Contest: Name my upcoming combat script!

Which is the best name for Zarqon's upcoming combat consult script?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zarqon

Veracity, I fear the sadness of your tale exceeds my own. A moment of silence, please, for all those who have attempted to achieve their dreams but been slighted by cruel fate and exponentially increasing markets:

Thank you all for your comiseration.

I must add, self-taunting as a solution had not occurred to me. Perhaps that is what I'm doing with the rest of my bat collection, however.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Not quite: as I see it, the rubber emo roe was added to the grimoire specifically to taunt those of us who wish they had the original. Like me.

But I can see your viewpoint - and it's not bad. Hah.

zarqon

And if you try to chase me down I'll just turn into a FRIGGIN' CLOUD OF BATS and fly away.

SO AWESOME.

zarqon

Poll created!! Submissions are closed. Begin voting!

You can vote for more than one. Please limit your votes to the very best options, though.

Was it ever difficult to choose only 10 options! Thanks for all the great submissions everyone!

The first post is updated with all kinds of goodness!
  • Prizes have been chosen!
  • I posted a little spiel for each submission. Recommend that you read that before voting.

And just to keep it interesting...

The first person who can adequately explain the significance of this and its relevance to my script will win an honorary 121 clovers:

MMSSKSK

Good luck!

zarqon

ZOMG WTF is up with that.

On a related note, a bit surprised there were no submissions for FTW or PWN.

Bale

Minion
So the math on the poll there seems to be a little off. Last time I checked, 25+25+50+25+25+25+25 != 100

That's normal for a poll that allows a person to vote multiple times. It reports the percentage of people that voted for a given choice, not the percentage of total votes that the choice received.

If you calculate it that way, the math is fine.

tgetgel

adequately explain the significance of this and its relevance to my script...

MMSSKSK

Make Meat, Sell Stuff, Keep Silling Kimple! :rolleyes:

Making meat is how you get the stuff you want and need.
Selling stuff is how you make more meat and keep your inventory clean.
Nothing fancy about killing stuff - Just find the best way to do it and keep it simple. Ah, like I wrote - Keep Silling Kimple. hic. (Although I suspect that there are a number of things in the script that are not so simple.):D

Last edited:

zarqon

Much as I admire your adroit spoonerism, this is not a case for creativity but rather one for sleuthing.

Bale

Minion
When it comes to fighting, nobody knows more about it than BatMan, so I want BatMan to finish my fights for me.

It's not alliterative, but it would be damn cool to be able to rely on BatMan to kill monsters for me. It's just a sweet bonus that it is short for Battle Manager and it makes me think, "I am the Bat!"

Last edited:

zarqon

So far, BatMan is in the lead, with many of the key contributors around here having already voted. However, at this point none of the options has 0 votes and it could still go a number of directions. Lurkers, don't hesitate to place your votes!

In other news, so far it looks like I get to hang on to my 121 clovers... excellent! ;)

Bale

Minion
Sadly my ZBattle is unlikely to take the lead from the sexy choices of BatMan and WTF.

MMSSKSK describes the main components of the script's architecture. MapManager to get the necessary data for computation. SmartStasis for handling pre-killing decision. And finally, the Kill Shot Kalculator to decimate opponents.

halfvoid

well of course i'm voting for comnibat. ;) i like a script with a bit of godlike power to its name. Not that i think it'll win, but i might rename it on my computer anyway if it doesn't. :)

kain

I always think of clever things after the fact, but I totally would have voted for a combat script named "IDKFA"

zarqon

Me likes!

Might have to change it to IDIFA though -- keys aren't really used in combat.