Skill/CS planner

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That page has a command that can be copy-pasted to actually check out the script, giving
Code:
svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/mafia-cs-planner/svn/

Lxndr

Okay, I think this will work now:

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/mafia-cs-planner/svn/

can anyone uninstall the planner and try this and let me know if it works for y'all?

ETA: Now I have to figure out how to make it fill out the "authors" "description" and the "category" parts of Mafia's Script Manager.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't know why that checkout failed for you. The svn URL works just as well as the http URL (for me at least). I prefer the http URL because then I can actually look at the code for scripts without installing it or trying to search sourceforge to find the script.

Lxndr

Okay. So I'm using this TortoiseMerge thing to commit. How do I add commit comments?

Also what witchery do I need to perform to fill out the 'authors' 'description' and/or the 'category' part of Mafia's Script Manager?

Lxndr

So, sorry to report but won't be updating the pastebin.

Just uninstall sapling's broken googlecode Planner and reinstall mine.

Code:

if Sapling comes back and expresses interest in maintaining this again I'll happily bow out.

Lxndr

Last edited:

Lxndr

The next task I'm setting for myself is to figure out why it doesn't detect skills that are out-of-Standard for the current player (if you use the compare tool to compare between your profile and another profile, it will detect THEIR nonStandard skills so there must be a way).

Lxndr

So it looks like it uses "charsheet.php" for the user, and compares to "showplayer.php" so I guess I need to figure out how to make this script use showplayer in the former case?

theo1001

I guess it won't work if you have chosen to hide your skills on the privacy settings but i can't think of any other problems.

Lxndr

So I've added the gallons of milk trophy. and the new Software Bug familiar.

Remember I'm not updating the pastebin, I'm just updating this:

Code:

Lxndr

This script is supposed to color skills you happen to have, but are un-permed, a different color than the permed skills.

I just noticed that it's not coloring un-permed skills anymore.

I have no idea where in the code that happens. I'm trying to figure it out, but I'm mostly a data-file manager, not a code-manager.

I'm sorry, everyone!

Jt

Does this not look in my display case? Also no skills are showing up, is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks!

Lxndr

It looks at your public profile (for skills), your profile options (for tattoos), and your trophy case (for trophies).

Do you have your skills hidden on your profile? That might be why your skills aren't showing up.

zarqon

I also have my skills hidden, so since installing to Lxndr's version, all my skills are grayed out. Not that we're voting, but I'd like to add a vote for going back to checking charsheet.php.

Appreciate your work in keeping this current, by the way. I use it fairly regularly to check which familiars I haven't taken for a 100% run, and which outfits I still need. I have to use a different script for skills though.

EDIT: This was my 3,333rd post, made at 11:44. Haha!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think the problem is that some skills show up on showplayer.php that don't show up on charsheet.php. That's probably just bookshelf skills that are autoperm, so have_skill() would give all the info, but it would require some code changes. (I say this without ever having used this script or looking at the code, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Lxndr

It's a Standard thing.

It's definitely not just bookshelf skills.

non-Standard skills don't show up on charsheet.php if you're in a Standard-restricted run.

If I knew how to change the code to make it use have_skill(), I'd do that. It definitely would take some massive code changes.

But switching back to charsheet from showplayer is simple - I asked about that earlier in the thread, and there wasn't really a lot of objection. I don't really mind switching back, although it makes actual "planning" tough in-run.

If I could add a toggle so that it'd check charsheet.php if someone's privacy settings were set - I'd do that. I think I can do that easily, if I knew how to make Mafia check that option.

Here's the relevant code snippet (I think):

Code:
 string b=visit_url("showplayer.php?who="+my_id());
 b=substring(b,b.index_of("height=1"));

I just need code to replace:

with something along the lines of:

if(skills_options=private)
string b=visit_url("charsheet.php");
else

Is there a mafia preference that checks that. If not, how can I check that in this code?

I've got to ask: what in the world is the motivation for hiding skills from your public profile? I don't understand that particular decision.

Jt

I did have my skills hidden, I updated that. I do have a lot of familiar hatchlings in my display case any way to look for them?

Love that you are keeping the script up to date.

Thanks!!