Slime Tube Adventuring Script

mad dudy

if u mean properties as in the prefs file in settings. I changed badkitty and badkitty to another familiar but after running the script it changes back to hound dog and only use hound dog no matter what i change the familiar to.

PHP:
string max_ml_outfit = "maxml";
string max_ml_familiar = "Rogue Program";

string min_ml_outfit = "minml";
string min_ml_familiar = "Rogue Program";

i changed that part to in slime.ash and relay_slime.ash also but still use hound dog.

Theraze

Not a problem. :) Guessing that your problem fixing it was probably my usual issue with mafia properties... if you try to manually edit them while mafia is running, your changes get overwritten. You have to either edit the settings file while mafia is closed, or use the gCLI/ASH commands (or a relay script) to do it. Usually takes me a failed edit or two to remember if it's been over a month between manual file tweakings not using one of the other methods.

graethynne

Ok folks, desperate for aid. For some reason, after running just fine for 90 advs, the script forgot how to change my outfits (which is kind of key). Please help me fix this.

Thanks,

Graethynne

Winterbay

Ok folks, desperate for aid. For some reason, after running just fine for 90 advs, the script forgot how to change my outfits (which is kind of key). Please help me fix this.

Thanks,

Graethynne

Could you post some CLI output around the point where the problem occurred?

graethynne

I reloaded several times trying to fix the problem. I am happy to post cli data if I can figure out how to recover it (I am more than a little noobish when it cos to mafia).

Thanks in advance,

Graethynne

Winterbay

Probably the most relevant portions are also in the session log. The are in the /session-folder and opening up the one from today you should be able to find the relevant parts (hopefully).

graethynne

snip from my log

Below is a snip from my log including the last round of the script working and the beginning of it no longer working. Thanks for the assistance.

Also, apologies for the copy and paste, I can't seem to make the attachment manager work properly either.

Graethynne

---------------------------------

[4223] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime colossus
Round 0: graethynne loses initiative!
Round 1: Lord Fluffykins XVII irritates the crap out of you and your opponent with his incessant high-pitched yapping.
You lose 1,850 hit points
Round 1: graethynne executes a macro!
Round 1: graethynne attacks!
Round 2: slime5 takes 1682 damage.
Round 2: graethynne wins the fight!
After Battle: Lord Fluffykins XVII holds out the plastic pumpkin bucket, hoping for extra goodies.
You gain 71 Muscleboundness
You gain 84 Mysteriousness
You gain 195 Sarcasm
> The slimes in the tube or that slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.

clan_slimetube.php?action=chamois
You lose an effect: Coated in Slime
> Chamois successfully used.
> I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
custom outfit Pickpocketry

familiar Fancypants Scarecrow (30 lbs)

uneffect Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance
> Adventure 101 out of 360

[4224] The Slime Tube
Encounter: dripping Slime nodule
Round 0: graethynne wins initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 10 Adventures)
Round 1: graethynne uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!
Round 2: "These trousers are so fancy they make me feel invincible!" Brainless cries. "I am the matador and the bull, and the arena in which they fight! Make your move!" Your opponent shuffles nervously, not sure whether to step up or not.
Round 2: graethynne uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!
> 70 tattered scraps of paper left!
> Covered in slime, adventuring normally in the tube!
> Adventure 101 out of 360
custom outfit SlimeHunting

familiar Purse Rat (27 lbs)
mcd 10

cast 1 Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance
You acquire an effect: Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance (duration: 10 Adventures)

[4224] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime juggernaut
Round 1: Lord Fluffykins XVII irritates the crap out of you and your opponent with his incessant high-pitched yapping.
You lose 12 hit points
You lose 15 hit points
Adjusted combat item count: tattered scrap of paper
Round 2: slime5 takes 1654 damage.
Round 2: Lord Fluffykins XVII rolls the plastic pumpkin bucket at it. It gets its foot caught in it and falls over, sustaining 27 damage.
Round 2: slime5 takes 27 damage.
After Battle: Lord Fluffykins XVII holds out the plastic pumpkin bucket, hoping for extra goodies.
You gain 77 Fortitude
You gain 81 Mysteriousness
You gain 192 Cheek
> Adventure 102 out of 360

