bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Using a pumpkin bomb on a faxed giant butt on day 1 was fun. That most likely saved me a lot of turns (3.75 levels in 2 turns since I got my cracker on turn 1).

picklish

Here are some fixes that I've been using:

Using the unaccompanied miner option results in an infinite loop:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/6ec6cd18b7d4fbccec1b4337852eca3fbd26c34b

Find the Oracle automatically:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/266dc9c3671998c29969f6d6316d62b3122f3029

Burn off teleportitis turns:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/2b079da611ff99079de902bbc6adbec204ee43b4
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/7f4f2f00459d699135e0b93ac75dd31879ca3ac1

Also, while adventuring in the dungeons of doom, I suspect you should check for < 5000 meat and abort. My mp restore value was way high and it spent a fortune on getting 50 mp, and then I couldn't get the wand.

tragus

A feature request: If a tower fight needs powdered organs, automatically check for canopic jars and use them if they are in inventory.

Easy enough to do by hand, but nice to further automate the process. As a side note, would it be worth adding semi-auto zaps for other tower-required items?

Theraze

Similar, you could check for black picnic baskets and use them if in inventory if you need black pepper...

StDoodle

Minion
Similar, you could check for black picnic baskets and use them if in inventory if you need black pepper...

As long as you make sure to save that for the last day! (I'm not sure if any checking is done earlier, but you want to use all of your baskets the same day.)

Theraze

Well, I'd think that the canopic usage would likely be when you're at the base of the tower, or just before the level where it gets used... BPB should probably get used around the same time, when you're just before the level when it would be needed.

bumcheekcity

Here are some fixes that I've been using:

Using the unaccompanied miner option results in an infinite loop:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/6ec6cd18b7d4fbccec1b4337852eca3fbd26c34b

Find the Oracle automatically:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/266dc9c3671998c29969f6d6316d62b3122f3029

Burn off teleportitis turns:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/2b079da611ff99079de902bbc6adbec204ee43b4
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/7f4f2f00459d699135e0b93ac75dd31879ca3ac1

Also, while adventuring in the dungeons of doom, I suspect you should check for < 5000 meat and abort. My mp restore value was way high and it spent a fortune on getting 50 mp, and then I couldn't get the wand.

I'll integrate all of these and raise the DoD limit a bit, then spin the next version.

I'll add telescope checking to the NEXT next version.

I've been running the most up to date version throughout this run, and now I am running 0.13.

It thinks that the crypt is done,
"BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt]."

But in reality it isn't. Does this script not fight the bonerdagon? Sorry if this is the case and I am ignorant.

Another issue: The script exhibits weirdness with the dungeon of doom potions at the 3 gates. I didn't have the necessary potions, it went to the hole in the sky to test out potions (but this didn't do anything since I didn't have potions) and just stayed there. I had to abort and manually farm some potions from the DoD.

Last edited:

NardoLoopa

V13
Code:
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: Drinking steel-scented air freshener
Using 1 steel-scented air freshener...
You learned a new skill: Spleen of Steel
Finished using 1 steel-scented air freshener.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
Spleen: 5 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0
Total Spleen: 5
Putting Lisa Ruddy the Slimeling back into terrarium...
Taking Sark the Rogue Program out of terrarium...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: steel-scented air freshener
steel-scented air freshener
BCC: Getting the steel-scented air freshener!

It then proceeds to hit the Friar's.

Also would be nice if you're Post-Friar but pre-spleen/liver if the script waited until you were done with your rollover turns before using the spleen items, since you might have the ss-spleen at that time. Otherwise you can't consume it until the following day (I realize this is fringe for people).

Ferdawoon

Same problem as someone mentioned before with the Hole in the sky.
it spent a whole lot of turns in the HitS (I am now close to lvl12) and after I stopped it and told Mafia to do an adventure manually, it created all the items and I had 40 lines, 39 stars and 5 star charts to spare.

Ferdawoon

The script have gone stuck in a loop, where it do not have access to the Knob Gob Lab since the script have not killed the Goblin King. The flag for Knobking is set as completed though.

lightwolf

Why dose the script always try to get the Air-Freshener from the bat entryway instead of checking to see if you have elemental sauce sphere? It's willing to set/assume you have other buffs such as +/- combats or +moxie in other parts of the script.

Also dose it not attempt to use chewing gum on strings at the start to get a accordion (as a DB class) to make sure you can cast some of those buffs as well?

Ferdawoon

Also dose it not attempt to use chewing gum on strings at the start to get a accordion (as a DB class) to make sure you can cast some of those buffs as well?
Not sure how it try to get the accordions but when I play as DB the script make the rank that require both Big Rock and the item from the Hermit (that is the Epic weapon? Can never remember the right name)

Winterbay

Yesterday the script went through the pirates and I thought it was a bit short but it said that it had done everything. Today during the level 11 quest it got stuck because it didn't have the pirate fledges. Looking through the log this is the part where it fought:

Code:
 > BCC: Getting the Pirate Fledges, finally!
 > BCC: Need moar combat! WAAARGH!
 > BCC: Need items!

cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
You acquire an effect: Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Disco Aerobics
You acquire an effect: Disco State of Mind (duration: 5 Adventures)

cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Leash of Linguini
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Musk of the Moose
You acquire an effect: Musk of the Moose (duration: 10 Adventures)
 > BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
 > BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

gnomes.php?action=changedial&whichlevel=10
 > You don't have any spooky putty monsters.

