bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Also ran into the endless out of adventure thing today while in the battlefield. No idea why and I was at a meeting at the time so no way of scrolling back... :)

Feature request: After the DoD when you've successfully acquired the wand, use all small and large boxes so that the potions can be identified before the gates to the NS tower.

My quick-fix for this atm is to make the check at the end of bcascWand() be:
Code:
	if (i_a("dead mimic") > 0)
	{
		cli_execute("use dead mimic");
		cli_execute("use * large box");
		cli_execute("use * small box");
	}

That can probably be done better (by use of use() for example).

bumcheekcity

Here are some fixes that I've been using:

Using the unaccompanied miner option results in an infinite loop:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/6ec6cd18b7d4fbccec1b4337852eca3fbd26c34b

Find the Oracle automatically:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/266dc9c3671998c29969f6d6316d62b3122f3029

Burn off teleportitis turns:
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/2b079da611ff99079de902bbc6adbec204ee43b4
https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/7f4f2f00459d699135e0b93ac75dd31879ca3ac1

Also, while adventuring in the dungeons of doom, I suspect you should check for < 5000 meat and abort. My mp restore value was way high and it spent a fortune on getting 50 mp, and then I couldn't get the wand.

I've implemented these changes. Thanks for them :D

A feature request: If a tower fight needs powdered organs, automatically check for canopic jars and use them if they are in inventory.

Easy enough to do by hand, but nice to further automate the process. As a side note, would it be worth adding semi-auto zaps for other tower-required items?

The script uses both canopic jars and black picnic baskets before the tower in 0.14.

V13
Code:
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: Drinking steel-scented air freshener
Using 1 steel-scented air freshener...
You learned a new skill: Spleen of Steel
Finished using 1 steel-scented air freshener.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
Spleen: 5 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0
Total Spleen: 5
Putting Lisa Ruddy the Slimeling back into terrarium...
Taking Sark the Rogue Program out of terrarium...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: steel-scented air freshener
steel-scented air freshener
BCC: Getting the steel-scented air freshener!

It then proceeds to hit the Friar's.

Also would be nice if you're Post-Friar but pre-spleen/liver if the script waited until you were done with your rollover turns before using the spleen items, since you might have the ss-spleen at that time. Otherwise you can't consume it until the following day (I realize this is fringe for people).

I should have fixed this Friars thing. Unfortunately, the script will continue to use spleen items as familiars are switched. The logic is too much to wait.

Same problem as someone mentioned before with the Hole in the sky.
it spent a whole lot of turns in the HitS (I am now close to lvl12) and after I stopped it and told Mafia to do an adventure manually, it created all the items and I had 40 lines, 39 stars and 5 star charts to spare.

I think I've got this this time in 0.14.

The script have gone stuck in a loop, where it do not have access to the Knob Gob Lab since the script have not killed the Goblin King. The flag for Knobking is set as completed though.

You don't have to have killed the King. You have to have the key. Can I have CLI output?

Yesterday the script went through the pirates and I thought it was a bit short but it said that it had done everything. Today during the level 11 quest it got stuck because it didn't have the pirate fledges. Looking through the log this is the part where it fought:

So it appears to have thought that after the fight with the clingy pirate ended after the use of the napkin it suddenly had the fledges while in fact it didn't.
Using 0.13.

Fixed in 0.14.

Great script. I am going to use this again. I do have two feature requests though.

1) Trophy check. Before breaking the prism, do a check to see if there are any trophies available that must be purchased before breaking the prism. There are a few that become unavailable if the prism has been broken. If they are available, abort with a message that those trophies are available. If those specific ones are not available, continue as normal (break the prism). Alternatively, a Yes/No prompt could ask if you wanted to buy those trophies.

2) Hobo glyphs. Before adventuring in a certain area (no need to go off path) where hobo glyphs are transiently available (the glyph is no longer available if you ...), check to see if a hobo binder exists, and if the glyph for that area has been collected. If so, continue as normal. If not, equip the hobo binder until the glyph has been collected. I missed the glyph on the road to the white castle this way and can only collect one glyph this ascension. I now have 12.

Thanks for the script!

1) Yes. I'll do a check for that.
2) A fine request, but I'm afraid I'm going to turn it down, it's too much beyond the scope of the script.

Also ran into the endless out of adventure thing today while in the battlefield. No idea why and I was at a meeting at the time so no way of scrolling back... :)

Feature request: After the DoD when you've successfully acquired the wand, use all small and large boxes so that the potions can be identified before the gates to the NS tower.