[4225] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime leviathan
You lose 93 hit points
Round 2: slime5 takes 1642 damage.
Round 2: Lord Fluffykins XVII rolls the plastic pumpkin bucket at it. It promptly trips over it and falls, taking 23 damage.
Round 2: slime5 takes 23 damage.
You gain 67 Strengthliness
You gain 82 Enchantedness
You gain 202 Chutzpah

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 1,970 hit points
> Adventure 103 out of 360

[4226] The Slime Tube
Encounter: massive Slime colossus
You lose 279 hit points
You lose 14 hit points
Round 2: slime5 takes 1632 damage.
Round 2: Lord Fluffykins XVII rolls the plastic pumpkin bucket at it. It promptly trips over it and falls, taking 16 damage.
Round 2: slime5 takes 16 damage.
You gain 87 Strengthliness
You gain 88 Wizardliness
You gain 173 Roguishness
> Adventure 104 out of 360

[4227] The Slime Tube
Encounter: towering Slime leviathan
You lose 612 hit points
Round 2: slime5 takes 1637 damage.
You gain 88 Strengthliness
You gain 77 Wizardliness
You gain 183 Sarcasm
> Adventure 105 out of 360

[4228] The Slime Tube
Encounter: immense Slime colossus
You lose 1,125 hit points
You lose 16 hit points
Round 2: slime5 takes 1633 damage.
You gain 78 Fortitude
You gain 88 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 183 Chutzpah

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 2,046 hit points
> Adventure 106 out of 360

[4229] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime colossus
You lose 1,850 hit points
Round 2: slime5 takes 1652 damage.
You acquire an item: big slimy cyst
You gain 78 Strengthliness
You gain 80 Magicalness
You gain 192 Cheek
> The slimes in the tube or that slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.

> I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!

familiar Fancypants Scarecrow (30 lbs)

uneffect Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance
> Adventure 107 out of 360

[4230] The Slime Tube
Encounter: dripping Slime nodule
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 10 Adventures)
Round 1: graethynne uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!
> 69 tattered scraps of paper left!
> Adventure 107 out of 360
custom outfit SlimeHunting

familiar Purse Rat (27 lbs)
mcd 10

cast 1 Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance
You acquire an effect: Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance (duration: 10 Adventures)

[4230] The Slime Tube
Encounter: Engulfed!
Took choice 337/3: skip adventure
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=337&option=3

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 1,850 hit points

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon

send a kmail to Bale
> Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '' to '2011-06-08T05:30:03-05:00'...
> ...recoveryScript_map_v2.txt updated.
> Checking for updates (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.9.1)...
> You have a current version of Universal Recovery.

equip pants Travoltan trousers

buy 4 anti-anti-antidote for 28 each from an NPC Store
You acquire anti-anti-antidote (4)
You spent 112 Meat

equip pants corroded breeches
> Purchasing some Knob Goblin superseltzers for use as a combat restorative.

buy 3 Knob Goblin superseltzer for 164 each from 687657 on 20111129
You acquire Knob Goblin superseltzer (3)

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon

[4230] The Slime Tube
Encounter: Engulfed!
Took choice 337/3: skip adventure
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=337&option=3

[4230] The Slime Tube
Encounter: clutching Slime groper
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 9 Adventures)
You lose 143 hit points
Adjusted combat item count: tattered scrap of paper
Round 1: graethynne tries to steal an item!
Round 2: Lord Fluffykins XVII rolls the plastic pumpkin bucket at it. It promptly trips over it and falls, taking 20 damage.
Round 2: slime2 takes 20 damage.
You lose 27 hit points
Round 2: graethynne uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!
You lose 24 hit points
Round 3: graethynne uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Clannie is trying to perm all the slime skills so we are in the midst of a series of runs. We are using the script and thank you very much for creating and sharing ;-)

How Ignorant Can One Person Be?

O.A.F. patch attached. Also fixes weapon/offhand issues when changing outits.
*giggle*
outits

What is returned when you type "zlib SlimeTube_run_type" into the CLI?
HOLY CRAP. There is such a thing as slime tube run type??? I mean, that I could tell... something what type of run I'm... um, what, doing? wanting?

So Nodule will override a false setting on the get_spleeners. Now I see it in the scripting. D'oh!
EDIT - Set it to 'monkey' and it behaves as I desire. Thanks!
MONKEY is a slime tube run type?

