Guide

Winterbay

Oh... *Logs in* *Looks at new menu* *clicks edit image* *geys confused and wishes for an add default links button* *changes back to the drop down menu*

Bale

Minion
I like the charpane going to the top of the page by default. Very nice. Now my game.ash override is reduced to this:

Code:
void main() {
   visit_url().replace_string('<frame name=mainpane src="main.php"></frame>'
      , '<frameset id=center cols="*,319"><frame name=mainpane src="main.php"></frame><frame name=guide src="relay_guide.ash"></frame></frameset>')
      .writeln();
}

Since I know I always want Guide present I don't want to take the trouble of selecting it from the drop-down every time.

Last edited:
FYI, error message when trying to run this the first time in a run after having already completed L4 quest:

Bad item value: "Boss Bat bandana" (relay_Guide.ash, line 5041)

Bale

Minion
Go to line 5041 and change "Boss Bat bandana" to "batskin belt"

This is a result of KoL and KoLmafia's recent updates. Ezandora cannot miss the error so I'm sure it will be fixed soon, but that will help you out while you wait.

Ezandora

FYI, error message when trying to run this the first time in a run after having already completed L4 quest:

Bad item value: "Boss Bat bandana" (relay_Guide.ash, line 5041)

Go to line 5041 and change "Boss Bat bandana" to "batskin belt"

This is a result of KoL and KoLmafia's recent updates. Ezandora cannot miss the error so I'm sure it will be fixed soon, but that will help you out while you wait.

Fixed in 1.1.9. Thanks for the report, I would have missed it for a while.

AlbinoRhino

Hmmm ... I seem to be experiencing some weirdness with this last update.

When I logged in I saw this:

Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release...
C:\Users\dan\kol\mafiaAR\svn\Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release
https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/relay/relay_Guide.ash
https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/relay/relay_Guide.js
At revision 190
Done.

So I assumed I had the most recent version. However, when I tried to run the script I saw this :

Bad item value: "Boss Bat bandana" (relay_Guide.ash, line 5034)

So, I decided to go to the script manager and try the update again, by right-clicking the script name and choosing "update this script". I then saw this:

Validating repo...
Repo validated.
Updating Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release...
C:\Users\dan\kol\mafiaAR\svn\Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release
svn: E155010: The node 'C:\Users\dan\kol\mafiaAR\svn\Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release\relay_Guide.ash' was not found.
Done.

A look at the directory structure shows me that realy_Guide.ash is actually located at :

C:\Users\dan\kol\mafiaAR\svn\Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release\relay\relay_Guide.ash

I can easily make the edit to "batskin belt" but thought I would let you all know.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I suggest that you delete ("svn delete Guide" will do it) and reinstall the script to fix the bad location. I don't know how that could have happened.

Razorsoup

Feature Request: When doing to sea, Guide tells me
Scholar path
Solve the dreadscroll.Clues are from:
Three non-combats in the library. (vocabulary)
Use a mer-kin killscroll in combat. (vocabulary)
Use a mer-kin healscroll in combat. (vocabulary)
Use a mer-kin knucklebone.
Cast deep dark visions.
Eat sushi with mer-kin worktea.

Would it be possible to have Guide tell me which ones I don't have yet? I believe they are stored as settings dreadScroll1, dreadScroll2, ..., dreadScroll8 with a value of zero meaning the clue hasn't been acquired yet and a nonzero value meaning it has. The settings are supposed to correspond like so:
1 - Library book 1.
2 - Healscroll.
3 - Deep dark visions.
4 - Knucklebone.
5 - Killscroll.
6 - Library book 2.
7 - Worktea and sushi.
8 - Library book 3.

Thanks in advance.

Bale

Minion
I'm doing my first softcore run since last year and I just saw the section for "Suggested Pulls" contains MANY items that cannot be pulled in T69. Part of the fault is mine for having so many old softcore toys, but Guide should run everything through is_unrestricted() before recommending it.

Also, the consumable pull recommendations of wrecked generators and moon pies are not T69 viable.

Ezandora

Would it be possible to have Guide tell me which ones I don't have yet? I believe they are stored as settings dreadScroll1, dreadScroll2, ..., dreadScroll8 with a value of zero meaning the clue hasn't been acquired yet and a nonzero value meaning it has.

Added.

I'm doing my first softcore run since last year and I just saw the section for "Suggested Pulls" contains MANY items that cannot be pulled in T69. Part of the fault is mine for having so many old softcore toys, but Guide should run everything through is_unrestricted() before recommending it.

Also, the consumable pull recommendations of wrecked generators and moon pies are not T69 viable.
This is partially written in, but not enabled. is_unrestricted() is not yet available in the latest KoLmafia point release (16.3), which means the script won't run at all if called. Will be enabled on the release of 16.4.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This is partially written in, but not enabled. is_unrestricted() is not yet available in the latest KoLmafia point release (16.3), which means the script won't run at all if called. Will be enabled on the release of 16.4.

Many script writers keep up with daily builds instead of limiting their scripts to point releases. The point releases exist primarily to provide some visibility to the project on sourceforge, but I generally wouldn't suggest that anyone actually use them. Your script will generally be less useful to people if you limit yourself to what is in the latest point release.

Bale

Minion
I understand the point of view that since many people will refuse to use anything after the "official release" that it is cruel to them not to support it.

Siaynoq

I'm getting the error: Bad item value: "white page" (relay_Guide.ash, line 7857)

I looked through the rest of this thread and noticed someone else mentioning it, so I tried all the combinations of top menu and left menu and nothing has worked. I forced an update and made sure KoLMafia was updated as well. I'm on a Mac using Chrome and it's also fully updated. Suggestions?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm getting the error: Bad item value: "white page" (relay_Guide.ash, line 7857)

I looked through the rest of this thread and noticed someone else mentioning it, so I tried all the combinations of top menu and left menu and nothing has worked. I forced an update and made sure KoLMafia was updated as well. I'm on a Mac using Chrome and it's also fully updated. Suggestions?

You need to update mafia from http://builds.kolmafia.us/ rather than from sourceforge (the version there is a few months old now).

As a note to Ezandora, either that needs to be removed, or those functions that aren't in the latest point release could be added.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, Guide was giving me errors about some recent change. The KoLmafia updating of scripts claimed I had the latest version. I know mafia was up to date because I built it from source. I used the Script Manager to uninstall and then reinstall Guide and Guide then worked. There is probably something to be diagnosed and debugged with KoLmafia's support for GitHub (vs. SourceForge) but until that is looked at and resolved the first response to any problem with Guide should probably be to uninstall and reinstall it. Then go for the latest build of mafia. YMMV.

xKiv

FThere is probably something to be diagnosed and debugged with KoLmafia's support for GitHub (vs. SourceForge)

Didn't we already diagnose that there's a broken revision on sourcedorge, and you have to get past that revision (uninstall+reinstall works) to let updates work again?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Didn't we already diagnose that there's a broken revision on sourcedorge, and you have to get past that revision (uninstall+reinstall works) to let updates work again?

There should be no way that a script can be broken that should result in "svn update" failing to actually update it, so I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

Bale

Minion

Except that is not true because I've had this happen to me again recently. And this has nothing to do with sourcedorge.