TheSea.ash - Automated Underwater Quests

bumcheekcity

Advanced changing would be a function of the "useMyGear" variable. :) Probably. We'll see what we end up doing there eventually... that'll be a few more ascensions/series on down.

Here's a semi-complicated question with arguments on both sides. When we eventually get to script to the bosses, do we want to just end the script there with a message directing the user as to how to equip for it, or to try to run the combat automatically?

If we were to script the scholar, for example, we'd be doing the scholar outfit; 3 prayerbeads; maximize myst, -10 hp, -hat, -pants, -acc1, -acc2, -acc3. We do the -100% muscle potion (optional, but kinda fun), make sure we have 6 different healing items (so we can heal after the last 90% hit) and the 2 easy delevellers (lasso and mouthsoap). Begin combat, throw 6 healing items, funkslinging our delevellers if we have the skill. Then we just throw our best spell at her until (hopefully) she's dead, and collect our reward. Easy. Maybe. :)

But that takes buying prayerbeads if the user doesn't have them, buying (hopefully) cheap restoratives regardless of mall settings (might find the cheapest 6, might just take a static list and hope we don't get bit), and acquiring the delevellers if the user has funkslinging.

That doesn't sound that hard, but having fought Yog'Urt twice, it's a right PITA to do. It would be a really easy thing to script. The healing items are pretty cheap, as are the prayerbeads (plus, they aren't used, so you'll want to have them for the next ascension anyway).

I didn't actually debuff, and I ended up with about 200HP, so healing items worked fine.

Theraze

Yeah, on my maximization without debug, I end up about 70 HP, which easily heals:
1) Red potion
2) Red pixel potion
3) Extra strength red potion
4) Filthy Poultice
5) Gauze Garter
6) Something else since we have all our HP back. Generally throw a scented oil, even though I don't need to, because it's different and I have a moderate amount from prior ascensions.

With that debuff potion, HP ends up around 40 instead. Could actually move down to the lower grouping of healing items, but...

Theraze

Okay, dropped the 1.4 version. This will automatically get the stashbox, tame the seahorse, build the crappy mer-kin disguise, get 10 wordquiz and cheatsheets, try to make the scholar outfit (though this does need some more sanity checking on this later to make sure we've got enough to complete the entire disguise), get a dreadscroll, get a darkbook and learn deep dark visions, get a knucklebone, and... abort. At this point, the player should be able to cast DDV to learn the house, get the choice adventure for its 3 clues, use a healscroll for the fish and a killscroll for the colour, and a knucklebone outside combat for the direction. There's a section which can be pasted for fairly easy equipment and combat-readiness on the fight (which is currently unreachable, since we return currently), and then... sweet victory? One can but hope.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
try to make the scholar outfit (though this does need some more sanity checking on this later to make sure we've got enough to complete the entire disguise)

As long as it tries to make the pants first and checks for having those before making the hat, nothing should go wrong.

Theraze

There we go. Now we actually validate that we get the right outfit pieces before we make it. We do need to set choice adventures eventually, but...

Rinn

Developer
You have the damp old boot costing 100 sea dollars in the script, when it only costs 50 from big brother.

Rinn

Developer
Also there seems to be some issue with adventuring in the corral after asking grandpa about currents:

Code:
        Request 13 of 93 (The Sea: The Mer-Kin Outpost) in progress...

[860]     The Mer-Kin Outpost
Encounter: Into the Outpost
Encounter:     Mysterious Intent
You acquire an item: Mer-kin stashbox

Conditions     satisfied after 13 adventures.
Using 1 Mer-kin stashbox...
You     acquire an item: Mer-kin trailmap
You acquire sand dollar (39)
Finished     using 1 Mer-kin stashbox.
Using 1 Mer-kin trailmap...
Finished using     1 Mer-kin trailmap.
Talking to Grandpa about currents.
Something     went wrong and your seahorse appears to have escaped. Try to find it again.
You     have already completed the Old Guy and The Ocean quest.

Running the script again after this adventured in the outpost again instead of the corral.

Theraze

In my case, the corral is corralb.gif, but since it has a B in the name, that might not necessarily be the same for everyone. If yours doesn't match, if you can let me know what yours has, I can modify it to match both/all.

And the damp boot/sushi mat price change has been in my file for the next version when there's actually something useful I can do. I was waiting for a good grandma-autostop fix, but... looks like it's going to end up needing some weird code rather than logical. Ah well. :)

Theraze

Done. Version 1.5 is spun with the 50 sand dollar changes and the corrala/corralb possibilities. If someone ends up finding a corralc or something else weird, let me know.

Theraze

Yeah... I'm still trying to decide between finally starting my first SF project 8.5 years in or waiting for fewyn to get kolmafia.us SVN hosting up. At some point I'll probably have TheSea and EatDrink on whichever gets done though.

Rinn

Developer
That worked, however:

Code:
        [873] The Coral Corral
Encounter: wild seahorse
Round 0: [COLOR=#2cae33]Epicgamer[/COLOR]     loses initiative!
You lose 11 hit points
Round 1: [COLOR=#2cae33]Epicgamer[/COLOR]     uses the sea cowbell and uses the sea cowbell!
Round 2: [COLOR=#2cae33]Epicgamer[/COLOR]     uses the sea cowbell and uses the sea lasso!
Your mount is prepared!
Something     went wrong and your seahorse appears to have escaped. Try to find it again.
You     have already completed the Old Guy and The Ocean quest.

Running the script again correctly proceeded to the next quest step. Also if I stopped the script after using the wordquizzes the next run tried to use them again. A mafia pref would be good for that

Theraze

Yeah... for some reason, it doesn't update otherquests properly that one time when you catch the seahorse. It's annoyed me some the last 8 seahorses or so, but hasn't gotten fixed yet. :D

Might be due to initializing it as a string (was doing string otherquests = instead of just otherquests =) again... I'll spin 1.5.1 and maybe that will fix it. Though you won't be able to tell on that character until after ascension again. But maybe someone else will let us know.

As always I'm sure its just something I'm missing.

> call C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\KoLMafia\scripts\TheSea.ash

WARNING: Unreachable code (TheSea.ash, line 580)
The string "true" is not an integer; returning 0 (zlib.ash, line 65)

Bale

Minion
That's interesting, but does the script abort or otherwise fail to work?

The "Unreachable code" is just a warning because Theraze was messy about hiding an unimplemented feature. That won't prevent the script from working.

Similarly, The string "true" is not an integer; returning 0 is just a warning because you messed up three zlib vars so it will just set those to 0 and continue. I think. Check "zlib seafloor" to figure out what.

I'd guess your errors are seafloor_monkeeQuest, seafloor_outfitQuest, seafloor_skateQuest, seafloor_bootQuest, seafloor_getSushiMat and/or seafloor_getHelmet because those sounds like they should be booleans, but they actually require integers.

Last edited:

Theraze

So true... I even said that those messages were there. :) Basically, I wanted to keep things easy to copy-paste for when I hit the end of the quest. Or anyone else does, I suppose. *coughs* But mostly for my ease. :D I'll tweak around with that some for the next mini or full revision. If that happens after rollover, it'll get validation. Else, it'll be hopeful/guess code. Heh.