bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

Mousse9

The temporary password is the standard reset password bumcheekcity himself gives. Everybody can see that, I can't exactly hide what he mentions in his instructions.
"Also, if you have a problem or question about the script, please post on the KoLMafia.us forum topic". There was no mention of having to make it a private message, but I'll do that now.

I remember trying to do this snapshot thing and it never working. Once was before the Valhalla revamp. It didn't work. Once must've been after the revamp. Nothing, again. This time again, same thing. So it has never worked for me, and quite probably has nothing to do with incorrect passwords or memoryfails.

Theraze

Well, whether it's the standard reset password or not... best shot is trying to communicate with him. And anything with passwords take to PM or, if the password is standard, he probably knows what it is... :p

I've used the snapshot thing repeatedly over the past 2 years and it's worked, though sometimes I've needed to wipe faulty data files or something else similar. It's never given me password complains, so... if you really think it doesn't have to do with the password, then post the gCLI output from your snapshot execution here. If it's working properly, there should be fun output that tells you some of the details of what it's running as well as the site and (standardized) config links. If it's failing before then... yes, you do have a problem. :)

Mousse9

The script itself runs without any problems. It's only when I open the link, the page it refers to SHOULD have all the info, instead it just says "Incorrect Password". The other two times I tried to use Snapshot were unfortunately too long ago to remember what it was that did not work. Could very well have been the same "Incorrect Password" problem. Well, I've PM'ed Bumcheekcity, hopefully he has time to check this.

stufff

The script seems to be missing my Boris's Helm when it is (askew). I just updated to 2.5 and this is still the case.

Aleph

so i keep getting "IOException during data post" for almost everything which i know is just network issues and not mafia or the script. as this has been happening for a few weeks, i'm wondering if there's some way i could manually upload the files. the perm list is very useful for planning ascensions.

Raven434

Only shows if I have familiars. No other colors for familiars section - no 90%, no 100% color coding, etc.

r11622 and snapshot 2.5.

Winterbay

Yeah, a lot of things are commented out in the script. If you uncomment that things should start showing up again.

Any way to add checking for used skillbooks? Would be useful for things like an unpermed Necbronomicon that I almost used a second of when I had a (used) copy in my inventory from a previous aftercore stint.

And yes, yes - I am very full of fail.

Terion

Yeah, a lot of things are commented out in the script. If you uncomment that things should start showing up again.

Sooo... do what? Comments are the stuff inside /* */ right? The only part of that that I saw was at the start, though I only skimmed a lot of it. Just go through and delete everything that looks like a note in english rather than a piece of code?

My profile wants all it's pretty variations again. :(

bumcheekcity

I've recently moved and get my home internet back on 6th December so I'll fix this and tidy up the Manuel section of the snapshot further when I'm back.

Obviously I haven't really been checking in as the move has been really busy but other than the colours thing, and the fact that the manual broadly works but half the entries need tweaking - is everything generally working well?

Sorry for leaving this so long.

Darzil

Developer
Hope the move is going well !

I know what it's like, lost internet access for 4 weeks myself, and there is so much to do anyway !

Ethelred

Obviously I haven't really been checking in as the move has been really busy but other than the colours thing, and the fact that the manual broadly works but half the entries need tweaking - is everything generally working well?

Don't know if you're including this in the "colours thing", but 100% and tourguide familiar runs are still not being shown.