bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

sleepy g

Hello BCC, and any other helpful people out there --

Earlier today I was looking at another player's BCC snapshot (Icy Elemental) when I noticed the snapshot pointed directly to a Dreadsylvania section! Of course I immediately updated mafia and ran the script then looked at my profile.. but no dread section!

I tried to update my profile here http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profilesetup.php but apparently I have a password which is not one I commonly use and of course cannot remember.

>> update: I tried to change my password via kmail to BCC as per the instructions on the profile setup page. Do I wait for a reply or is it automatic?

I sent a kmail to BCC but thought I might oughta also post here.. so, any help or suggestions?

Last edited:

greycat

The instructions should say how to run the thing once it has been installed. It's not at all obvious how to do so.

$ java -jar KoLmafia-12610.jar --CLI
username: greycat
> svn update snapshot
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bumcheekascend-snapshot...
/home/greg/.kolmafia/svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot
At revision 345
Done.
Requests complete.

> call snapshot
Unable to invoke snapshot

> call snapshot.ash
Unable to invoke snapshot.ash

> call bumcheekascend-snapshot
Unable to invoke bumcheekascend-snapshot

> call bumcheekascend-snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash
Unable to invoke bumcheekascend-snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash

I finally went to a shell in another terminal, and:

$ cd .kolmafia/scripts/
$ ln -s ../svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash .

And then back in Mafia:

> call snapshot.ash
<font color="blue">You have a display case with at least one item in it.</font>

I can't imagine this is the intended installation process, but I'm utterly at a loss for how to make the "call" command look at scripts that are not in the ~/.kolmafia/scripts/ directory.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I can't imagine this is the intended installation process, but I'm utterly at a loss for how to make the "call" command look at scripts that are not in the ~/.kolmafia/scripts/ directory.

The fact that it is not in the /scripts directory (in addition to buried in /svn) means something went wrong, outside of anything this script could have done. Simply copy-pasting the svn checkout command from the first post should have put it there.

Theraze

Yep. Probably run from a location where it wasn't actually able to update the /scripts folder. Making this not a script bug, and rather a user-error.

slyz

Developer
Did you delete snapshot.ash from your /scripts folder at some point? I think that makes Mafia's SVN think you don't want that particular file from this project, so /svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash wouldn't be copied over to /scripts.

greycat

Did you delete snapshot.ash from your /scripts folder at some point? I think that makes Mafia's SVN think you don't want that particular file from this project, so /svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash wouldn't be copied over to /scripts.

Yeah. I think the actual sequence of events was something like:
1. Have lots of snapshot-x.y.ash sitting in ~/.kolmafia/scripts from the pre-SVN days.
2. When SVN first rolled out, I didn't use the built-in client. Instead, I made a directory outside of ~/.kolmafia/ and did an svn update there, and copied it manually into ~/.kolmafia/scripts.
3. At some point later, I did the built-in mafia SVN thing.
4. Then I realized "Hey, I still have all those non-SVN copies sitting in ~/.kolmafia/scripts! I'd better get rid of all of those."
5. Did another built-in mafia svn update, and it didn't put the script in ~/.kolmafia/scripts.

So I can live with that, I suppose, if only it were documented somewhere.

My symlink workaround just blew up on me today:
Code:
 > svn update snapshot
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating bumcheekascend-snapshot...
/home/greg/.kolmafia/svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot
U         https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/snapshot/scripts
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/snapshot
At revision 364
Pushing local updates...
snapshot.ash => /home/greg/.kolmafia/scripts/snapshot.ash
Done.
Requests complete.

Code:
golem:~/.kolmafia/scripts$ ls -l
total 54
-rw-r--r-- 1 greg greg  1870 Aug 20  2011 bumpork0.2.ash
-rw-r--r-- 1 greg greg 11200 Dec 16  2009 crimbo11.ash
-rw-r--r-- 1 greg greg  1879 Sep  9  2012 mystery-1.1a.ash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 greg greg    51 Sep 10 18:52 snapshot.ash -> ../svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot/scripts/snapshot.ash
-rw-r--r-- 1 greg greg 37768 Jul  1  2012 SpaceTripper.ash

golem:~/.kolmafia/scripts$ ls -lL snapshot.ash
-rw-r--r-- 1 greg greg 0 Sep 26 10:24 snapshot.ash

So whatever "snapshot.ash => /home/greg/.kolmafia/scripts/snapshot.ash" is actually doing, it at least has the potential to truncate the script when you have a symlink in place.

