volcano_mining.ash - Automate mining of the Velvet/Gold Mine at That 70s Volcano

Cool12309

Now is probably a good time to mention a far easier solution is to just wear something that gives +1 HP regen. You can be beaten up and still mine, you just need at least 1 HP.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Now is probably a good time to mention a far easier solution is to just wear something that gives +1 HP regen. You can be beaten up and still mine, you just need at least 1 HP.

Or just perm that one seal clubber skill that gives 1 HP regen.

Skittius

I'll check after I ascend tonight to see if I have Muskox, if so I'll HC Perm it, if not Seal Clubber is my next run.

Am I the only one having this issue? I really don't want to waste coanco's and everyone else's time if it's a case of "User Error, Replace User" here.

cardern

It seems like the script is freaking out when I run it - I get the following output in perpetuity and no turns spent:

[572] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)

=======================================
| _ | _ | _ | _ | _ | _ |
----------------------------------------

=======================================

coandco

Verify that you can access the mine. That's what it does if the mine page doesn't show you a mine (for example, if you're in a choice adventure or don't have enough hot resist).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One could argue that maybe the script should detect situations like that and abort with an informative message. ;)

coandco

I've now committed changes that a) put the MP restore before HP restore and b) abort when the mine is inaccessible with a helpful message.

AwesomeTed

Love the script! I also got the abort message, I think because it looks for the "cost an adventure" text which doesn't show up if you still have turns of Unaccompanied Miner available. Once I burned my Miner turns it works great. Thanks again for the great script!

coandco

Whoops. I've now updated the script to make it look for something else on the page to verify that it actually got a mine.

Lxndr

For some reason, this threw this error on me:

Code:
Script execution aborted (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sourceforge/kolmafia/webui/MineDecorator): (volcano_mining.ash, line 427)

(Restarting fixed this error)

Last edited:

coandco

Huh. Line 427 is the line where volcano_mining.ash resets the mine and goes to the next one, which shouldn't be causing any issues that I know of. Let me know if it happens again!

xKiv

IIRC, it's also possible for java to throw NoClassDefFoundError if it runs out of (permgen) memory while loading the class's definition (a full stack trace would probably show the underlying error, but it's not exactly obvious anyway)

Lxndr

I have no idea how I broke this:

Code:
> svn checkout https://github.com/coandco/mafia-volcano-mining/trunk/

Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
C:\Users\Dell\Dropbox\Mafia\svn\coandco-mafia-volcano-mining-trunk
svn: E170001: Authentication required for '/github.com:443> GitHub'
SVN ERROR during checkout operation. Aborting...
Done.
Requests complete

coandco

I have no idea how I broke this:

Code:
> svn checkout https://github.com/coandco/mafia-volcano-mining/trunk/

Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
C:\Users\Dell\Dropbox\Mafia\svn\coandco-mafia-volcano-mining-trunk
svn: E170001: Authentication required for '/github.com:443> GitHub'
SVN ERROR during checkout operation. Aborting...
Done.
Requests complete

Hmm. Try using "svn checkout https://github.com/coandco/mafia-volcano-mining/branches/master" instead. GitHub's SVN support is a bit shaky at times.

Lxndr

I guess I did break something:

Code:
> volcano_mining.ash

Saving outfit: Backup
Outfit saved
Putting on outfit: Volcano Mining
Equipment changed.

[883] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sourceforge/kolmafia/webui/MineDecorator): (volcano_mining.ash, line 427)

ETA: And restarting fixed it again, like last time. Wonder why that keeps on happening to me.

Last edited:
If an effect expires and brings your resistance below 15, the script stops, citing a lack of access to the Mine.

This mostly makes sense, but it took me a while to actually realize what was going on, because all the responsible effects were in my always-on mood.
Maybe it should try executing your current mood once and seeing if that fixes it, and only fully abort if it doesn't?

Not that this isn't something that probably deserves to be fixed, but have you considered just having enough on your gear instead? Or are you getting buffs for free from something?