autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Winterbay

Thanks for the script, bro!

I have 1 thing to report.

1) I just updates to the latest build and script and now I get the following error Expected ;, found ) (autoBasement.ash, line 684)

2) Also, previously, it wouldn't let me start because I'm already level 30. Is this still an issue and if so, how can I fix it?

Thanks again!

Infarct

Number 1 should be fixed now. Sorry about that. Number 2 can be solved by changing the correct zlib-setting, see post number two in this thread for instructions on how to do that.

Winterbay

You should be able to find the answer to that in the second post as well. Most things are available as zlib-settings. In this case autoBasement_combat_equipment (or at least I assume you mean in combat).

I am running the script and now getting this error even with verbosity at 10:

Basement level 49: HP Test
Maximizing...
2436 combinations checked, best score 2,495.05
Unknown effect: none

jolson42

Yeah, I'm getting that as well.

autoBasement.ash output said:
Basement level 303: HP Test
Taking off lawn dart...
Equipment changed.
Taking off lawn dart...
Equipment changed.
Putting on outfit: Gauntlet
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
21881 combinations checked, best score 26,287.07
60387 combinations checked, best score 26,287.07
60996 combinations checked, best score 26,287.07
Unknown effect: none

Anything I can do to get more useful information?

Last edited:

jolson42

Hmm. I did some grinding in the ballroom to burn off extra turns, and now it's not doing it any more.
I'll let you know if it happens again, with that extra info.

Cool12309

Could we maybe blacklist Slicked-Back Do? It keeps using hair oil thinking it'll give 2 prismatic resist, goes to do the resist tests, fails, and aborts.

Razorsoup

Getting the following message:
The script was unable to acquire the necessary elemental form. You may need to acquire some phials yourself or raise your autoBuyPriceLimit. Attempting to pass test by HP buffing
Thing is, I have five of each of the phials (coldness, hotness, sleaziness, spookiness, stench). So, why wouldn't they be getting used by autoBasement? My current autoBasement settings are as follows:
> zlib autoBasement

Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:

zlib autoBasement_break_on_combat = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_element = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_floor = 500
zlib autoBasement_break_on_hp = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_level = 100
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mox = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mp = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount = 5000
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mus = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mys = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_reward = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_stat = false
zlib autoBasement_combat_equipment = navel ring of navel gazing
zlib autoBasement_combat_maximizer_string = 1.0 muscle, 0.5 mysticality, 2.0 moxie, -equip hand in glove, -melee
zlib autoBasement_combat_stat = Moxie
zlib autoBasement_drink_to_buff = false
zlib autoBasement_eat_to_buff = false
zlib autoBasement_get_familiar_drops = true
zlib autoBasement_hop_on_up = false
zlib autoBasement_max_potion_price = 20000
zlib autoBasement_simulate_first = false
zlib autoBasement_spleen_to_buff = false
zlib autoBasement_use_absolute_potions = false
zlib autoBasement_use_Disembodied_Hand = true
zlib autoBasement_use_dr_lucifer = false
zlib autoBasement_use_dr_lucifer_amount = 1000
zlib autoBasement_use_percentage_potions = true
(If no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type "zlib vars" to see all.)

Winterbay

I'm guessing this is a side effect of people complaining that the script used expensive phials so it will not try to do so as much. I've not looked at it for quite some time so I may be wrong...

Razorsoup

I'm guessing this is a side effect of people complaining that the script used expensive phials so it will not try to do so as much. I've not looked at it for quite some time so I may be wrong...

Okay. The message is a little misleading. It reads as though acquiring the phials myself would allow autobasement to use them but it seems to not matter if I have any on hand or not.

jolson42

I've been trying to search this thread for an answer, but it's so huge...
Is there a way to force autobasement to recache outfits? I was having trouble with trying to equip things I already had equipped, and trying to wear a scratch n sniff sword when I had the crossbow, and other stuff like that. I got fed up, deleted all my custom outfits, and did a couple of refreshes and reboots, but now I keep getting
Basement level 443: Moxie Test
Passed outfit (Moxie) contains fewer than 3 items. Please recheck your inventory.
Halp!

Winterbay

It should recreate the outfits if they do not exist, and also will recache the outfits everytime the script is run. That error should only happen if a saved outfit that it tries to put on has too few items in it.

jolson42

I agree, it should. And yet...
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> outfit Moxie[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]No outfit found matching: Moxie[/COLOR]

[COLOR=olive]> autobasement *[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Basement level 443: Moxie Test[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Passed outfit (Moxie) contains fewer than 3 items. Please recheck your inventory.[/COLOR]

Edit: I'm going to try deleting and reinstalling.
Edit 2: No dice.

Last edited:

Theraze

If nothing else, try completely closing mafia and re-opening it. Sometimes the state of specific bits gets stuck and it believes that stuff is there that doesn't really exist.

jolson42

Like I said, I did a couple of refreshes and reboots.
I've just woken up, turned on my computer, started up mafia, and got the same error.
However, I did try making another outfit called Moxie. Now I'm getting:
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> autobasement *[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Basement level 443: Moxie Test[/COLOR]
Maximizing...
44551 combinations checked, best score 4,810.00
Taking off scratch 'n' sniff crossbow...
Equipment changed.
Holding scratch 'n' sniff crossbow...
[COLOR=red]Why bother putting a weapon into your offhand if you don't have anything in your on-hand? "On-hand?" Whatever.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]unable to buff Moxie to 5476, quitting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 156 adventures. If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value.[/COLOR]

Edit: I ran the maximizer on the "moxie, -familiar, -tie" string autobasement gave it, ad set the result as my Moxie custom outfit. That seems to have finally done the job.
Now I just need to do that with everything else as it comes up. :-|

Last edited: