bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

The script want to go to the 8-bit realm, but the problem is that I have no 1-handed ranged weapon, so the script want to go there unarmed, making me hit the cap of rounds per mob.
Force a purchase from the Armory for a 1-hand ranged weapon if I dont have one to go with my transfunctioner?

picklish

Is there a way to get the script to stop leaving you with say, 10 adventures left if you don't have boxen? Otherwise if I don't pay close attention and abort it, it can run me out of adventures and leave you with nothing to craft a decent drink or food item.

You can add an in between battle script that aborts when you have fewer than 10 adventures left.

bumcheekcity

I wish there was a way to 'lock' equipment. The script keeps yanking my Legion Knife and sometimes my Juju mask away.

If you were in Hardcore, this wouldn't be a problem :p No, seriously, there's a reason this script is hardcore-only. There is absolutely no way to account for the many pieces of softcore equipment. I mean, it'll WORK for softcore, but it's going to use +moxie gear.

The script want to go to the 8-bit realm, but the problem is that I have no 1-handed ranged weapon, so the script want to go there unarmed, making me hit the cap of rounds per mob.
Force a purchase from the Armory for a 1-hand ranged weapon if I dont have one to go with my transfunctioner?

Agreed. Added in 0.14. I'm going to make a quick once-over of it and release that today after work.

slyz

Developer
It might be cheaper in the long run to use chewing gums until you get a stolen accordeon or a disco ball.

slyz

Developer
I never realized the accordion is 2-handed! I knew the RnR Legend is, though. I also never manage to spell it right (it's accordéon in french).

Winterbay

Does it really? Wouldn't you still have to move it to actually get the air to move over the sound elements? Isn't that sort of the definition of an accordion?

relyk

Script reads hidden city as complete even though it only opened the city, so it breaks at pyramid. Don't know how that happened :/

Theraze

Which can be braced against your side... Or held firm by the straps on your back... Nothing says the other hand has to be in contact with the accordion, if you're using the buttons.

bumcheekcity

Version 0.14 released. Contains various bugfixes, better level 13 automation, though not fully there. A fix for HitS, a new mood and other stuff.

bumcheekcity

Oops, thanks for pointing that out! I've re-uploaded 0.14. The part of me that thinks of himself as a proper programmer wants to punch the part of me that says this is just a stick game in the head for re-releasing over a version number :D

I just noticed tonight (v.14) that the script is using a baby gravy fairy when I have a green pixie instead.

Also, can you add "get llama gongs" support in the spleen section? Bale has a great consult script, FeatherExpress.ash for actually getting feathers, and mafia has nice built in roach support. It's just a matter of deciding when, where, which. Yeah, possibly not in the scope of this script. But putting it out there.

Also, can I ask how you are doing on muscle class runs?

Winterbay

In order to get the familiars you want it is easiest to edit the familiar-datafiles and add make sure they are in the order you want them.

bumcheekcity

I just noticed tonight (v.14) that the script is using a baby gravy fairy when I have a green pixie instead.

Also, can you add "get llama gongs" support in the spleen section? Bale has a great consult script, FeatherExpress.ash for actually getting feathers, and mafia has nice built in roach support. It's just a matter of deciding when, where, which. Yeah, possibly not in the scope of this script. But putting it out there.

Also, can I ask how you are doing on muscle class runs?

One day, i'll change the familiar lists. The script wont automatically use absinthe to level regardless of if you have them. Also gongs are way too complicated im afraid.

Muscle class runs are pretty much planned. Toss for the start, then guaranteed shield then play like a moxie class probably.

Winterbay

Since the script no longer relies on you havign the lvl 11 and 12 scripts form zarqon you could probably remove that note from the first post I guess. It shall be inetersting to try out this new version in todays adventures.

HippoKing

Gongs aren't really that complicated to use very simply. Just cli_execute("gong roach items") if you've got one just before you go into places like the f'c'le and orchard.

Winterbay

An interesting thing happened with 0.14 today while the script was farming for ore. It was to find 3 chrome ore, but after first finding 3 asbestos and 1 chrome it decided to reset the mine and give it another try leading to me having 5 asbestos, 1 linoleum and 3 chrome (which it dutifully truned in) when it was finished. Wouldn't it be more efficient to actually try and find the other 2 chrome in the old mine than to start over in a new one?

CLI output copied for completeness:
Code:
BCC: We have not completed the stage [mining].
Mining     upwards: 6, 6.

[413] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You     acquire meat stack (3)
Mining upwards: 6, 5.

[414]     Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four     rows: 6, 4.

[415] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You     acquire an item: stone of eXtreme power
Mining top     four rows: 6, 3.

[416] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You     acquire an item: asbestos ore
Mining top four     rows: 6, 2.

[417] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four     rows: 5, 2.

[418] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four     rows: 4, 2.

[419] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You     acquire an item: chrome ore
BCC: Resetting mine!

[420]     Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining upwards:     3, 6.

[420] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire     meat stack (3)
Mining upwards: 3, 5.

[421]     Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You lose 66 hit points
You've     had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Visiting     Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
You     gain 59 hit points
Mining top four rows: 3, 4.

[422]     Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: linoleum ore
Mining     top four rows: 3, 3.

[423] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You     lose 46 hit points
Mining top four rows: 3, 2.

[424]     Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: asbestos ore
Mining     top four rows: 4, 2.

[425] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four     rows: 2, 2.

[426] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining around found     ore: 2, 1.

[427] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: chrome crossbow
BCC:     We have completed the stage [mining] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_mining     => 61
BCC: We have completed the stage [mining].