bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

Winterbay

You've got the script installed. Run it - refresh the menu first, if "snapshot.ash" doesn't show up - by selecting its entry from the Script menu. It'll print out a LOT of stuff in the gCLI - it's rather verbose. Once it's done it'll give you the URL of your new profile. Go visit that in your browser.

Or just type "snapshot" in the CLI :)

Mr_Crac

Why is there a section for Crimbo 2013? There was never one for other Crimbos, after all.

This is especially irksome since Crimbo 2013 outfit items are designed in a way so that it is impossible for everybody to get every outfit part. If it were like Hobopolis outfits or Sea stuff, so that with spending enough time you can eventually get all the things... but it isn't, sadly.

Last edited:

ereinion

My guess would be that there is a section for Crimbo '13 because it's not entirely trivial to get all the stuff this year, you need to make an effort to collect it all (or sell a mr. a and buy it), and there's also no tattoo. You can always turn it off.

Crowther

My guess would be that there is a section for Crimbo '13 because it's not entirely trivial to get all the stuff this year, you need to make an effort to collect it all (or sell a mr. a and buy it), and there's also no tattoo. You can always turn it off.
It wasn't entirely trivial in previous years and wasn't possible after the event ended in some. I know, because I messed it up. Also, I remember many crimbo's where we were all giving just one of three parts of an outfit, so I don't know why people keep saying this is the first one where everyone can't get everything. Anyway, I don't care if Crimbo 13 is added to snapshot or not. I just don't want wrong justifications used for or against it.

Darzil

Developer
I'm not seeing "The Smiths Tome" in my Mr Items list. I guess maybe it's looking for "Crack it Open" on the bookshelf, but if I've already cast the spells the relevant text would be "You have a copy of The Smith's Tome".

Also not seeing the Reanimated Reanimator from my terrarium on the familiar lists (I both have one and have done 100% run, but it is white), but don't see anything odd in the datafile.

bumcheekcity

JLE (#169283) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 12:57PM

Problems with snapshot script:

(1) It is telling me that I do not have the Reanimated Reanimator familiar in my terrarium, only its hatchling. I do in fact have it, and have even done a 100% run with it.

(2) It is adding up my trophies incorrectly, saying that I have 130 when in fact I have 129.

(3) This despite the fact that it does not appear to recognise the two most recent trophies, #131 and #132 (a complete die-cast set, and using 11 Cloaca Cola Polars). #130 has not been discovered yet.

(4) The "cooking" discoveries are not recognising that I have the "fettucini epines inconnu" discovery from PVP, although in fact I do, it's still pinked out on the profile when it should be green.

(5) Quite apart from the fact that it's not actually up to date with how many other crafting recipes there are, of all types, but I think you said you weren't going to update this anyway.

(6) It is still failing to recognise that I have a Pen Pal, GameInformPowerDaily Pro subscription and Florist Friar all installed.

(7) And it needs the January 2014 IOTM added, although I guess this will wait till the two 2014 Familiars of the Year will be available.

(8) Suggestion - It would be nice to have a row for all the Convention Donation items (hippo ballerina familiar, gygaxian libram, rad libs tome, beer garden).

1) Fixed
2) Should be resolved.
3) Trophies added.
4) I'll get to discoveries a lot later. Probably a special character thing.
5) Yep.
6) Works for me.
7) Added. Makes the table weird, but I'll work that out later.
8) I'll add that soon.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Why is there a section for Crimbo 2013? There was never one for other Crimbos, after all.

This is especially irksome since Crimbo 2013 outfit items are designed in a way so that it is impossible for everybody to get every outfit part. If it were like Hobopolis outfits or Sea stuff, so that with spending enough time you can eventually get all the things... but it isn't, sadly.

Because I wanted one for Crimbo 2013 and didn't care about the other Crimbos.

I'd quite like to see at least the Crimbo campground items added, but maybe that's just me.
and class-specific equipment from requisition boxes as well.

Aren't they tradeable and cheap?

I'm not seeing "The Smiths Tome" in my Mr Items list. I guess maybe it's looking for "Crack it Open" on the bookshelf, but if I've already cast the spells the relevant text would be "You have a copy of The Smith's Tome".

Also not seeing the Reanimated Reanimator from my terrarium on the familiar lists (I both have one and have done 100% run, but it is white), but don't see anything odd in the datafile.

Should have the Smith Tome and Reanimator issue fixed.

Darzil

Developer
I tried it and got a blank profile. Are there old files I need to remove or something?

Edit - I tell a lie, it sees that I have a full telescope.

digitrev

Awesome to see this update with all the new stuff. But it looks like the airplane charter isn't properly registering.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Awesome to see this update with all the new stuff. But it looks like the airplane charter isn't properly registering.

Mafia only yesterday added a setting to track whether you actually have the charter (sleazeAirportAlways, which you will need to set manually), and KoL gives no indication that you have it compared to having used a day pass, so that isn't a surprise.

Darzil

Developer
Mafia only yesterday added a setting to track whether you actually have the charter (sleazeAirportAlways, which you will need to set manually), and KoL gives no indication that you have it compared to having used a day pass, so that isn't a surprise.

You wouldn't need to set it manually if you got it after yesterday's mafia update, but that's likely to be Niche. Hopefully we can get in there early on the next airport.

Beljeferon

I have noticed a problem with my snapshot : the demon names refuse to fill in. I have them all, and have for many years... yet they refuse to be shown on the snapshot. Anything I can do about this?
(Oh, I am not frequently [read as "ever"] here, since I came here from the snapshot to mention this issue, so if anyone can help out, an email to me would be awesome! Thanks!

Crowther

I have noticed a problem with my snapshot : the demon names refuse to fill in. I have them all, and have for many years... yet they refuse to be shown on the snapshot. Anything I can do about this?
(Oh, I am not frequently [read as "ever"] here, since I came here from the snapshot to mention this issue, so if anyone can help out, an email to me would be awesome! Thanks!
Do you have them in KoLmafia or KoL? KoL got reset a long time ago. I'm not sure which snapshot looks at. Looks like it uses KoLmafia's properties.

ElekksAreSeriouse

I'm so psyched for this profile feature so I'll post here as well. I'm trying to get this to work but I'm totally failing. Tried using the CLI command but nothing is happening as for creating a profile. I'm probably just missing something obvious, but thought I'd ask for help.

Edit: Just got helped at the kol forum, writing snapshot.ash in the CLI was the problem.

Last edited: