Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Winterbay

Verision 5.6 and 0.4.3 of WHAM and WHAM_dontuse respectively have been updated. WHAM_relay mainly to move the version handling to SVN but WHAM can now handle both the silly Gladiator boss and the cool Scholar boss of The Sea quest as well as not firing off the yellow ray as a monster killer and try to force quick kills foe the basement. The latter part unfortunately currently isn't working 100% due to Mafia seemingly setting my_location() to location[none] in the basement.

Edit: The Yog-Urt and Jigguwatt code only really works if you use the version of BatBrain posted in the end of said thread and modifyit as instructed by me in it as well. However the script should not crash if you don't and it should get into the next version of BatBrain.

Winterbay

Uploaded a new version which does what Bale suggested and sets the basement location for the basement monsters so now WHAM tries to kill them as quick as possible and skips stasising completely.
Next up: Weapon skill training for the gladiator path of The Sea.

WHAM made me a sad panda tonight. I was going for my 5th barrel of gunpowder, and I should have manually done the combat to make sure...

Code:
[781] photocopied monster
Encounter: lobsterfrogman
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. r37)...
Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
You have the latest batfactors.txt. Will not check again today.
Checking for updates (running BatBrain ver. 1.38)...
Running BatBrain version: 1.38 (current)
Checking for updates (running SmartStasis ver. 3.21)...
Running SmartStasis version: 3.21 (current)
Checking for updates (running WHAM ver. 5.5)...
New Version of WHAM Available: 5.6
Upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6 here!

You have the latest pluralMonsters.txt. Will not check again today.
ATT: 213 (94% × 53.58, death in 3)
DEF: 194 (9% × 82.57, win in 32)
HP: 237, Value: 677.94 μ, RES: 0
WHAM: Monster HP is 237.0.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase (0μ)0μ--
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Reached WHAM_round_limit while looking for a way to kill the monster. Executing the current strategy and continuing from there.
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
WHAM: We are going to 10-shot with Entangling Noodles, Fearful Fettucini, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and attack with your weapon.
Round 1: chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round 1: chef_rannos casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: chef_rannos casts FEARFUL FETTUCINI!
Round 3: lobsterfrogman takes 164 damage.
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 4: lobsterfrogman takes 1 damage.
You lose 51 hit points
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 5: lobsterfrogman takes 1 damage.
You lose 52 hit points
Round 5: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 6: lobsterfrogman takes 1 damage.
You lose 50 hit points

REALLY ATTACK? I'd rather an abort than attack as a Pastamancer. I had MP, I had MMJ, I could have won! How did it think I'd have enough moxie as a level 11 Pastamancer to survive 10 rounds against a lobsterfrogman?!?!?!

EDIT: It doesn't look like the Mus and Mox are right in the calculations. I may have had my telescope buff up still (+35%) but even so, I have 72 mus, 154 mys, and 70 mox after the fight. If I add 35% to 154 I get 208, so maybe it used my mysticality for my attack stat? I'm confused. I do see I forgot to re-equip my chef staff and take off my time halo, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Either way, I still could have won if it would have aborted instead of picking attack. :confused:

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Next up: Weapon skill training for the gladiator path of The Sea.

Don't forget that the gladiator path can be completed without that training. I have cleared that side 7 times without wearing any of those weapons. Flavour + Weapon of the Pastalord works pretty well, since each part is handled separately by the soft damage cap. With enough +init to get the jump, you don't even have to read the fight text in the Colosseum to guarantee victory.

Bale

Minion
It absolutely can be completed without the training. On the other hand, if someone is equipped with one of those weapons and is capable of hitting with a regular attack, it is clear that he wants to try. There's no other good explanation for why he equipped the weapon.

I prefer doing it that way.

Bale

Minion
BTW Winterbay, in case you have noticed it by now you left the following in your last revision: print("TEst: " + my_location());

Winterbay

BTW Winterbay, in case you have noticed it by now you left the following in your last revision: print("TEst: " + my_location());

I hadn't so thanks. That's the problem with having 3 different places for the script (the copy in /scripts, the copy in my SVN-folder and the WHAM_dev used for testing of new features) :)
Took me way too many tries of fighting things in the basement before I realised I had edited the wrong script to get the testing to work...

Magus_Prime

WHAM_killit seems to be working. It's expensive but it's working. To beat a beast with N ears it buffed my Pastamancer's muscle with a pressurized potion and then used a divine noisemaker. Something like Fearful Fettucini would have been much easier and less expensive choice.

I'm grateful for the existence of WHAM but would you be willing to do some tweaking of WHAM_killit to be a bit more sensible?

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Veracity: You're correct. I posted this in the wrong thread. It should have gone into the AutoBasement thread. In this case the two scripts are intertwined.

drakmor

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I didn't get what you meant about changing a setting so that the script will auto update with svn, any chance I could get a little clarification? :)

Magus_Prime

WHAM did an impressive job handling a basement run today. It made it all the way to level 489 before I had to manually handle a combat.

WHAM chose to cast Toynado against a beer golem and my character lost the combat. My normal CCS would have funkslung love songs of smouldering passion and killed it in one round. That's what I did manually after healing.

drakmor

Awesome, thanks! I don't usually update mafia unless one of my scripts throws errors because of it, so I didn't get the svn features yet :) They look like they'll really make stuff convenient :)

Winterbay

WHAM did an impressive job handling a basement run today. It made it all the way to level 489 before I had to manually handle a combat.

WHAM chose to cast Toynado against a beer golem and my character lost the combat. My normal CCS would have funkslung love songs of smouldering passion and killed it in one round. That's what I did manually after healing.

That's odd. It should not use spells against the Golem. OTOH Batbrain only lists skills classified as Sauceror or Pastamancer-skills, noodles of fire, saucemageddon and volcanometeor showeruption as well as skills between skillID 28 and 43 as spells. Toynado is 57 and is thus not blacklisted by BatBrain. I'll go and report that in the BatBrain thread I think...

Also, I've updated the installation instructions in the first post to be slightly easier to follow.

WHAM can funksling, right?

I'm using a psychedelic bear (meat/items), so I'm not sure why it wouldn't funksling. Since the miniborgs delevel, it would seem it'd be better to use 2 per round, correct?

Code:
Encounter: Goth Giant
Round 1: Items-Meat lights a cute little string of firecrackers and tosses them on the ground behind your opponent.
ATT: 140 (94% × 10.94, death in 19)
DEF: 127 (65.39% × 40.51, win in 7)
HP: 165, Value: 1,565.79 μ, RES: 0
WHAM: Monster HP is 165.0.
WHAM: We are going to 6-shot with Entangling Noodles, Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot, Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot.
Round 2: goth giant drops 8 attack power.
Round 2: goth giant drops 10 defense.
Round 2: chef_rannos uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 3: goth giant takes 24 damage.
Round 3: goth giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 3: goth giant drops 4 defense.
Round 3: goth giant drops 10 attack power.
Round 3: goth giant drops 9 defense.
Round 3: chef_rannos uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 4: goth giant takes 29 damage.
Round 4: goth giant drops 4 attack power.
Round 4: goth giant drops 3 defense.
Round 4: goth giant drops 8 attack power.
Round 4: goth giant drops 9 defense.
Round 5: goth giant takes 92 damage.
Round 6: goth giant takes 82 damage.
Round 6: chef_rannos wins the fight!
After Battle: Items-Meat lights a miniature Catherine wheel and dances in the shower of sparks. How cute!
You gain 11 Mana Points
You gain 3 hit points
You gain 4 Mana Points
After Battle: Items-Meat says, "there seems to be a beat, now. I can feel it in my feet, now." He winks at you and starts dancing.
You gain 641 Meat
You acquire an item: awful poetry journal
You gain 12 Beefiness
You gain 18 Mysteriousness
You gain 9 Chutzpah
Look! You found 1 awful poetry journal (136μ)!
bagOTricksCharges => 1

stannius

After logging in type the following in the CLI and press enter:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/winterbay-mafia/wham/code/

Oh, funny. I was trying to run it on the Windows command line and wondering why kolmafia wasn't recognizing that I had scripts installed via svn.

Winterbay

WHAM can funksling, right?

I'm using a psychedelic bear (meat/items), so I'm not sure why it wouldn't funksling. Since the miniborgs delevel, it would seem it'd be better to use 2 per round, correct?

Code:
Encounter: Goth Giant
Round 1: Items-Meat lights a cute little string of firecrackers and tosses them on the ground behind your opponent.
ATT: 140 (94% × 10.94, death in 19)
DEF: 127 (65.39% × 40.51, win in 7)
HP: 165, Value: 1,565.79 μ, RES: 0
WHAM: Monster HP is 165.0.
WHAM: We are going to 6-shot with Entangling Noodles, Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot, Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot.
Round 2: goth giant drops 8 attack power.
Round 2: goth giant drops 10 defense.
Round 2: chef_rannos uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 3: goth giant takes 24 damage.
Round 3: goth giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 3: goth giant drops 4 defense.
Round 3: goth giant drops 10 attack power.
Round 3: goth giant drops 9 defense.
Round 3: chef_rannos uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 4: goth giant takes 29 damage.
Round 4: goth giant drops 4 attack power.
Round 4: goth giant drops 3 defense.
Round 4: goth giant drops 8 attack power.
Round 4: goth giant drops 9 defense.
Round 5: goth giant takes 92 damage.
Round 6: goth giant takes 82 damage.
Round 6: chef_rannos wins the fight!
After Battle: Items-Meat lights a miniature Catherine wheel and dances in the shower of sparks. How cute!
You gain 11 Mana Points
You gain 3 hit points
You gain 4 Mana Points
After Battle: Items-Meat says, "there seems to be a beat, now. I can feel it in my feet, now." He winks at you and starts dancing.
You gain 641 Meat
You acquire an item: awful poetry journal
You gain 12 Beefiness
You gain 18 Mysteriousness
You gain 9 Chutzpah
Look! You found 1 awful poetry journal (136μ)!
bagOTricksCharges => 1

Wellyes, it should auto-funk items via batbrain. Do you have more than one destroyerbot?