ChibiParent

psy

It has to be at least 2 days old for the age to be displayed.

Ah. That would be it. I had just turned the chibi on before running the script.
(and yeah, I use the mafia autoupdater, so I'm generally using the newest version unless a bug crops up)

Kyta

I've been raising my Buddy exclusively with your script, and he keeps drifting close and closer to the abyss. He is 8 days old right now. He started trying to off himself about 2 days ago. This was exactly when I switched from 0.7 to 0.77 though that is probably unrelated.

After roll today, he was at 1299, and after the script (which with the default settings, only decided to run the 5 adventures), he is at 2388. Is this safe? Or do I need to manually intervene? (I doubt I could have even kept him alive this long without it, so thank you. :) )

xKiv

It's not safe for rollover, and it's not safe for manual intervention either. Random events are likely to off him whatever you do or don't do.

eegee

Like someone else said, I have experienced that once your buddy veers too far off from optimal it's tough getting the stats back to optimal.

When my buddy was 15 days old, the script failed to reach optimal levels ending on [2, 3, 6, 8]. The next day is could not reach optimal again ending on [3, 3, 7, 8]. The next day my buddy was dead with [1, 3, 8, 10].
As xKiv said it's not safe, but it might last a while longer. It will probably continue to be downhill though.

I haven't revived my buddy yet because I still want to add the auto-respawn. But there hasn't been time of late, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to do that.

Kyta

Like someone else said, I have experienced that once your buddy veers too far off from optimal it's tough getting the stats back to optimal.

When my buddy was 15 days old, the script failed to reach optimal levels ending on [2, 3, 6, 8]. The next day is could not reach optimal again ending on [3, 3, 7, 8]. The next day my buddy was dead with [1, 3, 8, 10].
As xKiv said it's not safe, but it might last a while longer. It will probably continue to be downhill though.
So basically, once it starts drifting, its condition is debilitating and progressive? Man is that annoying. It would be nice if we had data on the distributions of when it first fails to balance and its mortality afterwards, but I suspect I will just have to add mine to the pile of anecdotes.

From my own experience and observing that of several others, I think at this point it's a safe conclusion that there's no way to keep a Chibi alive indefinitely. Unless there's a super secret way to figure out correct non-adventure choices that dodge random events, but I doubt such an avenue exists.

xKiv

So basically, once it starts drifting, its condition is debilitating and progressive? Man is that annoying. It would be nice if we had data on the distributions of when it first fails to balance and its mortality afterwards, but I suspect I will just have to add mine to the pile of anecdotes.

Fixed version: Once you turn it on, its condition is debilitating and progressive.

So my chibibuddy was dead and the script tried to adventure with it:

> call scripts/ChibiParent.ash

--- Current Stats ---
Socialization: 0
Fitness: 2
Intelligence: 9
Alignment: 9
--- [0, 2, 9, 9] ---
ADVENTURING to decrease [2]'Intelligence'.
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Nothing happened because you ran out of daily adventures.(this happens when adventures were used outsite ChibiParent)
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 5
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 6
Already got ChibiChanged� today.
Finished running ChibiParent

--- Current Stats ---
Socialization: 0
Fitness: 2
Intelligence: 9
Alignment: 9
--- [0, 2, 9, 9] ---

Adventured: 6
Balanced: -5
Total actions: 1
ChibiBuddy� is 1 day old.

Then I restarted my chibibuddy and the script refused to balance anything:

> call scripts/ChibiParent.ash

Obtaining ChibiChanged�..
You acquire an effect: ChibiChanged™ (duration: 5 Adventures)
Finished running ChibiParent

--- Current Stats ---
Intelligence: 4
Socialization: 5
Alignment: 5
Fitness: 6
--- [4, 5, 5, 6] ---

Adventured: 0
Balanced: 0
Total actions: 0
ChibiBuddy� is 1 day old.

eegee

Yeah, I still need to add support for that. I'll try this weekend if I'm not too busy.

Temporary workaround:
Code:
set _chibibuddyAdventuresUsed=0

EdFox

I've seen this in the thread already but another data point may help: ChibiParent is always reporting "ChibiBuddy is 1 day old." at the end of the script.

The text from looking at my ChibiBuddy directly is "Xixis is 5 daze old." I'm sure the cute misspelling doesn't help parsing.

Thanks for the awesome script. :)

EDIT: Doh! Staph... Disregard, sorry!

Last edited:

eegee

@EdFox, like xKiv said, you probably have the "staph of homophones" equipped. And on that note, any other Chat Effects might cause this script (and others) to fail.

I've added the functionality of turning on and reviving one's buddy. This version also gracefully handles the death of a buddy. Below is the version that will soon update the main one.

chibiParent_respawnChild : true/false [default: true]
Allow ChibiParent to turn on your ChibiBuddy™ if it's off, and allow reviving of your ChibiBuddy™ if it dies.​
chibiParent_childName : anything [default: <empty>]
The name of you would like to give your ChibiBuddy™. If the name is left empty, KoL will generate a name.​

EDIT: revised version in post #77.

Last edited:
Since you haven't released this version yet, could there be a cute version of naming...

Name I
Name II
Name III
Name IV

I found some good algorithms with Google to generate roman numerals that you might be able to translate
into ash scripting ... it would certainly be humorous.
You could add a simple flag such as:
chibiParent_childName_numbering : true/false

Last edited:
Since you haven't released this version yet, could there be a cute version of naming...

Name I
Name II
Name III
Name IV

I found some good algorithms with Google to generate roman numerals that you might be able to translate
into ash scripting ... it would certainly be humorous.
You could add a simple flag such as:
chibiParent_childName_numbering : true/false

I love this idea

eegee

Ok. Monarchical ordinals added.

chibiParent_childName : anything [default: <empty>]
The name of you would like to give your ChibiBuddy™. If the name is left empty, KoL will generate a name.
Add "[]" (without the quotes) anywhere in the name as many times as you like, and this will be replaced by Roman numerals based on chibiParent_childCount
chibiParent_childCount : any number [default: 0]
The internal counter used to keep track of how many buddies spawned by this script. If less than or equal 0, Roman numeral will be blank if used.​

Attachments

• ChibiParent.ash
    13.5 KB · Views: 75

charred

does the respawn work only if it dies during the script? i broke the prism and pulled all my stuff and ran the script but it didnt respawn. it just said it is not turned on.
can we have the script always turn on our chibi, even if its off? is there ever a reason to not have the script turn it on for the first time?

eegee

It should be doing that already. Type refresh inv in the CLI, and then try again.

Also, make sure chibiParent_respawnChild is true.