Manuel Progress (the relay version)

matt.chugg

I look forward to trying the updates.

If you are going to hard code special cases then the areas opened by the zodiac signs probably need to be included. I keep going back and forth about what I would suggest for clan basement locations which depend upon clan, permissions in the clan and possibly what is open/cleared .

I have three use cases and if I need different scripts/tools for each then I will adjust.

Case I is when I am in the relay browser and I want to spend one adventure somewhere where there is a factoid to be gotten.

Case II is when I have identified a target factoid and want to set the conditions and attempt to get it.

Case III is when I am planning my path, sign and "things to set up and do" for the next ascension.

Right now this is pretty good for Case I and II. Case III is still a run of monsterManuel for me. I've wrestled with ideas for canadv requirements and I'm not there yet. How do I want prerequisites handled?

Interesting, theres a lot of things I've learnt since starting this script, about how mafia does things, how manuel does things and what people need.

Perhaps a little rebuild when I get some contiguous time available, still keep the ability to hide unavailable zones/locations, but when not hidden still indicate they are unavailable and why, which would mean a zone datafile, a location data file, and a monster datafile, those datafiles would be pretty useful as a seperate project, that other people could include in other projects.

I don't see any reason why a SVN project should not be just data files, and that project could then be a dependancy of this and other projects and include various other sets of data that people can just file_to_map (iotms, collection groups, trophies)

Will have a think about this

matt.chugg

R20

Allow any monster to be overridden by mskc_mp_monsters.txt
Allow mskc_mp_monsters.txt to define removed
Allow mskc_mp_monsters.txt to define nofactoid

set The Frattlesnake as removed
set X-32-F Combat Training Snowman as nofactoid
set All-Hallow's Steve as nofactoid

matt.chugg

R21

Add in wandering monsters for Feast of Boris, El Dia de Los Muertos Borrachos and Talk like a pirate day with coresponding logic to hide if it isn't currently the relevant holiday and mskc_mp_hide_unavailable_areas is set to true

R22
Add bricko monsters, and free combats from Artistic Goth Kid and mini-hipster

R23
Don't use count() in loop to set index of next item
Add monsters related to transmission from planet Xi
Add CLEESH monsters
Remove some debug counting from JS

Last edited:

matt.chugg

R24 show xi monsters all the time, checking for the item isn't reliable, since if it's been used you don't have the item.

Feature request to track which penpal is in use has been submitted

Last edited:

matt.chugg

R25

Conditionally hide some things if mskc_mp_hide_unavailable_areas == true:

Old events (use the location name not the zone, so new events should show up automatically.)
Twitch areas (unless "timeTowerAvailable" == "true")
Little Canadia (unless canadia_available() == true)
MusSign zone (unless knoll_available() == true)
MoxSign zone (unless gnomads_available()==true and beach is unlocked)
Knoll locations (unless the knoll is hostile)

R26|27
Hide The Secret Council Warehouse unless Actually Ed the Undying

Last edited:

Theraze

Any chance the core file from this can not be main.ash? It conflicts with my main.ash relay script override that adds Guide to the right side of my relay window.

matt.chugg

Any chance the core file from this can not be main.ash? It conflicts with my main.ash relay script override that adds Guide to the right side of my relay window.

Shouldn't be a problem to change it, will be at a computer some time in next 24 hours,

Theraze

I was under the impression Guide already adds itself to the right side of the window. That's how it works for me, anyways.
By default, it only adds 2 'relay_Guide' files to the relay folder. If it adds itself to the right side of your game.php window, that's because you're using a relay override to pipe it into there. Either the one that wipes out the gCLI/chat window or one that pops it next to it without losing any functionality.

Huh. Seems that my main.ash is actually part of the rlbond88 TaskList script, but... yeah. main.php is the main world map, and so should probably not have its override location removed. :) Thanks!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
By default, it only adds 2 'relay_Guide' files to the relay folder. If it adds itself to the right side of your game.php window, that's because you're using a relay override to pipe it into there. Either the one that wipes out the gCLI/chat window or one that pops it next to it without losing any functionality.