All right then... I guess the REAL fix is to remove the symlink, touch ~/.kolmafia/scripts/snapshot.ash, then do an svn update and see what happens...?

Nope. Mafia thinks I'm at the latest revision and doesn't update the 0-byte script.

OK, then the REAL FOR SURE fix is to remove BOTH copies entirely (hell, I'd better nuke the whole ~/.kolmafia/svn/bumcheekascend-snapshot/ hierarchy just to be sure), and then redo the svn checkout...?

Aha! That finally worked.

Lxndr

The snapshot is missing Summon Rad Libs and Summon Geeky Gifts. There are 233 skills in the game at this writing, you're only tracking 231.

Also, while it lists 231 separate squares for skills, a person who's completely filled out (like greycat) reports having 232 perms. (there are 233 skills in the game)

in snapshot_skills, you have Northern Explosion listed twice, as 229 and 231.

It looks like you're double-counting Northern Explosion.

Also on your leaderboards, people who are filled out (like greycat) are reportign 235. In fact, everyone on your leaderboard is +3 to the number on their profile.

Last edited:

Lxndr

Okay, you added the Disco Bandit Revamp! YAY! And you got rid of your Northern Explosion duplication, double yay!

But you're still missing Summon Rad Libs and Summon Geeky Gifts.

(Also what's up with skill number 245? none none none...)

Last edited:

Lxndr

Okay! You have all the revamped guild skills in, successfully. Thank you! I appreciate your efforts!

You need to rename 'Eye of the Stoat' to 'Batter Up!' and you need to switch it and Thirst of the Weasel.

Your skill ID, #245, is still labeled 'none'.

You're also still missing Summon Rad Libs and Summon Geeky Gifts.

Finally, there's one additional skill added as a side-effect of the revamps: Bind Spaghetti Elemental. Maybe that's a good thing to use 245 for?

ALSO:

Your snapshot page still directs people to the bug report page, although you told me that people should post in the forum threads.

Last edited:

Lxndr

Yay! Lots of things fixed.

Two things:

Rad Libs and Geeky Gifts are now on your skill list. I just ran my snapshot and my profile says I don't have them, although I do.

also, Thirst of the Weasel is now level six, and Batter Up! is level 11. Just switch them in your lists and you're probably fine.

Terion

Just ran it to check my Manuel, then did the svn checkout to make sure I had the latest version , and ran it again. Saw a couple things:

The snapshot did not register my 3 factoids for François Verte, Art Teacher -- I expect due to the fancy c in his first name. The wiki page with his factoids is here.

Hobelf: There are two Hobelves with factoids (factoid wiki page here) -- one is from the Elf Alley in the Basement, while the other is from the CRIMBCO WC in Holiday. But the snapshot seems to have them both listed (by initial factoid) in the Elf Alley section, and the Hobelf inthe CRIMBCO WC section does not get any factoids registered to it. Going by the stats listed on the factoid page and on the hobelfs' individual pages, it looks like they go in these locations:
Hobelf (Elf Alley) -- 500 HP -- is the hobelf with the first factoid "The job opportunities...".
Hobelf (WC) -- 40 HP -- is the hobelf with the first factoid "The proper plural is ..."

Terion

Also, there is a Ninja Snowman missing in the Everything Else - Ninja Snowmen section. In addition to the Assassin, Janitor, and Weaponmaster, there are three different "Ninja Snowman" monsters, but the snapshot only has two.

It includes the one with the first factoid starting "Most ninja snowmen practice..." and the one starting "Ninja snowmen use carrots..." but is missing the Ninja Snowman whose picture is holding the ricebowl and whose first factoid starts with "How do ninja snowmen eat rice without taking off their masks?"

