Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Sines

So, what about the dial issue? Also, how do I edit the .ash files? I can open them in Opera, but they don't seem to be editable in word processors.

Er, whoops, turns out they are. Just not that one particular processor.

Sines

I'm using plain old notepad. Don't know why Microsoft word didn't work, I always thought that was basically a less crappy version of notepad. Anyway, that got me in, but it's not providing any enlightenment on the 'dial only goes from 0 to 10' issue. Presumably, it's referring to the MCD, but I don't know why thats a problem.

Sines

It was still using mystsign instead of canadia. A copy and paste job on slime.ash produced this...

Function 'in_canadia_available( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (slime.ash, line 289)

Ethelred

I'm using plain old notepad. Don't know why Microsoft word didn't work, I always thought that was basically a less crappy version of notepad. Anyway, that got me in, but it's not providing any enlightenment on the 'dial only goes from 0 to 10' issue. Presumably, it's referring to the MCD, but I don't know why thats a problem.

Microsoft word won't work because it's a word processor instead of a tex editor, and inserts all kinds of formatting information into the file. ASH requires simple text files without all the extraneous embedded information Microsoft word (or any other word processor) inserts. As to the MCD problem, no idea. Theraze"s suggeston above looks plausible.

Sines

A quick hatchet job seemed to do the trick. I presume the function was supposed to return 1 or 0, so I could safely cut it. Seemed to do the trick. Hopefully, this script can burn 270 turns in an hour. Oh, and is there a way to get in libram MP-Burning? I still have a lot of BRICKOs to go for the chick, and Wave+Geyser produce plenty of MP for me to burn.

Ethelred

It was still using mystsign instead of canadia. A copy and paste job on slime.ash produced this...

Function 'in_canadia_available( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (slime.ash, line 289)

According to the KoL wiki, the function is "canadia_available( )", not "in_canadia_available( )".

Sines

Well, now that I've cut it out, that section will be harder to find, and I'm rather happy with it where it is :p I think the last time I went myst sign was very early on, when I wanted to make the jewelry for MP regen. That was... something like my 4th or 5th ascension.

linguinelad

help

I'm getting the same problem with the "dial only goes from 0 to 10" so any way I can fix it? I tried deleting the section for the mcd and all i got was this.

Script parsing error (slime.ash, line 287)

linguinelad

Yes, that's possible since the Valhalla revamp. Are you confused about what the canadia_available() function does? That's exactly what is needed to fix this glitch.

It's weird cuz a multi of mine works just fine, however it probably wasn't ascended after the revamp.

Winterbay

If it's not been in contact with Little Canadia after the revamp and wasn't in it when the revamp happened then it should not have happened so that is not surprising. Allthough, I thought the script had been updated to take that into account? I may be wrong though.

Theraze

Notice that it says slime.ash, not relay_slime.ash, meaning that linguine_lad is using the version that hasn't been updated in what... two years? :) Switch to relay_slime and things should work better.

linguinelad

Notice that it says slime.ash, not relay_slime.ash, meaning that linguine_lad is using the version that hasn't been updated in what... two years? :) Switch to relay_slime and things should work better.

yeah that's what my clanmate told me to do. so I went in my relay and picked it in the drop down box and it worked. but it was super slow, my guess is because it was running threw the relay window. it took a few hours to run 300 some turns.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
yeah that's what my clanmate told me to do. so I went in my relay and picked it in the drop down box and it worked. but it was super slow, my guess is because it was running threw the relay window. it took a few hours to run 300 some turns.
The last time I ran the relay_slime.ash it was as fast as my turns normally were. You might have something else going on that is causing delays.

xKiv

Couple (2) hours for 300 turns used to be pretty good where I am ... still decent if I do anything involved (more involved than just over-muscled attack in castle on autorepeat).