[604] F'c'le
Encounter: cleanly pirate
Round 0: winterbay loses initiative!
 > Swabbie™ swab (20.0 @ +91.98529): 200.0 meat * 38.397057% = 76.79411
 > Tom's of the Spanish Main Toothpaste (20.0 @ +91.98529): 55.0 meat * 38.397057% = 21.118382
 > Monster value: 238.29
 > Profit per round: 0
 > Bonus damage to DB skills: 0
 > You are able to cast 0 possible disco combos.
Round 1: winterbay casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
 > Checking for unidentified potions...
 > This monster is not your huckleberry.
Round 2: winterbay executes a macro!
Round 2: winterbay attacks!
Round 3: cleanly pirate takes 24 damage.
Round 3: winterbay attacks!
Round 4: cleanly pirate takes 31 damage.
Round 4: winterbay attacks!
Round 5: cleanly pirate takes 20 damage.
You lose 9 hit points
Round 5: winterbay attacks!
Round 6: cleanly pirate takes 29 damage.
Your familiar gains a pound: Arog, the 12 lb. Coffee Pixie
After Battle: Arog flits around like a hummingbird on crack, helping you pick stuff up.
You gain 138 Meat
You acquire an item: rigging shampoo
You acquire an item: Swabbie™ swab
You gain 10 Fortitude
You gain 5 Wizardliness
You gain 14 Roguishness
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 7 of 73 HP, 91 of 151 MP, current meat: 3324 ... Target HP = 73.

Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You gain 66 hit points

[605] F'c'le
Encounter: cleanly pirate
Round 0: winterbay wins initiative!
 > Swabbie™ swab (20.0 @ +93.78506): 200.0 meat * 38.75701% = 77.51402
 > Tom's of the Spanish Main Toothpaste (20.0 @ +93.78506): 55.0 meat * 38.75701% = 21.316357
 > Monster value: 241.37
Round 1: winterbay tries to steal an item!
Round 2: winterbay casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
 > Checking for unidentified potions...
Round 3: winterbay executes a macro!
Round 3: winterbay attacks!
Round 4: cleanly pirate takes 29 damage.
Round 4: winterbay attacks!
Round 5: cleanly pirate takes 20 damage.
Round 5: winterbay attacks!
Round 6: cleanly pirate takes 22 damage.
Round 6: winterbay attacks!
Round 7: cleanly pirate takes 24 damage.
Round 7: winterbay attacks!
Round 8: cleanly pirate takes 24 damage.
After Battle: Arog flits around like a hummingbird on crack, helping you pick stuff up.
You gain 140 Meat
You gain 5 Fortitude
You gain 6 Mysteriousness
You gain 17 Roguishness
You gain a Moxie point!

[606] F'c'le
Encounter: The Chamber Music of the Sea
You gain 50 Wizardliness

[607] F'c'le
Encounter: clingy pirate
Round 0: winterbay loses initiative!
 > bit of clingfilm (11.0 @ +93.78506): 60.0 meat * 21.316357% = 12.789814
 > Monster value: 167.21
Round 1: winterbay casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: winterbay uses the cocktail napkin!
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges] and need to set it as so.
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 68 base Moxie
 > Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=1
 > Checking for familiar 'coffee pixie' where x=2
 > I need 68 base moxie
 > BCC: Attempting to get clovers to level with.
 > BCC: Getting Clovers

So it appears to have thought that after the fight with the clingy pirate ended after the use of the napkin it suddenly had the fledges while in fact it didn't.
Using 0.13.

Can you have it check for majorly poisoned after doing the unhydrated beach and remove it?

The script stopped on me after doing the desert because it couldn't adventure in the hidden temple with 1 moxie...but uneffecting majorly poisoned fixed that.

Ferdawoon

Can you have it check for majorly poisoned after doing the unhydrated beach and remove it?

The script stopped on me after doing the desert because it couldn't adventure in the hidden temple with 1 moxie...but uneffecting majorly poisoned fixed that.
There is a setting in mafia for that.
On the right upper half in the Adventure tab, there is the Action, Special and Goals.
Rightclick in the Special field and set "Minimum poison level for antidote use" to whatever you like.

slyz

Developer
That will only use antidotes during combat. To remove it outside of combat, you can check Preferences -> Remove malignant buffs (or something close, I don't remember the wording exactly), or use Bale's awesome Universal Recovery script.

Ferdawoon

Is there a reason that the script don't buy and install one of those pro-oven and cocktailcrafting kits in your kitchen when you reach a level where you can cook DB drinks and reagent + dry noodle food?
If not, please add so that the script get those =)

Also, when a scent drop off in the Orchard during the War, the script dont register it but rather abort as it try to adventure in a zone it no longer have access to.
Also also, I just got that infinite "Ran out of adventures." CLI output loop, and I was too slow to stop it in time before it flooded the CLI, but the session log say nothing special. Only thing that I could find worth mentioning is that it is during a grind in the Battlefield. Maybe it is the lvl12-quest script that somehow cause a conflict?

That will only use antidotes during combat. To remove it outside of combat, you can check Preferences -> Remove malignant buffs (or something close, I don't remember the wording exactly), or use Bale's awesome Universal Recovery script.
Ahhh yeh I thought there was another setting somewhere but that was the first that came to my mind.

Last edited:

tgetgel

Great script. I am going to use this again. I do have two feature requests though.

1) Trophy check. Before breaking the prism, do a check to see if there are any trophies available that must be purchased before breaking the prism. There are a few that become unavailable if the prism has been broken. If they are available, abort with a message that those trophies are available. If those specific ones are not available, continue as normal (break the prism). Alternatively, a Yes/No prompt could ask if you wanted to buy those trophies.

2) Hobo glyphs. Before adventuring in a certain area (no need to go off path) where hobo glyphs are transiently available (the glyph is no longer available if you ...), check to see if a hobo binder exists, and if the glyph for that area has been collected. If so, continue as normal. If not, equip the hobo binder until the glyph has been collected. I missed the glyph on the road to the white castle this way and can only collect one glyph this ascension. I now have 12.

Thanks for the script!

Last edited: