New Content - Implemented West of Loathing - 2016 Spring Challenge!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are now two skills named Hard Drinker, both important for a challenge path. I think we finally need to handle skills by id instead of name internally.

Terion

Code:
--------------------
8978	patent aggression tonic	740807150	champagne.gif	usable	t,d	100
Item	patent aggression tonic	Effect: "Patent Aggression", Effect Duration: 30
--------------------
--------------------
2085	Patent Aggression	champagne.gif	958a29935f381784254ff685a3c2ce32	use 1 patent aggression tonic
# Effect Patent Aggression: Makes you significantly more attractive to monsters
--------------------

Last edited:

Hellno

It would be neat to have mafia tracking the wandering monster window. It seems to be pretty solidly nailed down that it's 15-20 turns between wanderers, the only unsure part is the window for the very first wanderer- it should be something in the region of 5-10 turns though.

This is the full list of wandering monsters I believe:
furious cow
furious giant cow
ungulith
emaciated rodeo clown
menacing rodeo clown
grizzled rodeo clown
aggressive grass snake
prince snake
king snake

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, the fullness/inebriety/spleen limit for all three AWOL classes are 10/9/10.

There are skills which increase those. One for each of the classes. I assume:
Hard Drinker/Prodigious Appetite/Tolerant Constitution

Does the Azazal Quest give you the corresponding steel organ?

Do I understand correctly that when you free the king, you retain your AWOL class (unlike the other Avatar paths)? Do you therefore retain your base fullness/inebriety/spleen limits, or do they all go up to 15/15/15?

All the snake oil potions they require a dramatic range to make and the snake oiler skill as well:

Base Oils:

Skin oil (100% Moxie Buff) - from Beast, Pirate
Eldritch oil (+30 Ranged Damage) - from Undead
Unusual oil (50% item drop buff) - from Demon, Horror, Plant
Snake oil (Increased Venom of briefcase) - from wandering Prince Snakes

Patent Tonics -

Alacrity (100% Init buff) - Cook Eldritch plus Unusual
Avaraice (50% Meat buff) - Cook Skin plus Unusual
Aggression (+Combat buff) - Cook Snake plus Unusual
Invisibility (-Combat buff) - Cook Snake plus Eldritch
Preventative (+3 Rainbow Elemental Resistance buff) - Cook Snake plus Skin

So, the fullness/inebriety/spleen limit for all three AWOL classes are 10/9/10.

There are skills which increase those. One for each of the classes. I assume:
Hard Drinker/Prodigious Appetite/Tolerant Constitution

Does the Azazal Quest give you the corresponding steel organ?

Do I understand correctly that when you free the king, you retain your AWOL class (unlike the other Avatar paths)? Do you therefore retain your base fullness/inebriety/spleen limits, or do they all go up to 15/15/15?
I just got the steel liver as a Beanslinger (which is the class that learns Prodigious Appetite). So I guess your theory about the Azazel quest is disproven.

All the snake oil potions they require a dramatic range to make and the snake oiler skill as well:

Unless something has changed, they do not require a dramatic range (oils are not fancy, and the crafting is turn-free).

Complete list of oils > phylum:
Code:
eldritch	undead
skin	dude / beast / pirate / hippy / humanoid / orc
unusual	goblin / demon / elemental / construct / plant / elf / penguin / weird / fish / bug / constellation / hobo / merkin

Also an incomplete list of monsters the game does and does not consider to be snakes (some suprising exclusions). This overrides phylum for oil extraction
Code:
SNAKES
Sewer snake with a sewer snake in it
black adder
Burning Snake of Fire
Snakeleton
The Snake With Like Ten Heads

NOT SNAKES
Baa'Baa'Buran
Jacob's adder
diamondback rattler
knight (snake) (gallery)

I don't think the skill Shoot has been added yet. (Right?) Trying to use $skill[Shoot] in a script warns me, "Changing "Shoot" to "Arse Shoot" would get rid of this message"

The warning's no big deal. But then it actually fails: "You don't have a skill uniquely matching "1 Arse Shoot"

Is there an alternative syntax I can use to script this skill for the time being? Something that will force past the bad autocomplete?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think the skill Shoot has been added yet. (Right?) Trying to use $skill[Shoot] in a script warns me, "Changing "Shoot" to "Arse Shoot" would get rid of this message"

The warning's no big deal. But then it actually fails: "You don't have a skill uniquely matching "1 Arse Shoot"

Is there an alternative syntax I can use to script this skill for the time being? Something that will force past the bad autocomplete?

Added in 16715. And no, there was nothing you could have done in your script. If there hadn't been a skill to improperly match, the script would have refused to even start to run rather than failing when it tried to use a skill you don't have.

Hmm. Shoot's not working quite right...

> ash use_skill($skill[shoot])

You are currently in a fight.
Returned: Skill ID not saved.

Huh?

I get the same result calling use_skill() in a script, or in the gCLI mid-fight.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
	public static Value use_skill( Interpreter interpreter, final Value skill )
	{
		// Just in case someone assumed that use_skill would also work
		// in combat, go ahead and allow it here.

if ( SkillDatabase.isCombat( (int) skill.intValue() ) && FightRequest.getCurrentRound() > 0 )
		{
			return RuntimeLibrary.visit_url( interpreter, "fight.php?action=skill&whichskill=" + (int) skill.intValue() );
		}

KoLmafiaCLI.DEFAULT_SHELL.executeCommand( "cast", "1 " + SkillDatabase.getSkillName( (int) skill.intValue() ) );
		return new Value( UseSkillRequest.lastUpdate );
	}
Apparently you "assumed" that use_skill is how to cast a combat skill during a fight. :)

In any case, "Shoot" is declared to be a type 3 skill (non-combat, non-shruggable effect", rather than type 5 (combat), so, yes. there is a bug.

Edit: not that I actually see another way to use a combat skill, so, whatever.

Bale

Minion
Casting Beancannon destroys the item in my off-hand. It would be awesome if KoLmafia knew that. (The item is always a can of beans since KoL won't even give me the option of casting the skill unless it is a can of beans.)

Thanks!

Bale

Minion
I have noticed that KoL has only two of the three Tales of the West. I'd appreciate if someone would please add the third.

Code:
> newitem 965929241

--------------------
8957	Tales of the West: Snake Oiling	965929241	book5.gif	usable	q	0
# Item Tales of the West: Snake Oiling: Teaches you Snake Oiler skills
--------------------

Last edited:

Yendor

Code:
--------------------
8968	ten-gallon hat	868447072	cowboyhat.gif	hat	q	0
ten-gallon hat	200	none
Item	ten-gallon hat	Muscle: +10, Mysticality: +10, Moxie: +10, Experience: +3
--------------------
--------------------
8969	eleven-gallon hat	348093099	cowboyhat.gif	hat	q	0
eleven-gallon hat	220	none
Item	eleven-gallon hat	Muscle: +11, Mysticality: +11, Moxie: +11, Experience: +3
--------------------