Contest: Name my upcoming combat script!

Which is the best name for Zarqon's upcoming combat consult script?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bumcheekcity

Best Underspending Melee Checker Heeding Everything - Eventually Knowing Critically, and Intuitively Taking, Your Instructed Steps to Guarantee Obliterating Destruction

Thread done. You can all go home now.

zarqon

Ha! And I'm impressed yet again.

I'll shorten that submission to "Guarantee Obliterating Destruction", which appeals to my "I live in Asia" side, in addition to promising to make scripted combat discussions sound like interesting and unorthodox proselytizing.

"Have you installed GOD?"
"Just call GOD and forget about that problem."
"I use GOD to beat down just about everything."
"I note your use of gender-neutral pronouns when talking about GOD. What are you trying to say?"
"Does GOD support Slimes?"
"Why doesn't GOD use delay strategies?"
"GOD has simplified my life."
"Can I use GOD to level up faster?"

See? ALL funny. Oh wait, here's my favorite:

Consult script 'GOD.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.

Bale

Minion
LoL! That is funny.

GOD might just be a winner despite not being palindromic, assonant, alliterative or having a bat.

slyz

Developer
Who said god doesn't have a bat?

also:
WWF - We Win Fights
RISK - RISK Is a Scripted Killer (that's kind of pushing it, but I wanted a recursive acronym)

halfvoid

Non acronym:

Aggromancer: Self explanatory, should one know about 'mancers in general. Also, a term i use to describe people who intentionally start fights.
Comnibat: The all knowing all seeing combat consultant.
Oriole: Referencing that he pretty much tells you what to do upon starting the game, who's to say he wouldn't also pick every skill for you to use in combat, for enough golden twigs.

Acronym:

TMNT - The Most Necessary Tactic
WASABI - What Action Should Actually Be Initiated?

Last edited:

dj_d

Well, if you want a recursive acronym:
BATS is an automated termination script
or
BATON automates termination of nasties
or
STABATS terminating all baddies in an automated threat system

or whatever.

Bale

Minion
How about something short, sweet and to the point (with a bat): Z-Battler.

I think the meaning is self-evident since it is Zarqon's Batle script. If you want you can shorten it to...

Z-BAT

'Tis not fancy, but it does sound kinda cool.

Last edited:

zarqon

It's the final day for submissions! Tomorrow evening submissions will be closed and I will create the poll with my 10 faves. There were so many great submissions that you've all given me quite a chore. Keep in mind I'm on Korea time (GMT+9) so chances are it will be earlier than you expected. I'm also using Korea power (220V @60Hz), just in case you care.

dj_d

I had kimchee for lunch. I hope that counts for something.

So did you get a talisman of bakula, or just notice the effect?

zarqon

That definitely counts. You just earned at least 100 Korean Points.

I just noticed that effect! Is it awesome or what? Now I don't know which pipe dream I should shoot for: a Cheshire Bat or a Talisman of Bakula! I almost have enough for a Bakula, but if I do that I'm basically resigning myself to never getting the Cheshire. Dilemmas, dilemmas!

Bale

Minion
Cheshire is 100 million meat and rising. The Bakula is only 22 million meat. The bitten is five times the price! If you've got almost enough for a Bakula, isn't the Cheshire Bitten only a Cheshire Pipe dream?

I have long since accepted that people like us will never see 100 million meat at one time. It requires real dedication to earn that much.

zarqon

The Tale of Zarqon and the Cheshire Bitten
A cautionary tale

When I was a young lad just entering the world of KoL, Cheshire bittens were already a previous IotM, and were far more expensive than I could comprehend (in the millions). My pressing concerns were things like getting enough meat to buy a tenderizing hammer.

When I had figured out that I would be sticking with KoL and decided donating was worth it, Cheshire bittens were about 10M meat. But since it was twice the price of most other limited content items I got others first -- like time gear and a green pixie.

When I decided I must have every bat in the world, I donated for an extra Mr. A that month and brought my meat up to 10M. Unfortunately, in the mall the bittens were now fluttering out of reach at 18M.

When after more farming and donating I had actually reached 18M meat, I checked again and they were at 36M. The price appeared to be increasing exponentially, while my meat-gathering efforts were proceeding linearly.

When I reached 36M, I checked again and, sure enough, they were at 98M. Then Crimbo came along. In frustration, I invested in some Crimbo stuff. But, not heavily -- I still can't shake the notion that somehow, someday, the price will stop going up and I will catch up.

MORAL: He who hebetates is lost, lost, lost.

Bale

Minion
That was a beautiful story. I feel it personally. I have a similar story, but the object of my desire was the Tome of Snowcone Summoning. It was the IotM the very month I joined KoL. I had no idea I'd care so much for the game so I had no interest in donating, nor any idea that it was a good item. By the time I cared, the price was already going up. I save, donated and prayed, but it always kept rising far beyond my purchasing power.

Unlike your story, mine has a happy ending. Eventually, I got a Tome of Stickers and a VIP Key. Between the two, I felt that I had little need for Snowcones. With the release of Sugar Summoning it became evident that I would never summon a snow cone during HC play ever, even if I could.

The moral of my story is that new joys eventually replace loss. It is sad that your desire cannot be so easily replaced.

zarqon

My Nervous Tick is supposed to be functionally equivalent, but it can't even fly. ㅠㅠㅠ

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Sad. Very sad.

I have a similar story about the emo roe, except I actually tried to donate for a Mr. A the one day it was in the shop - and for the first and only time, Paypal refused to do an "instant transfer" for me, insisting, instead, on doing an "e-check", which took three days to clear. Ever since then, I have compared my purse with the mall price of the cheapest emo roe and have watched the gap get wider, ever wider.

That's why I've collected the cheap rubber imitations ever since the grimoire started spitting them out - specifically to taunt me.