BatMan Relay -- more info, less clicking

zarqon

Is your semirares.txt up to date? That seems like the kind of error that might happen if not.

The Witchess helper does not show up in the Adventure Again box, because as you mentioned there is no Adventure Again link. It ought to be showing up at the bottom of he fight page, near the link to go back to your chess set. Works for me.

Perhaps both these problems would be solved by a reinstall of BatMan RE. Worth a shot anyway.

Lxndr

Un-installed, then re-installed. And I still do not see the Witchess helper. But the errors disappeared.

Of course, un-installing and re-installing had me lose the changes to fight.ash that were necessary to keep multicab (http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?19907-MultiCAB-Show-an-extra-Combat-Action-Bar) which I'm not going to re-implement at the moment because those changes may have been causing the errors.

PS: Also, batman-RE is suggesting "attack with weapon" as the best option when I'm fighting source agents (and I have all the skills, and 300+ mp). Since that actually does ZERO damage to Source Agents... why does it think it is damaging? Should I let another script author know about this oversight? WHAM also chooses 'attack with weapon' when fighting Agents, so maybe it's them?

Last edited:

Lxndr

I'm assuming the Witchess Helper should show up here?

http://prntscr.com/bnkx88

(this is after the re-install, where the error messages aren't appearing)

Edit: Okay, I just found it. Apparently if I use the 'script' button on the top of the screen, where it looks like a twinkly watch, the helper won't appear. But if I use batman_RE's "hand it over to mafia" button (which probably runs the same script) it DOES appear.

Last edited:

zarqon

Aha. Thanks, I'll investigate that. BatMan RE's automate button is essentially the same as mafia's script button, although it has to take a slightly more convoluted road on the backend to get there. I've always hoped that BatMan RE would be able to fully replace any of the other combat aids people use.

I've found over quite a few ascensions that the Adventure Again box is indispensable, and the Quick Menu is nearly always useful both as a way to blast through fights and as a visual indicator. The Actions Table is arguably the least useful feature -- I tend to only use it when the Quick Menu fails to provide a suggestion or when I want to perform a custom action such as a banisher, yellow ray, or free runaway. But in those cases it is quite useful for quickly locating actions -- especially searching "yellow" or "banish" in the search box), or in difficult boss fights (where actually seeing the cost vs. damage output is extremely helpful). The biggest shortcoming with the table is the lack of support for funkslinging. After locating items in the actions table, you have to tab over to KoL's vanilla form to funksling them. One of the goals is to make using KoL's form unnecessary, so that still definitely needs addressing. At the very least, there could be an option in the table to pre-select said item in KoL's form.

My new computer is blazing fast, but on my former 10-year-old laptop the load time was also a major issue, especially in aftercore (I'd sometimes even disable the script). Now I only notice sluggishness in aftercore, but for all those players without brand new computers I'd imagine load time is still a pretty big negative for using this script. I'm always looking for ways to speed this script up -- especially as the more items/skills KoL adds to the game, the infinitesimally slower it gets.

BatMan RE: A Cautionary Tale

The Quick Menu's key bindings are what makes it so useful, allowing you to plow through zones without using your mouse. But enjoy this feature at your own risk -- I actually wore out the ~ key on the (admittedly cheap rubbish) keyboard I was using. It started triggering '1' instead, which was frustrating to no end as I couldn't find the error in my script. I finally realized what was going on and realized I have a problem. I searched for a BatMan RE Users Anonymous group meeting in my area but the nearest one is at least a plane flight away. So rather than fix myself, I fixed my keyboard. Now I have a proper keyboard and am happily blasting through fights with one finger once more. :)

I'd like to revisit something I previously brought up in the BatBrain thread a month or so ago regarding automatic behavior in the relay browser. It's come back to my attention while doing a different nemesis quest - this time, the turtle tamer one. BatManRE is (correctly, as I understand it) automatically casting 'apprivouseiz la tortue' on french guard turtles without displaying anything at all, which also happens to be bringing me to beat up status. If I understand the wiki correctly, you have to use the skill 5 times, and it is only getting through 4 before running out of health.

The upshot of this is that I don't seem to be able to manually complete the nemesis quest without going out of my way to get more health, simply because I can't perform any healing in the middle of a macro.

