autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

digitrev

How difficult would it be to get this to manage your Pasta Thralls as a PM? The Penne Dreadful and the Elbow Macaroni work as partial equalizers, so it might be worth swapping between the two as needed.

Theraze

The scripts only outputs my MP regen settings for me and doesn't run.
Code:
mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => -0.05
mpAutoRecovery => 0.0
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.05

Regarding that, you've probably somehow set your zlib verbosity to 0. Set that back to 3 and see what it actually says. Your MP or level might be too high to run without changing the settings.

How difficult would it be to get this to manage your Pasta Thralls as a PM? The Penne Dreadful and the Elbow Macaroni work as partial equalizers, so it might be worth swapping between the two as needed.

Regarding that, you basically just need to decide which combat stat you're using, cast the relevant pasta thrall, and ignore it from then on...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
With regard to the issue with the scratch n' sniff sword...

It is a mafia problem, that just appears often when autobasement is run.

I have had success recovering from it by: stripping the character down to their birthday suit; deleting all custom outfits; manually refreshing the inventory and the rerunning autobasement.

It may be sufficent to unequip the sword and only delete the outfits that use it and the ones that are defined by autobasement but I am reporting what has worked for me so far.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If the issue is that sometimes KoLmafia believes you have two sticker weapons in inventory, a simple "refresh inv" should fix it.

Theraze

It's a half-ph balancer. Regarding it being included, that would probably be if mafia has support for it natively and tracked by the maximizer. The script should (if it doesn't) consider what you can cast that is suggested by the maximizer. TheSea does it, so I know it's not impossible. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If the issue is that sometimes KoLmafia believes you have two sticker weapons in inventory, a simple "refresh inv" should fix it.

I don't think I have identified the root cause yet. I have observed that refreshing the inventory and then running autoBasement generates a near intermediate failure (in the sense that autoBasement fails to run and do something useful). The only things that autoBasement tries are outfit manipulations and my hypothesis at the moment is that equipping an outfit with the sword sometimes, somehow causes the inventory to get out of synch. Have not had a chance to look at that yet but I am suspicious of whatever mechanic is used to reacquire stickers. All speculation, at the moment, however.

xKiv

... equipping an outfit with the sword sometimes, somehow causes the inventory to get out of synch. ...

I have an idea, but I have no mafia running now.
I *think* I have noticed inventory de-synch when equipping an outfit that only ended up equipped partially. I should really get to verifying it on current release and making a bug report.
In my case, I have an outfit with the same weapon and offhand, both of which are hidden in my closet - and when I "outfit pvp", mafia only pulls one of those, then thinks it putting on the entire outfit, and after unequipping believes that it has 2 bugged old school mafia !@#$%^& in inventory instead of just one. (I managed to train myself into manually acquiring them before outfitting, instead of bugreporting)

bumcheekcity

Seems to be some problem with swapping familiars:

Code:
> autoBasement 175

mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => -0.05
Basement level 124: Muscle Test
Maximizing...
36241 combinations checked, best score 690.00
Updating inventory...
Retrieving equipment...

Hat: plexiglass pith helmet
Weapon: stainless steel shillelagh
Off-hand: Brimstone Bunker
Shirt: sea salt scrubs
Pants: sugar shorts
Container: Cloak of Dire Shadows

Acc. 1: ornamental sextant
Acc. 2: plastic vampire fangs
Acc. 3: Bling of the New Wave (512)

Pet: Baby Sandworm (22 lbs)
Item: (none)

Sticker 1: scratch 'n' sniff UPC sticker (0)
Sticker 2: scratch 'n' sniff UPC sticker (0)
Sticker 3: scratch 'n' sniff UPC sticker (0)
Your Baby Sandworm can't wear a Brimstone Bludgeon
unable to buff Muscle to 921, quitting
mpAutoRecovery => 0.65
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.9
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 134 adventures. If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value.

There seems to be some issue with the potion-purchasing code.

You need 1 more Hawking's Elixir of Brilliance to continue.
unable to buff Mysticality to 1158, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 12 adventures. If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value.

I have autoBasement_max_potion_price = 3000 and autoBasement_use_percentage_potions = true. (Hawking's is currently 404 meat at 2/day in the mall, and 1,179 after that.)

When I manually purchased a Hawking's and re-ran the script, it used the potion and executed as expected, until the buff ran out and I hit another myst test, at which point I got the same red error again.

Winterbay

r27 of autoBasement should not crash when phials are way too expensive and also should give an informative message when it skips the phials.
r28 comments out the inventory and outfit refreshing that was going on in the hopes that r13518 solved those issues.
r29 only attempts to cache your outfits once per day in order to avoid annoying maximization and initialization time at every startup if the script aborts.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Code:
> autoBasement 1

Cannot apply operator < to mall_price() (int) and get_property() (string) (autoBasement.ash, line 687)

A recent change that went awry?

Last edited:

Winterbay

Code:
> autoBasement 1

Cannot apply operator < to mall_price() (int) and get_property() (string) (autoBasement.ash, line 687)

A recent change that went awry?

Very likely. The effect of coding at 7 in the morning on a Saturday and not actually verifying before committing.
"svn dec autobasement" should solve ut until I get home...

I svn dec autobasement-ed twice (from r29 to r28, then to r27) and BCC's error persists. (After the last svn dec it moved from line 685 to 684.)

I'll follow up on my previous report when I'm able =)

Thanks for your time getting everything updated!