bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

bumcheekcity

Bale, the problem is to do with capital letters in the names. The mafia data file comes with the mafia monsters' names, with may be capitalised differently to the in-game. But the check is case-sensetive, so I first check for the exact match, so "L Imp" which matches nothing. Then if it gets no results, I check for "l imp" which matchest nothing (i.e. lowercase everything, as a catch all).

But the KoL Monster name is "L imp" so these just need correcting in the data file.

Of course, some monsters, like the "Mimic (Bottom 2 Rows)" aren't the KoL monsters name at all.

I've checked all the monsters you supplied and I don't have the following, so I can't clarify the exact capitalisation for the following monsters:

0 - An Angry Bugbear
0 - An Annoying Spooky Gravy Fairy
0 - A Bugged Bugbear
3 - Mad Bugbears
0 - A Revolting Bugbear
0 - A Revolving Bugbear
0 - Knob Goblin Poseur
0 - Roller-skating Muse
0 - Tiger-Lily
0 - An Usher
0 - The Master of Ceremonies
0 - Cobb's Knob Oven
0 - Frat Warrior Drill Sergeant
0 - One-Eyed Gnoll
0 - Mimic (Bottom 2 Rows)
0 - Mimic (Middle 2 Rows)
0 - Mimic (Top 2 Rows)

Note: Other frequent problems were use of "The" and "A"/"An" or special characters in the name. For monsters that have the same name, the script also checks the first factoid, like for the Orcish Frat Boys. For those monsters which have the same name, like the mimic, can you let me know the first factoid?

charred

Note: Other frequent problems were use of "The" and "A"/"An" or special characters in the name. For monsters that have the same name, the script also checks the first factoid, like for the Orcish Frat Boys. For those monsters which have the same name, like the mimic, can you let me know the first factoid?

first factoids
mimic bottom 2 rows: Mimic eggs greatly resemble gold coins. When newly-hatched, the larva are flat and leathery, and look like lost wallets.
mimic middle 2 rows: The least pleasant part of being a barrel-mimicing mimic is when someone fills you full of wine.
mimic top 2 rows: The only thing a mimic can't mimic is another mimic mimicking a mime!

mimic in dungeon of doom: A mimic in its natural form kind of looks like an upside-down squirrel with tentacles.

I've checked all the monsters you supplied and I don't have the following, so I can't clarify the exact capitalisation for the following monsters:
manuel capitalization:

angry bugbear
annoying spooky gravy fairy
bugged bugbear
mad bugbears
revolting bugbear
revolving bugbear
Knob Goblin poseur
roller-skating Muse
Tiger-lily
usher
master of ceremonies
Cobb's Knob oven
Frat Warrior drill sergeant
one-eyed Gnoll
mimic (all 4 mimics are lowercase)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'll assume that charred answered all of them so that I don't need to look up any.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
It seems as though the Bear Arms are not being detected for some reason....

Pretty certain that's because it detects Box of Bear Arms rather than Right Bear Arm or Left Bear Arm, and you've not got it boxed.

Also see the tourguide / 100% runs not being detected issue. May be related to the GCLI error message I see "Server returned response code 404 for http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/maps/snapshot_bannedpaths.php"

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Looking at the data file, Boris's Helm (askew) is listed by its item number (5650) instead of its name. Bear arms are marked as a familiar, preventing the check for individual arms from working.

bumcheekcity

Pretty certain that's because it detects Box of Bear Arms rather than Right Bear Arm or Left Bear Arm, and you've not got it boxed.

Also see the tourguide / 100% runs not being detected issue. May be related to the GCLI error message I see "Server returned response code 404 for http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/maps/snapshot_bannedpaths.php"

Should be fixed. I've basically copied the .txt file over to .php as well.

bumcheekcity

Looking at the data file, Boris's Helm (askew) is listed by its item number (5650) instead of its name. Bear arms are marked as a familiar, preventing the check for individual arms from working.

Thanks for pointing that out. Should be fixed now. I use "o" for foldable, and "f" for familiar. Makes sense to me now...

Soluzar

Well, it's detecting my Bear Arms now. The site looks great. Thanks so much for bringing back the missing sections. Not to mention adding the latest Mr. Items and all.

If we find monsters under the none section that really should be under a certain zone instead of under nothing, should I report those here or is that a kolmafia data issue?

slyz

Developer
It could be a Mafia data issue, unless BCC used another source for this classification. Which monster/zone was you thinking of?

Just looking at the first few, I see these that could be in their zones:

ancient temple guardian
Semi rare fights
Baron Von Ratsworth
War heros
Hobopolis bosses

There are a lot more that just those.

bumcheekcity

Tourguide thing I will take a look at once I've sorted the manuel issue. It'll need a new release of the script, I'm certain.

Basically I'm going through the manuel and doing that for the moment. Formatting, fixing, etc.

Mousse9

My account "Mumu9" just used the snapshot. Everything went alright, but when I used the link to view it, it said "incorrect password". For the life of me, I cannot remember the password, so I sent a kmail to bumcheekcity to reset it to the standard reset password. There was no change at all. I don't know what to do anymore. Help?

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, as a first suggestion... don't post your password in a public forum. Even the temporary password you want it set to for a short period. If you want him to see it, here, send him a private message.

The rest of us can't do anything with your memory-fail. Except for rearrange your snapshot if we feel mischievous and get in between when he resets the password and when you change it.