autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Theraze

Silly, silly SourceForge. Well, thanks. I'll compare the changes I've made to head, add in the speculative hp based on hee^3's Buffed HP Maximum report, and see how well that works. Also need to tweak the +- melee to be effective instead, and make it use effective whether or not it's caching your outfits.

Think those were the major ones. My other main fails are just WHAM being too conservative - it does quite well when I throw a marinara curse at the start of combat before letting it handle the rest.

But the speculative HP bit is the major one - that's why it never actually equips your parrot or changes your gear for the elemental tests. Might be similar problems in other places, but I'll need to parse through them when I have turns again.

Theraze

Okay, the only tests I'm failing currently up to 452 are stat tests. But I did just successfully automate past the 454 elemental resistance check, so that seems to be going much better. Yay.

Committed two +effective updates and fixed the speculative health check.

Anyone know why everytime I try to run it I get this error and it never actually buffs at all?

"You ran out of restores.
unable to pass elemental test, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 50 adventures. If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value"

Theraze

When there's something it needs. Combined with WHAM, this successfully got my fifth certificate for my characters about two weeks ago.

But change for change's sake is just breaking what works for no real benefit.

relyk

mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => -0.05
Basement level 204: Muscle Test
Maximizing...
3360 combinations checked, best score 1,563.00
Searching for "ph balancer"...
Search complete.

[8702] Deck of Every Card
That card is not currently available.
unable to buff Muscle to 1849, quitting
mpAutoRecovery => 0.2
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.9
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 20 adventures. If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value.

Maximizer fails trying to use Deck of Every Card stat buff when it's already been used. Needs an extra check that cheating for the card was successful.

Theraze

That's the maximizer suggesting a non-available card, as your log shows. You should probably make a mafia FReq that it doesn't suggest things that don't work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Considering that we have no way of knowing what cards are not available until we use the deck and see which ones are missing from the dropdown, that FR would be doomed for rejection.

We don't track what cards you've pulled; since we can't tell what you've done outside of KoLmafia, that's not guaranteed to be accurate.

I suppose we could look at the dropdown when you use the deck and deduce which cards have already been used, if any. If we did that, assuming you can walk away from that choice without consuming a pull - you didn't used to be able to do that, but I submitted a bug report, and even though it was initially rejected (with drama), I think it was fixed - a script could visit the deck before maximizing.

Frankly, I'd be really pissed if a script decided to use my precious deck "cheats" for any reason; I want complete control over what I use them for. If the "maximize" command will use the deck, that's just one more reason for me to not use it.

Theraze

Sure, we can hard-lock avoiding the deck automatically through the maximizer suggests it. What command does it use? Play? Cheat? Draw? Something else? The quote from relyk doesn't make it clear and I don't have any decks.

I got a couple issues. Basically I was running the script fine, but all of a sudden it could never pass the MP drain test since it would never switch to the right outfit or restore my mana. So I deleted the outfits and re-downloaded the script and now every time I run it I just get an error that says "Basement level 222: Monster Passed outfit (Damage) contains fewer than 3 items. Please recheck your inventory."

Bale

Minion
Didn't feel like playing my own way through the Basement after Crimbo this year so I finally used this script to completion for the first time. It worked brilliantly. Thank you.

Theraze

Bale. thanks. If you run into problems, let me know. Still trying to improve, but in general it seems to play very nicely with UR and WHAM to complete quickly and relatively cheaply. Especially in the whole 'time is meat' calculation.

yiff, your problem is that your stats are high enough that it cached your outfits, which it only does (naturally) once per day. And then you deleted them, which does not make it recreate them, it just means that it doesn't have the outfits that it needs anymore and the script will be broken until tomorrow. To fix this remove the cached attribute, by running the following in the gCLI:
set _autoBasementOutfitCached=
This will clear the property, allowing it to recreate the outfits again. It caches the outfits to save server hits, but when you manually break things, you manually break things, so...
It does successfully recover MP if you have some method allowed. I highly suggest using Bale's Universal Recovery if you aren't. But if the script fails to recover MP, that's because you've disallowed recovery methods, not because the script isn't recovering MP when directed.
If you happen to find you have a better +MP set than the saved outfit, because you've gotten some new gear or visited the mall or whatever since the script first ran, you can manually save your new outfit over the existing auto-created outfit as well. I find that happens irregularly, but especically in the higher floor zones it pops through.

Hmm. From looking at OP, looks like we've knocked out most of the potential improvements that had been considered already. Whee.

Last edited:
Bale. thanks. If you run into problems, let me know. Still trying to improve, but in general it seems to play very nicely with UR and WHAM to complete quickly and relatively cheaply. Especially in the whole 'time is meat' calculation.

yiff, your problem is that your stats are high enough that it cached your outfits, which it only does (naturally) once per day. And then you deleted them, which does not make it recreate them, it just means that it doesn't have the outfits that it needs anymore and the script will be broken until tomorrow. To fix this remove the cached attribute, by running the following in the gCLI:
set _autoBasementOutfitCached=
This will clear the property, allowing it to recreate the outfits again. It caches the outfits to save server hits, but when you manually break things, you manually break things, so...
It does successfully recover MP if you have some method allowed. I highly suggest using Bale's Universal Recovery if you aren't. But if the script fails to recover MP, that's because you've disallowed recovery methods, not because the script isn't recovering MP when directed.
If you happen to find you have a better +MP set than the saved outfit, because you've gotten some new gear or visited the mall or whatever since the script first ran, you can manually save your new outfit over the existing auto-created outfit as well. I find that happens irregularly, but especically in the higher floor zones it pops through.

Hmm. From looking at OP, looks like we've knocked out most of the potential improvements that had been considered already. Whee.

I used to use Bale's script but it broke another script I was using a while back so I had to stop, and just used Mafia's built in stuff.

My issue now though isn't that it can't recover MP, it's just that it doesn't switch to the correct outfit at the MP so I can't have high enough MP, or it switchs to the wrong outfit in combat so instead of using moxie like I set it to it keeps using muscle and I die.

Last edited:

Theraze

The combat has been working for me, but... you might want to set your combat stat to Prime instead, to auto-target whatever your class happens to be. It makes a wonderful general choice.

But I'll look into what's going on with manual moxies probably tonight. Not that I expect to see anything different from my current prime selection...