Last edited:

Terion

Belilafs Comedy Club has the three imps and Carbuncle Top, but Larry and Victor are grouped separately in the misspelled "Beliafs Comedy Club" (missing the second L).

OK, let's Edit this post instead of stacking up separate ones...

The béarnaise zombie (in Nemesis Assassins) is not registering that I have all three of the factoids; the snapshot says I have none. Its first factoid starts with "Ironically, before the zombie became..." I'd wager it's due to the special character in the name, or because it is the only listing in Nemesis Assassins without the first letter capitalized (whether or not the names are actually capitalized in the Manuel in game.)

Looks like there are a bunch of entries missing in Nemesises, as well. Each Nemesis has three pre-Demon versions that all have the same name, and then their fourth version with a Demonic name, but the snapshot only shows one pre-Demon name -- except for Somerset Lopez, Dread Mariachi, who does have versions 1, 2, and 3.
Here's the others, with the start of their first factoids. (Full factoids pages for Gorgolok, Lumpy, and the other three Ss -- Spaghetti, Spirit, and Stella.)
Gorgolok, the Infernal Seal [1] (Gorgolok's name is from the...)
Gorgolok, the Infernal Seal [2] (Gorgolok went to great...)
Gorgolok, the Infernal Seal [3] (Gorgolok's horns are made...)
Lumpy, the Sinister Sauceblob [1] (Lumpy got his nickname...)
Lumpy, the Sinister Sauceblob [2] (Although Lumpy is an...)
Lumpy, the Sinister Sauceblob [3] (Lumpy can extrude...)
Spaghetti Elemental [1] (Most types of pasta have...)
Spaghetti Elemental [2] (If you throw the Spaghetti...)
Spaghetti Elemental [3] (A Napoleon is a French pastry...)
Spirit of New Wave [1] (The Spirit of New Wave doesn't...)
Spirit of New Wave [2] (The Spirit of New Rave believes...)
Spirit of New Wave [3] (Never ask the Spirit to 'pon de replay...)
Stella, the Turtle Poacher [1] (Whether you're sliced by...)
Stella, the Turtle Poacher [2] (Stella used to pan-fry...)
Stella, the Turtle Poacher [3] (Stella's tiny pitchfork and...)

Last edited:

Xantaxar

I apologize in advance if problems similar to this have been posted before, but I didn't see any. So, here goes!

I'm trying to get a super cool and useful profile of my own, and so I type "svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/snapshot" into mafia's CLI. It returns:

(Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
C:\Users\Xantaxar\Downloads\svn\bumcheekascend-snapshot
At revision 421
Successfully checked out working copy.
Done.
Requests complete.)

It directs me to file inside the bumcheekcity-snapshot folder (called snapshot and containing, presumably, the data for the creation of my profile). It has a bunch of code and stuff.
So... what should I do now? There doesn't seem to be any clear indication of what to do next.

Thanks a bunch for the help!

I apologize in advance if problems similar to this have been posted before, but I didn't see any. So, here goes!

I'm trying to get a super cool and useful profile of my own, and so I type "svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/snapshot" into mafia's CLI. It returns:

(Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
C:\Users\Xantaxar\Downloads\svn\bumcheekascend-snapshot
At revision 421
Successfully checked out working copy.
Done.
Requests complete.)

It directs me to file inside the bumcheekcity-snapshot folder (called snapshot and containing, presumably, the data for the creation of my profile). It has a bunch of code and stuff.
So... what should I do now? There doesn't seem to be any clear indication of what to do next.

Thanks a bunch for the help!
You've got the script installed. Run it - refresh the menu first, if "snapshot.ash" doesn't show up - by selecting its entry from the Script menu. It'll print out a LOT of stuff in the gCLI - it's rather verbose. Once it's done it'll give you the URL of your new profile. Go visit that in your browser.

Xantaxar

You've got the script installed. Run it - refresh the menu first, if "snapshot.ash" doesn't show up - by selecting its entry from the Script menu. It'll print out a LOT of stuff in the gCLI - it's rather verbose. Once it's done it'll give you the URL of your new profile. Go visit that in your browser.

Okay, it works!
Thanks for the information!