Universal Recovery Script

Muhandes

If I am getting this correctly, you are going to get all preferences from a form you have written instead of the mafia HP/MP usage tab.
I like most of the idea. Getting the preferences regarding what to use from the mafia tab never seemed natural to me, since some of them are ignored. Also, I rarely change them, but when I do I want to know exactly what I am doing. So this gets the thumbs up.
The options part below that is really neat, you can put all sort of personal preferences there in the future (threshold for nuns come to mind, but I'm sure there will be more).
However, the threshold percentages for healing is something I change quite often, and I'm not sure I would like to go to a form to do that. Maybe a relay override for the charpane?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Ohh, wow. Been playing around a lot with Jason's HTML-generator-script? Looks like you converted the HP/MP Usage tab to HTML and added your own section to the bottom -- the Universal Recovery Options seem rather interesting (and could possibly eliminate much of the "bug reports" you get, or simplify debugging, at the very least). Out of curiosity -- does it import current settings (i.e. stuff from Mafia's HP/MP Usage Tab)? I'd assume that it does, unless these options are meant to be separate from normal restoring... although I don't really see how that'd work.

Aside: A bunch of MP-restores are missing (especially the ones that'd be most relevant in-run). Haven't added them in yet, presumably?

Bale

Minion
Actually, the restores that I didn't add are ones that the script will always use. Just like the way UR functions right now, anything not listed will be used if the script likes it.

Yes, it will take use settings from the HP/MP Usage tab. the only problem is that if I update them in the relay browser, then the settings that mafia displays will be incorrect until mafia is logged out and in. So basically you need to use either one or the other.

However, the threshold percentages for healing is something I change quite often, and I'm not sure I would like to go to a form to do that. Maybe a relay override for the charpane?
You can still use the tab in mafia if you prefer. This is mostly just nice for people who use the relay browser a lot (like me) and don't want to go to mafia to change the settings. The section at the bottom is the only part that is relay only.

zarqon

Ridiculously small suggestion. Add a little cell padding to your table -- it'll be a little easier to read with a bit more whitespace between text and borders.

I'd like to point out that the image Bale linked is the entire browser window. No, there are no missing menus or toolbars. Bale and I are not paid by Opera to endorse it, but we wish we were.

Bale

Minion
@fronobulax: Yes, I adore GG. However, if you were hoping that someone would click on the link and become enamored of GG like we are, then you should have linked to this page or perhaps this one. No... definitely this one. Of course, Da Boyz are always fun too.

@zarqon: I added a little padding and it's changed a bit in other ways as well. What do you think of this look?

Click thumbnail to see full browser window.

Of course, people on browsers other than opera will have pesky title bars and menu bars, so they may not be able to see the bottom of the form. Should I put an update button at the top also?

Last edited:

Winterbay

Some of us like to have title bars and menu bars :)
I've never liked the layout of Opera even though I've used it on occasion.

Won't there be a scroll bar if it goes below the bottom edge? I mean I most often don't have my browser maximized anyway so would possibly not see the entire thing even in Opera :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Of course, people on browsers other than opera will have pesky title bars and menu bars, so they may not be able to see the bottom of the form.
Or anyone using less than 1024x768, or anyone not using the full screen for their browser window (probably quite a few mac users). Make it look perfect for yourself of course, but the worst part about making any web page is that the web is so far off from consistent that the best you can really do is make sure it works and doesn't look horrible for the majority of users, most of the time. There's always code for browser detection, or flash stuff, but neither of those apply here, so you kind of just have to accept that a meaningful portion of your users won't see the page quite how you envision it no matter what you try to do to change that.

Bale

Minion
It is assumed that healing skills will always be used if useful. Therefore there is no reason to configure them. Is that bad?

Perhaps I should change the titles of those columns.

Bale

Minion
Perhaps this makes it clearer that healing skills are usable, just not turn-off-able?

I'm thinking of having the options change appropriately when a character is in mallcore mode.

Edit: How does this look for mallcore recovery options?

Hopefully that will stall some bug reports from people who wonder why they cannot turn off some restoratives in mallcore mode!

Last edited:

zarqon

Restores, the Usage of Which You May Disable, As Opposed to the Others, Which Are Always Included in Options