PWNT or ZOMG. Some people have good results with YMMV. Use IIRC for postAscension, LULZ to run URs, and STFU to manage your clan!"

halfvoid: You're at 16 contributions and counting. Impressive.

Everyone keep the submissions coming! But no one suggest iFight 2.0, please.

Bale

Minion
After SmartStasis, zarqon's attack script goes batty!

BATTY - Beyond Attacking, Total Termination Yowza!

Okay, perhaps some people are better at naming than I am, but my heart was in it! Here are some more:

BatBat - ComBAT BATler.
Total Termination
Optimal Overwhelmer
NBN - Nullification By the Numbers

xKiv

I can't believe nobody suggested this yet (even if it doesn't stand a chance against WTF OMG TTT):
BATMAN (battle manager).

I am BATMAN.
You killed my parents.
Prepare to die!
(four extra syllables).