Oh, golly, how could I have known these things?
No, I don't mean that in some sort of, "Well, don't blame me," way. I mean, really where can I find information like the fact that in some sense there is a slime tube run type (that, what, I should set somewhere? or find?), and that "monkey" is meaningful in regard to slime tubes?
Or -- here's a good one:
Is there some benefit to the slime tube run itself if I use an O.A.F.?
AHA! It's this, isn't it?
"At the beginning of every combat, the O.A.F. will remove all increased Monster Level. The two exceptions are +ML provided by the Mind-Control Devices and Slime Tube bladder squeezes."
I found that in the Notes section of the O.A.F.'s wiki page. It's odd to me that that's not listed in the Ability section of the article. I guess I could change that and see if the change sticks. :)

Gosh, I'm so ignorant of slime tubiness that I don't know why it's important to change Monster Level back and forth.

I am returning to thekolwiki to study what it says about slime, and slimes, and slime tubes, and I guess everything slimy. But wait. Has someone created a Guide to the Slime Tube for Complete and Utter Morons, or the like? If so, please, will you tell me where it is? I feel that I won't be able to understand how to make best use of this script unless I understand how to use the Slime Tube manually (to get specific results like nodules and slimeling, I mean).

EDIT: PS: I read this entire thread, only skimming the parts about why things are coded certain way since I'm incapable of comprehending those parts. And now I'm wondering how I can know what fixes or patches I should do, if the script hasn't been updated for about 10 months. I think I've strained one of my brain cells. Or maybe the other one.

Last edited:

Sines

Trying to run the slime tube script. Except all it's ever done is send a k-mail telling I'm using it. This is the first script I've ever tried to use, so I have no idea what is going on. I saw someone suggest solving an issue by altering the zversions document, and while that did seem to have some kind of effect, the script still doesn't run, and I am still only half-slime-organed. Truly, this is tragedy.

Any idea what to do?

Ethelred

Trying to run the slime tube script. Except all it's ever done is send a k-mail telling I'm using it. This is the first script I've ever tried to use, so I have no idea what is going on. I saw someone suggest solving an issue by altering the zversions document, and while that did seem to have some kind of effect, the script still doesn't run, and I am still only half-slime-organed. Truly, this is tragedy.

Any idea what to do?

First order of business would be to provide more details about your enviroment. Please include exact version numbers of the scipt, the mafia release you're running, your OS, and your java installation. Then include the gCLI output from the script, and if none, so state. Finally (or maybe firstly) verify that your clan has an open slime tube and that you have access to it.

Sines

I'm running Vista, mafia v15.1 r10849, java version 7.0.20.13. gCLI output is merely

>call scripts\relay_slime.ash

The first time I ran it after adjusting the zversions file, it also added

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. r35)...
Running ZLib version: r35 (current)

But it then did nothing, and continues to do nothing.

As far as script versions, judging by the 'last edited' dates on the posts with the scripts I'm running the most up to date versions of relay_slime, zlib and htmlform.

Oh, and my clan most certainly has the slime tube open, it wasn't until I remembered how tedious it could get that I decided to check for scripts :p

Theraze

Yeah... any file prefixed with "relay_" should go in the relay folder, not the scripts folder. Then, look in the drop-down in the upper-right for slime.

Sines

Oho, that seemed to get it working. I think I did it properly with the relay in the relay file last time I tried it a month or so ago, not sure what I'm actually doing differently now.

HOWEVER. All is not right, though it's a minor issue, regarding familiar use. The script seems to decide what familiar to use, but I'd like to turn that option off. Is there an easier way to adjust that than going into the script itself and commenting all familiar changes out?

EDIT: Ugh... what? I get a cancellation say 'The Dial only goes from 0 to 10'. Ohkay... so? I'm not too sure what the problem is here.

Also, is there a guide to using this? I just ended up saving my default slime tube outfit as min and max ml outfits to satisfy the script, since I knew I could adventure well enough if that.

Last edited:

Theraze

Set... goodkitty and badkitty, I think, to the familiars you want. Believe that's the easiest thing to do besides commenting out... Might be some way to skip though, but someone else would need to answer that. :)