What I'm asking for, then, is either for the automatic responses of BatManRe to be made a preference, or for some help in editing my copy to make it stop doing it. I looked to see if I could do it myself, but it's fairly well incomprehensible to me as a novice coder.

Lxndr

So.. um, it looks like un/reinstalling didn't fix the "multiple matches" problem. They seem to only appear after SOME combats. I suspect it might be zone specfiic? I'll see if I can puzzle out a pattern (difficult because these errors only appear in the gcli and don't appear in the logs).

clubmasterflex

The batbrain stopped working for me a few days ago and I'm not sure why. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling batbrain and batbrainRE and neither solved the problem. If I try to run the ash script directly (\svn\batman-re\relay\batman_re.ash), I get the following error:

Expression syntax errors for 'modifier_eval()':
Can't understand songduration-10)/3
Expected ), found (zlib.ash, line 188)

Any help?

clubmasterflex

The batbrain stopped working for me a few days ago and I'm not sure why. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling batbrain and batbrainRE and neither solved the problem. If I try to run the ash script directly (\svn\batman-re\relay\batman_re.ash), I get the following error:

Expression syntax errors for 'modifier_eval()':
Can't understand songduration-10)/3
Expected ), found (zlib.ash, line 188)

Any help?

I think I solved my own problem. Turns out Batman RE was disabled for my character.

I had no idea it could be enabled/disabled for a character. I enabled it and it started working again!

bugmenot2

is there a way to change the keyboard shortcut for the CLI Box? or a link in the interface to make it appear?
Never saw it, want to see and use it :/ <3

(CAB is off, maybe because I have a german keyboard layout? "0" doesn't work for me?! tried to search this thread, but couldn't find a tip ...)

zarqon

@Laser: Your comment reminds me that the Approiveseurre le teutroix auto-response should be moved to SS. I'll do that. Because you don't want to perform actions when DEATH is on the line! As for the other auto-responses, are there any that aren't always desirable?

@bugmenot: There is a way to change the shortcut, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.

• First, go to your relay folder and open batman.js.
  • Un-comment line 204 and save the file. This will make BatMan RE annoyingly update you with the key code every time you push a key.
  • In a fight, push the key you want to use for the CLI Box. Note the key code.
  • Go back to batman.js, re-comment the alert on line 204, and change the '48' on line 217 to the key code you want to use. Save and exit.
Turns out it's not the hardest thing in the world to do either. Enjoy!

Any actions that are currently automatic and do not check player status should be looked into, unless said action affects the fight in some manner such that the opponent can't act immediately afterwards. It's less of a problem for automatic actions that should be single-round, like the earworm thing, but ideally there should never be a point where the player is beaten up because Batman didn't check to see that the player could survive the next round.

Theraze

The autoresponse that's killed me repeatedly is the auto anti-anti-antidote. When my caster isn't QUITE moxious enough to avoid getting poisoned every round in the pyramid or battlefield, but could kill them in one round if they'd just get a chance to do the stupid attack... :)

zarqon

The latest update adds an "Adventure again" type link to the bottom of fights in the past with your Time-spinner (along with telling you how many minutes you have remaining). I was a bit shocked I had to add that link. It's rather a hassle to adventure again otherwise, especially if you have a large inventory.

That's all for now!

zarqon

I was thinking of adding that to KoLmafia itself. It may yet happen.

I -- obviously -- support that idea!

I also found myself slightly disappointed that it wasn't an adventurable location. But alas, the Florists don't lie.

People look at their inventory? I just use chat commands, because looking at my inventory would be pointless.

Do you access your Time-Spinner via chat commands?

zarqon

I never use chat aside from lurking in /trade so was unfamiliar with how chat commands work. I thought they were the same as CLI commands, but evidently there are some differences. That is a good bit easier, but adding the link still means a lot fewer steps.

Lxndr

Not sure what this means:

The string "use 548" is not an integer; returning 548 (BatMan_RE.ash, line 363)

But it doesn't seem to be hurting anything. Just generating an error. Still, I figured it might be worth reporting?

Lxndr

Code:
Bad monster value: "slime1" (relay_Factroid.ash, line 160)

No idea how to fix this, but that's what I'm getting.