Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Zen00

Here's my changes for your review.

https://github.com/Zen00/AutoSlime2.0/commit/36c4f347f39dd061887054b5bb63fc6e2bfaf867

Changelog:

*Updated the HTML to be a little more centered for smaller browsers
*Removed the familiar spleen items get option as it was underutilized/out-dated
*Fixed hot-tub/chamois handling (no more double dipping, thus wasting your hot tub uses)
*Added mood support
*Properly changes MCD and removes ur-kel (if you have the skill) during low/high ML cycles
*Updated the list of tatter-likes to include a few new ones (as many as I could find with free-runaway chance on the wiki)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Looks nice. Hopefully Alhifar will see it soon. It's been about 2 weeks since he last logged in here so he's about due. He's not very active these days, but he does still pay some attention.

I've got one comment though. If you ever want to get a script released on KoLmafia's SVN installation you should put it on SourceForge, not GitHub . While GitHub might be great for git, unfortunately their SVN implementation is a little buggy and occasionally causes trouble for KoLmafia when it tries to update from their service.

Zen00

Sounds good, I need to bother uploading my Harvest script changes as well (once I figure out why the relay screen isn't working) and put some more stuff in it (I'm hoping to integrate CI/Dinsey dailies) and such.

Alhifar

As soon as I get svn set up again I'll try to get that uploaded. If anyone's interested in taking over the script, let me know and I can get you added to the repository.

Zen00

You might as well add me on, though I doubt there are any new changes that will need to be made anytime soon.

Hermeus

Total noob issues and question.

I can not get the command "call relay_slime 0" or "call relay_slime 100" to use any turns in the slime tube. I believe that I have installed the script correctly and it auto installed its dependencies. Any advice is appreciated.

Bale

Minion
It's a relay script. Take a look at the relay browser. Specifically, check out the top menu pane. In the lower-right hand side of the top menu there is a drop-down menu. Select Slime from the drop-down and you'll be able to figure out what to do next.

Hermeus

Thank you for the information it put me on the right track to load the script.

Now I am getting the flowing error after it runs for several rounds. "Slime removal failed! You won't survive another turn!" I find this to be odd as I have chamoix in the bucket. If I wait a moment I can rerun the script for another 3-4 rounds then I will get the same error.

Thank you for your time

LostDreams

Not to necro this thread, but I am finding myself having this same error. I have to click the refresh option each time it removes the slime effect so that I can run the script again.

You lose an effect: Coated in Slime (0)
Slime removal failed! You won't survive another turn!

Any suggestions?

Not to necro this thread, but I am finding myself having this same error. I have to click the refresh option each time it removes the slime effect so that I can run the script again.

You lose an effect: Coated in Slime (0)
Slime removal failed! You won't survive another turn!

Any suggestions?

I can confirm that this still seems borked. Any fix ideas out there?

jhusdhui

Last edited:

redski

Ok. I think I figured out what was going on.

Zen00 has posted an updated script in his post here, but it has not made it to the SVN yet. http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2596-Slime-Tube-Adventuring-Script&p=124546&viewfull=1#post124546

Anyhow grab his script and then go into your kol directory.
Go to the relay sub-folder.
Find slime_relay.ash and open it with a text editor.
Replace everything there with Zen00's script.
Restart KolMafia and you should be ready to roll.

I was getting the same problem. So I did all this and still have it. Any suggestions please? I have already turned off hot tub.

Bale

Minion
Zen00 has posted an updated script in his post here, but it has not made it to the SVN yet. http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2596-Slime-Tube-Adventuring-Script&p=124546&viewfull=1#post124546

Alhifar has granted me write access to the sourceForge repository. If anyone would make a DIFF file of the differences between Alhifar's script and Zen00's fork, I would be grateful. After I get done being so grateful, I'll update this script. If nobody does that, I'll get around to it anyway, so no pressure.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Alhifar has granted me write access to the sourceForge repository. If anyone would make a DIFF file of the differences between Alhifar's script and Zen00's fork, I would be grateful. After I get done being so grateful, I'll update this script. If nobody does that, I'll get around to it anyway, so no pressure.
Attached. You might want to review the changes to see if you agree with them.

Attachments

• slimetube.patch
    11 KB · Views: 33

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I noticed Zen00's fork decides to use a hair spray in the middle of removing Coated in Slime. It also removes handling for getting familiar drops, which admittedly I never used, as well as handling for run_type (nodule vs larva). I also disagree with the order in which the list of free runaways is listed, as preferably quest items should be listed first, followed by the rest sorted by either expected cost per runaway or simply expected quantity needed.

Most of the other changes are just CSS, though, and I don't have particularly strong opinions about the support for a custom mood. I haven't dealt with the slime tube in over a year, although I imagine it's much cheaper these days with the increased sources of -ML and +ML.

Bale

Minion
I'm not inclined to remove the spleen familiar switching, however I think that the code needs a work-over since mafia now has standardized handling for that. Mostly I don't see a need to remove features, except for the properties goodkitty and badkitty. Those are just a relic of earlier code (pre-vars) which no longer belongs in the script.

I noticed Zen00's fork decides to use a hair spray in the middle of removing Coated in Slime..

I've been looking at that and wondering, WTF? Any clue?

Last edited:
I think the hair spray buying needs to be removed. If you are doing slime tube your moxie should be high enough. I have this Zen's version of script working fine but I use a custom mood and WHAM for the CCS other people seem to have problems with combat and dying.