My quick-fix for this atm is to make the check at the end of bcascWand() be:
Code:
	if (i_a("dead mimic") > 0)
	{
		cli_execute("use dead mimic");
		cli_execute("use * large box");
		cli_execute("use * small box");
	}

That can probably be done better (by use of use() for example).

Added in 0.14.

Ferdawoon

You don't have to have killed the King. You have to have the key. Can I have CLI output?
Ahh yeh that is me thinking a few steps ahead of what I'm typing. I'm thinking that if King = dead, player is sure to have the key as it is a guaranteed drop.

Not sure if you still need the CLI output as, yeh, that was me thinking something else than what I wrote, but here it is:
Code:
[1065] Palindome
Encounter: Racecar Bob
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
 > BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
 > BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 2: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 3: ferdawoon attacks!
Your familiar gains a pound: Bee-Holder, the 3 lb. He-Boulder
You gain 260 Meat
You gain 8 Beefiness
You gain 11 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 20 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!

[1066] Palindome
Encounter: Drawn Onward

palinshelves.php?action=placeitems&whichitem1=2259&whichitem2=2260&whichitem3=493&whichitem4=2261
You lose 123 hit points
You acquire an item: "I Love Me, Vol. I"

cast 1 Tongue of the Walrus
You gain 33 hit points

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 114 hit points
mcd 0
 > BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use

familiar Frumious Bandersnatch (18 lbs)
 > BCC: Meeting Mr. Alarm
 > BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!

equip acc3 enormous hoop earring
 > BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
 > BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 10
mcd 0
mcd 10
mcd 0
mcd 10
mcd 0
and then a lot of those blocks, setting MCD, setting familiar and rying to visit Alarm. I then aborted and ran Rinn's level 5 quest script (I believe it is Rinn who made them at least) to wtfpwn the goblin King, which gave me the Lab key, and starting the script again, it had no problem with Alarm. Since the script flag was set as me having completed the King, but with him still up, the script must have thought that since the boss is down, and the key is a guaranteed drop from the boss, then I must have the key.

picklish

Fix: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/e71dc42b70fec217c10d1d775ec2a2223a1af0ac

I think it might be useful if you added a function that all adventuring (whether via cli_execute, adventure, or visit_url) went through. That one function could check for being out of adventures (thus solving it everywhere).

On that same note, is there any way for a between battle script to know where the next adventure is going to be? For example, if I want to be smart about olfacting, I may want to make sure that I have enough MP before adventuring in certain areas. If there's not a way, maybe that proposed adventuring function could set a property for where the next adventure is, so that it could be smarter about what it does.

Last edited:

Theraze

Regarding next location, the function my_location() should return where you're going to adventure next... zarqon's BBB uses that to decide whether or not to eat another cookie in the cookiecheck function.

Ferdawoon

When using the Skeleton key in the Lair, the script is doing it Cloverless, instead of using that last clover that it is saving for something.

Also, same this time. When trying to figure out what the Bang potions do, it grind the Hole in the Sky, which is just fine. It do not stop when it have tested all the potions I have thoughm if it fail to find the one it need.
Code:
[1365] Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Trouser Snake
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
 > BCC: We've identified bubbly potion already.
 > BCC: We've identified dark potion already.
 > BCC: We've identified fizzy potion already.
 > BCC: We've identified milky potion already.
 > BCC: We've identified smoky potion already.
 > BCC: We've identified all the bang potions we have to hand.
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 2: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 3: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 4: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 5: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 6: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You acquire an item: line
You acquire an item: line
You gain 6 Strongness
You gain 12 Mysteriousness
You gain 26 Sarcasm

If it have identified all the potions I have, but not found the one it need, go down to Dungeon of Doom and work on finding some boxes instead.

NardoLoopa

After dropping HCO for the silly SSPD tattoo I ascended and I'm trying again. This is with V0.13.

I logged out of Mafia, then back in to make sure there was no residual data. Then I started Day 1. After selling gems to get a radio I execute the script:

Code:
You gain 2,500 Meat
 > ******************
 > Ascending Starting
 > ******************
 > Level 1 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [knob].

buy 1 detuned radio at market price from Degrassi Knoll General Store
You acquire an item: detuned radio
You spent 300 Meat
mcd 0
 > Spleen: 0 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0
 > Total Spleen: 0

familiar Rogue Program (6 lbs)
 > BCC: Let's get the Encryption Key

equip hat mariachi hat

equip weapon stolen accordion

equip pants old sweatpants
> Need to Level up a bit to get 6 Moxie
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 6 buffed Moxie. This means getting 2 Moxie.

