TheSea.ash - Automated Underwater Quests

syrinxlui

I got beaten up, adventured myself to figure out what the problem was, got the stashbox, used it, then restarted the script. Then got this:

You have already completed the Monkee quest.
We need a stashbox before we can talk to Grandpa.

Theraze

Yep. There's nothing in mafia to track when the stashbox gets used and once you've used up the stashbox/map, we're kinda stuck on automating things until you get past it.

Just talk to Grandpa about currents to unlock the Corral. The script will see that it's been unlocked and will move on.

Last night the script stopped after training my skills in the gym. I only had 6 adventures left, so I figured I'd run the fights today. I fired the script up and it maximized and then stopped and did nothing.

I hadn't done any fights in the Colosseum yet, so I manually ran through them and beat each guy (it did have all the skills trained).

Does it do the gladiator path fights? If so, is there something I can do next time to reset the step back to having the skills trained, so it'll try the fights?

The fights were not hard, except mafia messed up on suggesting weapons because I fought one of the nemesis villians in the Colosseum (yeah, how was *he* breathing underwater? ;)) so that caused me a few problems. I ended up using toynado a few times to beat that guy, because it kept saying my dodgeball would be more effective if I wasn't using it as a melee weapon (um, all I did was hit attack...but...whatever). :D

Theraze

That's the way it currently works. It aborts then... once/if mafia shows the right stats for the gladiators without needing the Monster Manuel, we can automate through them. Until then, it's dicey.

Ah, ok. I had probably around 1800 or so in each stat, but maybe I needed more than +250% from the cheaper potions. ;)

I do have the monster manual too, and I think it's quite hilarious at times. I'm glad I picked it up.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
once/if mafia shows the right stats for the gladiators without needing the Monster Manuel, we can automate through them.
You mean like what Darzil added yesterday (6 hours or so before you wrote this) in revision 12849?

Theraze

You mean like what Darzil added yesterday (6 hours or so before you wrote this) in revision 12849?

You did notice that I posted that 2 days ago, not yesterday, right? :)

Mine:
10-09-2013, 10:24 PM #224
Revision 12849:
12849: Stats for Mer-kin gladiators now available, based on current Round.
Stats for Mer-kin gladiators now available, based on current Round.

by darzil on 2013-10-10 11:23:31
And with my time:
Yesterday, 04:42 AM #1

So my post was 6 hours before his, being that it was posted 10/9 at 10pm and the update was committed 10/10 at 4am...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So, TheSea stopped because something thought I could not adventure underwater. Turns out my scuba gear was in slot 1 and that is what was swapped out for the black glass so the report was correct, I couldn't adventure. Fixed by manually swapping which accessory slot had the scuba gear. Just a FYI in case it happens to someone else since I'm not sure the capability to control the slots this carefully exists in KoLmafia and, even if it did, it might not be worth the effort.

Theraze

It does exist, but currently we just use the equip($item) command rather than equip($slot, $item) because we use maximize for most of our bits, and so the scuba might be in any of the slots...

Also, we're now going to try to adventure past the gladiators. May or may not work.

For the next person's benefit, can you add this to the first post? I found it by a quick search in the script, since I wanted to set it back to 'true' (in my pastamancer runs I was just blasting stuff to smithereens manually).

Code:
// Do you want to go through training and automation on the Gladiator quest?
setvar("seafloor_automateGladiators", true);

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I was running TheSea. Went to use the dreadscroll from inventory (because I had forgotten about the dreadscroll command) and luckily guessed at the remaining clue. I then ran TheSea because I could not remember how far it automated and instead of recognizing it was done with the dreadscroll, it started looking for a knucklebone. An opportunity to save operators from error exists.

Theraze

Code:
				if (get_property("dreadScroll4") == "0")
				{
					obtain(1, $item[mer-kin knucklebone], $location[mer-kin library]);
					use(1, $item[mer-kin knucklebone]);
				}
That's the way it already is. Unless your dreadScroll4 is un-set, it doesn't try to get a knucklebone.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I see that mafia sets merkinQuestPath to "scholar". There is nothing in the code to set dreadScroll4 other than using a knucklebone.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. Lost had it and it appears that mafia did not detect that I had guessed the (final) clue via the relay browser and thus finished the scroll.

Theraze

Yeah... I was sure that mafia was smart enough to track when you complete the scroll and it goes away, that you'd guessed the last clue and mark it as such. But apparently I'm misremembering. :(

When I'm not on this 'vacation' thing that just means I get less sleep in a less comfortable bed and get crankier, I'll try to test for the dread scroll more fully.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The question becomes "did mafia correctly detect and record that the dreadscroll was completed"? If yes then perhaps TheSea could check for that and act accordingly.