Contest: Name my upcoming combat script!

Which is the best name for Zarqon's upcoming combat consult script?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bale

Minion
Yah, but you have to turn it back from an advevent id to a skill to use that function which is a trifle inconvenient.

Also, Sing and Disco Bandit delevelings work safely on a Procrastination Giant so it isn't just for spells that you need to check. Actually, only turtle tamer and seal clubber attack skills will get you in trouble so it is easiest to simply check for those. I wrote the following function.

PHP:
boolean safe(advevent a) {
	if(m != $monster[Procrastination Giant] || weapon_type(equipped_item($slot[weapon])) == $stat[Moxie])
		return true;
	matcher aid = create_matcher("(skill|use|attack|jiggle)(?: (\\d+),?(\\d+)?)?",a.id);
	if(aid.find())
		switch (aid.group(1)) {
		case "jiggle":
		case "use": return true;
		case "skill": return !($classes[Seal Clubber,Turtle Tamer] contains aid.group(2).to_int().to_skill().class);
		case "attack": return false;
		}
	return true;
}

Okay, that regexp is a teeny bit more complicated than you need since it includes funkslinging, but there's a reason for that being there since I just copy/pasted it from a function that needs to check funkslinging and it doesn't hurt anything here.

PS. Actually Harpoon and Summon Leviatuga are probably safe as well, but you don't encounter Procrastination Giants under the sea, so that will never be an issue. I think.

Last edited:

Winterbay

You can use Harpoon above sea as well... Not that it is a very useful skill there... :)

I put the check in the same place I check for skills that do too little damage to be of use against thos annoying nurses that keeps healing themselves which is in my calculation bit, that bit uses $skill data types to do its calculations so there is no problem converting back and forth. However as you say it is removing DB skills as well, otoh I don't have any of those permed so it's really not a problem yet :)

Bale

Minion
You can use Harpoon above water?! The wiki says, "Prior to around December 22, 2010 this was skill was not usable without being underwater." Huh. It seems my knowledge was outdated. I guess I'll have to consider if that is actually worth fixing since Harpoon is so useless that no sane consult script will ever decide to use it.

xKiv

Harpoon might be useful in situations when you want to control your damage output ... like the mother slime trophy.
(hypothetically, it could also be optimal skill against something that blocks all normal attacks and spells and is 100% resistant against physical and you are not in element-form, since it grants +50% to elemental damage)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Would spectral snapper not be better in that hypothetical scenario, since it too is not a spell, and it deals pure elemental damage?

xKiv

OK, you would also have to have low muscle (and high bonus elemental damage).
Veeery hypotheticalal.