[1] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: Sub-Assistant Knob Mad Scientist
Round 0: NardoLoopa wins initiative!
 > Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. : 21)...
 > You have a current version of ZLib.
 > Checking for updates (running First Things First ver. 4.0)...
 > You have a current version of First Things First.
 > Checking for updates (running SmartStasis ver. 2.6)...
 > You have a current version of SmartStasis.
Round 1: NardoLoopa tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: strongness elixir
Round 2: Sark de-rezzes him for 6 damage, then offers you a drink out of his identity disc.  It's a little too intimate for your comfort, but it's still refreshing.
Round 2: sub-assistant knob mad scientist takes 6 damage.
You gain 6 Mojo Points
You gain 7 Meat
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin firecracker
You gain 1 Strengthliness

[2] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: Knob Goblin Assistant Chef
Round 1: NardoLoopa casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: Sark bounces his disc off of him for 8 damage, and it ricochets into you, giving you quite a shock.
Round 2: knob goblin assistant chef takes 8 damage.
You gain 8 Mojo Points
You gain 11 Meat
After Battle: Sark says "Please accept this token of my devotion to my user," and hands you an actual, literal token.  Now that you think of it, you actually are kind of using him.  Is this really a healthy relationship?
You acquire an item: Game Grid token
You gain 1 Cheek
. . . <some time later> . . .
Code:
[40] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: Knob Goblin Barbecue Team
Round 1: NardoLoopa tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: Colon Annihilation Hot Sauce
Round 2: Sark bounces his disc off of it for 14 damage, and it ricochets into you, giving you quite a shock.
Round 2: knob goblin barbecue team takes 14 damage.
You gain 14 Mojo Points
You gain 13 Meat
You acquire an item: bowl of cottage cheese
You gain 1 Beefiness
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knob] and need to set it as so.
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [pantry].

Now, the crazy thing is that this went on for 40 adventures. 40 turns of the Outskirts and I still didn't meet my goals (2Moxie) or even change familiars to something other than the spleener to get more stats. End of day results:

Code:
> status

Name: NardoLoopa
Class: Accordion Thief

Lv: 1
HP: 16 / 26
MP: 18 / 18

Mus: 3, tnp = 1
Mys: 4, tnp = 9
Mox: 5 (4), tnp = 5

Advs: 0
Meat: 2,598
Drunk: 0

> equipment

Hat: mariachi hat
Weapon: stolen accordion
Off-hand: (none)
Shirt: (none)
Pants: old sweatpants

Acc. 1: (none)
Acc. 2: (none)
Acc. 3: (none)

Pet: Rogue Program (11 lbs)
Item: (none)

Totally weird.

NardoLoopa

So basically just some bad RNG?

Yeah, horribly bad. Though I'd have expected to change to the Bander after getting 3 spleen items.

Unrelated: it would be really nice if when you have a spleen of steel you automagically go for more spleen drops.

Unrelated 2: and "maximize adventures" might be useful at the end of the the script. At worse you just re-equip moxie gear if it's not really your end of day.

Unrelated 3: I usually have bundles of MP left over. Adding "leash" to the mood would be nice. I've added it via Mafia but sometimes the script seems to delete it.

bumcheekcity

No, it only changes on switch of location. I can't do an OR check on goals.

I'll have it go for more spleen if you have SoS.

The script can't tell when it ends, because it's usually an abort-style command.

The script adds leash when you're going for items and have KGE outfit, or are above level 9. It overwrites your mood pretty much all the time, though v0.14 will make a separate one.

0.13 adds support for spanglerack as a replacement of hound dog, but I still see the script using the slimeling for the pirate's cove. The spanglerack doesn't change the combat rate, so shouldn't it use the spanglerack there as well?

bumcheekcity

You might need to clover for gum to get inside the Sorceress's Entryway. Once you've gotten past the gates, you don't need gum, and if you have a spare clover, you may as well use it against the skeleton, eh?

That's a good point, though it's still possible to require a tower item. I'm going to add telescope checking to 0.15 and see if this can't be sorted there.

Oh, and the spanglerack will be used for items at the pirates cove. Thanks for letting me know, shademaster :D

LeJackal

I wish there was a way to 'lock' equipment. The script keeps yanking my Legion Knife and sometimes my Juju mask away.

Is there a way to get the script to stop leaving you with say, 10 adventures left if you don't have boxen? Otherwise if I don't pay close attention and abort it, it can run me out of adventures and leave you with nothing to craft a decent drink or food item.

I guess I really only have this issue early, but what if you're waiting to eat/drink until you get some more drops of booze or parts to cook food?

Theraze

Pay close attention and press escape when you have 10 adventures left? Alternatively, you could plan on using Inigo, or making yourself boxen... All valid options.