Slime Tube Adventuring Script

JebThePleb

Hi, does the script currently use free runaways from stomping boots or the navel ring/GAP? If not, are there any plans to implement those? Anyway, love the script. Did one slimeling run manually and the monotony nearly killed me. If this didn't exist I would have had to write a .txt script with none of great features this one has.

E: Forgot that the parasol breaks, it was the first item that came to mind though.

Last edited:

Alhifar

It currently handles Navel and GAP just fine. It uses the runaways from the bandersnatch, but not the boots. Probably wouldn't be too hard to add.

EDIT: Added in support for the stomping boots with r7

Last edited:

mrfatso

strange i encounter a problem using this script.

I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
Putting on outfit: minml
Equipment changed.
Putting HoverDamn the Hovering Sombrero back into terrarium...
Taking Poortato the Levitating Potato out of terrarium...
many-eyed glasses is better than (none). Switching items...
Putting on many-eyed glasses...
Equipment changed.
No matching CCS found!

I have WHAM.ash under CCS .. so did i messed things up?

I had no issues a long time ago back when i was using this script, now that this issue pops up, i have no idea what i could do to help solve it.

edit: finally doing another shot at slime and strange enough, the script works... o well, at long as it works, i am fine with it.

Last edited:

Dirus

I just started using this script (my first relay script in KoLmafia), and am pretty pleased with it. There is one problem I would like to fix:

It is a little too aggressive on assuming I can survive high levels of Covered in Slime. Out of the 300ish turns spent this run, it has let my character die 5 times. My char has 950 health, and will keep trying to survive the slime until it does ~890 damage at the start. This leads to the possibility for the slime I'm fighting to kill me, as it does 40-50 damage.

How can I adjust it so that it will stop to use a chamois a turn earlier? Or is there something I'm missing about dodging attacks from slimes? My moxie seems to be ignored. My ML is +668 and moxie ~1400.

Magus_Prime

It's been a while since I've used the script but I'm pretty sure that it relies on either a user supplied script to handle HP and MP recovery or KoLMafia's auto recovery settings. I've used Bale's Universal Recovery script for years.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
From what I remember of the script, I would guess it hasn't been updated to take into account the damage resistance from +ML, so it thinks you can one-hit slimes when you can't.

chi7p1

Hello. Sorry for the dumb question but how do you use this script? I can see it in script manager but don't find it in the list when load script

Bale

Minion
Hello. Sorry for the dumb question but how do you use this script? I can see it in script manager but don't find it in the list when load script

Go to the relay browser. In the topmenu, on the right, will be a drop-down list.

Alhifar

From what I remember of the script, I would guess it hasn't been updated to take into account the damage resistance from +ML, so it thinks you can one-hit slimes when you can't.

I don't really play anymore, so I'm not sure how the damage resistance works, but if someone can explain it to me I can probably get the script updated.

Damage resistance (elemental and physical) is ( ML / 2.5 ) %, capped at 125ML (50% resist).
This extends to negative ML - giving negative resists which increase the damage done to monsters, but I doubt that's worth accounting for.

chi7p1

I got "You need 1 more detuned radio to continue." what does it mean?
Also when open in relay browser, the "outfit name" is the name of the one we want to use right? One time I get "One of those items is impossible for you to equip" but I can wear it manually just fine

ereinion

When I try to run this script, I get an error
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted (java.lang.NullPointerException): (relay_slime.ash, line 353)

The code in question is this:
Code:
    for i from 0 upto 30
    {
        if( get_ccs_action( i ) == "skill entangling noodles" ) noodle_turns = 2; # <- Line 353
    }
And my ccs is
Code:
[ default ]
item tattered scrap of paper, tattered scrap of paper
and
Code:
[ default ]
skill saucegeyser
Have any of you got any idea of what may be wrong?

Debug log: View attachment DEBUG_20150310.txt

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.getCurrentKey(FightRequest.java:785)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.get_ccs_action(RuntimeLibrary.java:2795)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:106)
I haven't looked at the code, but I am confused about why you have two [ default ] sections in your CCS. How do you expect that to work?

ereinion

I should probably have explained that those are two different CCSes, one for when I want to get slimed again and one for when I am fighting slimes.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, if you haven't seen any monsters yet this session, your "last monster" is unset, and get_ccs_action() will take the NPE you saw. Revision 15571 should make it take "default" in that case.

Pubbles

Recently when the script uses a Chamois to remove the coated in slime effect, Mafia says the character is still slimed when it isn't, which stops the script.

Zen00

Yeah, for some reason it doesn't seem to be able to refresh the status pane, even when I put in a direct call to refresh_status() at multiple points in the chamois using code. I think that I"ll put in a call to buy/use a single ben-gal balm to force a refresh next.

Zen00

My changes are done, I have rebuilt a lot of things, the script works perfectly in testing. Who do I give the code to to get this updated?