Apparently you haven't tried not using your main.ash override in a long time, because that is not the case now. It does some fancy stuff that reloads the main pane when running relay_Guide and a new frame is created next to chat.

Regardless, I agree that this script shouldn't run on main.php (though I don't have a use for this or any other manuel script, with a single-digit number of monsters that I still need factoids for).

Theraze

Thanks! I had to check out the script again to get all of the files in the right spots. Possibly because of saying I didn't want to override my main.ash file, it hadn't actually placed most of the files. But after a svn delete and svn checkout, it's all back as it should. Yay! :)

matt.chugg

R29 (last week apparently)

treat zones with parent as Little Canadia the same as locations in Little Canadia for purposes of mskc_mp_hide_unavailable_areas

R30
add monsters: The Emperor and legal alien and relative logic for owning deck of every card

R31
Show odd|even alternate monsters for hole in the sky (unless mskc_mp_hide_unavailable_areas == true)

Last edited:

matt.chugg

R32

show wandering monsters occuring in Bees Hate You path
show wandering monsters occuring in Heavy Rains
show replacment boss monsters for Heavy Rains and Actually Ed the Undying bosses

The above will show up if you are in the path that is relevant, or you are NOT hiding unavailable areas, (meaning you don't need to actually ascend in the path to check your progress)

I'm not sure what will happen in the run, i'll need to test, but I think i'll need to add bosses that have been replaced back in like I have with odd/even ascensions since appearence_rates() removes then, which thinking about it might be more of a feature request for appearence_rates() ?

Theraze

Isn't there an appearence_rates value that means that it's a boss? Does that not return the boss value when it's the correct in-path boss, does it never return the boss value even when it's current, or does it always return the boss value whether or not it's the current boss?

Basically there's 3 ways your AR could return what you've described, and depending on how fancy mafia's function is, it might already take care of your needs...

matt.chugg

Isn't there an appearence_rates value that means that it's a boss? Does that not return the boss value when it's the correct in-path boss, does it never return the boss value even when it's current, or does it always return the boss value whether or not it's the current boss?

Basically there's 3 ways your AR could return what you've described, and depending on how fancy mafia's function is, it might already take care of your needs...

From the wiki:
Bosses, semirare encounters, and other one-time-only monsters have a value of 0.0; ultra-rare monsters have a negative value (the actual value varies; test by looking for value < 0, not value == -1). Does not account for combat rate modifiers, olfaction, etc.

everything that isn't a UR or normal frequency has a value of 0, I manage semi-rare by looking at a proxy value with regex for "SEMIRARE" and use the boss proxy value for bosses, everything else that is 0 is therefore one-time (for the most part)

From my usage so far, appearance_rates() only returns a list of monsters relevant to the currenct ascension, for example if you in an odd/even ascension, it won't even mention the male/femal monsters in hole in the sky. For the purpose of this script which has the option to show all factoidable monsters, or just "available" factoidable monsters, I need to know what monsters appear in which locations regardless of whether you can see them there in your current ascension, currently, I don't believe kolMafia can do that currently

matt.chugg

You'd have to parse, uh, combats.txt I think?

I had a look at combats.txt and can't see any occurence of the boss replacement monsters. (Aquabat, Boss Bat?, Gurgle, Your winged yeti, Donerbagon, Auqadargon)

I'll ascend heavy rains run next week and check, unless anyone is doing one now and can send me some info, or unless there is a way to make mafia think i'm doing heavy rains to check, or i'll go read the code,

One way or another, I think instead of trying to add path specific monsters to their specific zones/locations, i'll just lump all monsters into a zone for the path, and add their locations, if you're collecting factoids and have dived into heavy rains, having them all together is more use I think.

People who find this script useful, feel free to weigh in.