autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Jar of Jam

And as to that root of a negative value glitch:

Code:
[10482] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 214)
Encounter: 87 Bottles of Beer on a Golem
Round 0: ezhuks wins initiative!
Destroy with: divine blowout
Expression evaluation error: Can't take square root of a negative value (zlib.ash, line 162)

So it might as well be a problem with DestroyAllMonsters.

Bale

Minion
The author of DAM now uses WHAM.

It seems highly unlikely that autoBasement could have caused you a problem during combat, so update to WHAM.

morgad

The scrip worked well for a few levels of the basement, but then it kept on giving me this error

Already equipped or not, this message now always comes up and won't continue. Any reason for this and any way to bypass it? I was thinking maybe cause I have double-fisted skull smashing and it was trying to equip two of of them for me?

I also got the same problem this week. and finally traced to the maximizer trying to use two lawn darts (one off-hand, one for disembodied hand) when I only had one.

fixed it by purchasing another cyst ...

edit: scratch that ... problem re-appeared a couple of turns later, maximiser said to equip scatch-and-sniff sword, when I already had it equiped

best regards
Dave

Last edited:

Jar of Jam

Code:
[10511] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 241)
Buffed Moxie Test: 1,982 current, 2,336 needed
Basement level 242: Monster
Searching for "cursed scrunchie"...
Search complete.
Purchasing cursed scrunchie (100 @ 3,950)...
You acquire cursed scrunchie (100)

This is pretty ridiculous. I guess I'll just be stocking on potions and then restricting Mafia to do any shopping in the mall.

Winterbay

Seeing as nothing's changed in the script I'm going to guess that some change or other in Mafia is responsible, and that it's probably not the one that makes it gather things for outfits when it gets out of sync.

I'm running the script now so we'll see if I can run into it and test stuff...

Bale

Minion
Veracity made the change last month:
Revision 11100 said:
r11100 | veracity0 | 2012-06-08 11:04:32 -0400 (Fri, 08 Jun 2012) | 3 lines

When putting on an outfit, retrive the pieces for custom outfits as well as for
normal outfits

Winterbay

Yes, but that should not affect buying several potions when you intend to use 1 and if that makes the script buy 18 pokëmanns when you can only use 3 in an outfit of any kind I may have to report that as a difficult to reproduce bug...

Jar of Jam

The author of DAM now uses WHAM.

It seems highly unlikely that autoBasement could have caused you a problem during combat, so update to WHAM.

I did, and, unfortunately, I get the same error. To be fair, I'm not even sure which thread I should post this in :)

Code:
[10891] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 269)
Encounter: The Beast with 5,044 Eyes
Round 0: ezhuks loses initiative!
You lose 1,396 hit points
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
Expression evaluation error: Can't take square root of a negative value (zlib.ash, line 162)
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

I have the latest version of autoBasement, WHAM and it's support scripts and the latest Mafia build.

Winterbay

Yeah, I got it as well today. The problem is in batbrain (as exemplified in my post there today) which will do an update of all available options no matter what the current monster_stat("hp") is. You can either change batbrain to not do that, by e.g. adding
Code:
if(monster_stat("hp") > 0) build_options();
in the enqueue(advevent)-function or closet all love songs, but I think that is probably not a good solution...

I have locally modified my batbrain in the abovementioned way and it appears to work fine so far...

Edit: That would be on line 1119 in BatBrain.ash

Last edited:

morgad

edit: scratch that ... problem re-appeared a couple of turns later, maximiser said to equip scatch-and-sniff sword, when I already had it equiped

best regards
Dave

the only way I could get past this problem was to fold the sword into a crossbow
(I am running as a DB)

best regards
Dave

Winterbay

Version 3.3 has been uploaded and contains a workaround for outfits getting confused and making the maximizer barf. It adds a few extra server hits, but fewer than constantly rerunning the script when it fails so...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Version 3.3 has been uploaded and contains a workaround for outfits getting confused and making the maximizer barf. It adds a few extra server hits, but fewer than constantly rerunning the script when it fails so...
I appreciate your work. Thank you. Perhaps it is worth reminding people at every opportunity that the update checking for this script does not work even though casual use might suggest otherwise and that the updated code will be in the second post and not necessarily attached to the announcement post.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps it is worth reminding people at every opportunity that the update checking for this script does not work even though casual use might suggest otherwise

That made no sense to me, so I looked into it. I found that Winterbay had the version number string formatted incorrectly in the second post (adding .ash, and check_version() used a capital A while the second post had a lowercase a). I just fixed that so version checking will work.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
That made no sense to me, so I looked into it. I found that Winterbay had the version number string formatted incorrectly in the second post (adding .ash, and check_version() used a capital A while the second post had a lowercase a). I just fixed that so version checking will work.

Thanks. To clarify you changed the web page, not the script, so the 20 of us who may have downloaded the update do not need to redownload it.

Winterbay

Thanks. I've been wondering why it didn't work but never understood it :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. I've been wondering why it didn't work but never understood it :)

More specifically, the first argument of check_version() needs to exactly match the stuff before the space in the bolded version displayed in the thread. So if you really want .ash and a lowercase A, just make it match next time you update the script.

LuxNecronis

Good evening!

First of all, thank you for helping keep this script up to date, it comes in VERY handy for burning adventures when I don't have the time.

I do have one question regarding functionality. Is there any way to set this up so that it sustains custom moods? Running this as a Sauceror is great for potion economy, but when the script doesn't want to use philters of force to pass Gauntlet tests when I have it on my mood is starting to grate on my nerves just the slightest bit.

Is there a setting I'm missing to do this, or is this something that can be added to the script?