New Content - Implemented Crimbotown is here!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When I ran my turns today, I did exactly as you suggested. Great minds think alike. :)

No muss, no fuss, purely automated, no thinking necessary, and, at current prices, well over a million a day in profit selling to those who still want to play with the content. If they introduce new items, those people can find them - and sell them to me for my collection. In the mean time, no more Crimbo stress for me.

ereinion

I've been resisting the urge to gripe about Crimbo in this thread, so I'll keep it short. Of all the long term KoL players I know, every single one is not enjoying this Crimbo. We all find it adding stress to our busy lives. You're not the only person who's decided to not play. I know it's party my fault for trying to be somewhat optimal, but something is just plain wrong.

Anyway, some low stress, high profit ideas:
Fax and putty level 3 officers. You don't need a belt, so it's not too complicated and it's highly profitable.
Just stick to level 1 and get 2.4K per adventure and lots of stats. This should be easy for anyone with some combat skills.
Leave your factory as is. The cost of changing bots is unlikely to be recovered, so why waste time thinking about it.
I'll join in with the griping and say that this is what I have done as well, except I've been using my mimic on level 1 as well for some extra meat. But I absolutely agree that all these new bots popping up really disincentivizes me from putting any large investments into the factory, as I'll want to destroy the bots I've already made the next day :p

Anyway, thanks a lot for putting in all this effort to make kolmafia keep up with the new content, devs, and for (sort of) giving me somewhere to gripe about this. I don't even want to think about what the G-D thread looks like :p

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I submitted a bug report. I confidently expect that it will be ignored - or, at best, I will be told "It works that way because that is how it is coded, and there will be no change."
I actually did get a response. It was intentionally coded so that you only get the "new bot" reward once per platform. So, even if you harvest a bot, tear it down, and leave the platform fallow over rollover, you will not get the initial reward when you build a new bot on the empty platform the next day. Be warned.

Tarko

the breakfast and the soda machine seems to be usable 1/d. Need to be added to the daily activities.

I am just not sure what happens to it upon ascension

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
the breakfast and the soda machine seems to be usable 1/d. Need to be added to the daily activities.

I am just not sure what happens to it upon ascension

That was already added to the list of 1/day free-to-use things several days ago.

Rinn

Developer
I used the Hacienda at song recording function with the LP-ROM burner and it seemed to increment the donho casts preference correctly. I had already used all my other songs so they are untested. r13430

Bale

Minion
New bots today = new items!

Unknown item found: warbear helm fragment (6927, 128436136)
--------------------
6927 warbear helm fragment 128436136 wbhatpiece.gif usable t 0
# warbear helm fragment
--------------------
Unknown item found: warbear trouser fragment (6937, 209453224)
--------------------
6937 warbear trouser fragment 209453224 wbpantspiece.gif usable t 0
# warbear trouser fragment
--------------------
Search complete.
Searching for chunk...
Unknown item found: warbear accoutrements chunk (6947, 169714871)
--------------------
6947 warbear accoutrements chunk 169714871 wbaccpiece.gif usable t 0
# warbear accoutrements chunk
--------------------
Search complete.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I guess it is time to wait a week until you can buy the ingredients for 10K each and then just make the item.

Sheesh. This "introduce new bots every other day so that everybody who has been actually playing can't access the new content until tomorrow except by paying through the nose in the mall" continues to escalate the "tediousness" level of this Crimbo. What the f*** are they thinking?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, essentially everybody in my clan is thinking "what the f*** is wrong with TPTB? They have actually managed to alienate ALL kinds of players! A first!"

Fill those platforms Bale. And then, the day after tomorrow when there are three new bots available, I will mock you with great joy. Schadenfreude!

Bale

Minion
Well, 800 turns to get the bots today does mean there are exactly enough whosits to fill all 8 platforms from level 1 fights without going to the mall. The math implies to me that we've gotten our last bots. Of course, I may very well fill my platforms in vain.

As one last thing that is wrong with the holiday, I want to point out how sad I feel for a casual player who shows up today and is told he cannot build the latest KRAMPUS bots unless he first spends 800 turns in the new zone. (Actually 804 turns.) He'll hit the flipping wall! That's a ridiculously high gate for adventures spent and completely out of line with all previous Crimbos. TPTB would simply tell him to buy his stuff in the mall and it is his own darn fault for not showing up earlier so he could spend those turns.

Let's just hope Skully's rant this year makes it all worth it.

I can not tell you how sick I am of the Skully rant tradition. No doubt I am nearly as sick of it as Skully, though he deserves the suffering for being crass enough to do the first one.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Well, 800 turns to get the bots today does mean there are exactly enough whosits to fill all 8 platforms from level 1 fights without going to the mall. The math implies to me that we've gotten our last bots. Of course, I may very well fill my platforms in vain.

On the latest radio show, Jick realized there was enough content that it was going to take until the 27th to release it all, so he had to change things to get it all released by the 25th. I'm expecting two more waves of bots.

Bale

Minion
Oh dear goodness. Thanks for the info. Sucks to be everyone in the kingdom. Seriously too many bots.