Scripting the birth of a new life.

Bale

Minion
Thanks. It works very differently from the previous two class path. Surprise. Those numbers are actually the skill numbers for the skills 14001-14038, skipping every 9 and 0 in there. Simple enough. More complicated is the fact that the skills are in a scrambled order which has little to do with the necessary order of acquisition and is inconsistent. Urgh. Simple enough to implement, but tedious.

Please let me know if the new version works properly. I will appreciate the testing.

Updated newLife to v1.12.1

• Automatically learn all Jarlsberg skills
  • New Giant's Castle quest.

Bale

Minion
I can understand why someone would want to get that accordion later, rather than before turn 1 when meat is scarcer and could be needed for MP to summon cooking ingredients. It doesn't hurt to wait so no accordion for Jarlsberg.

Updated newLife to v1.12.2

• No accordion for Jarlsberg
  • Minutiae to make stuff work better

Last edited:

Kamui

Seems to be a slight bug, it tried to grab all the skills when I only start with 29/32 skill points. Not a huge issue, but it got all the skills except the side branches on the dessert path, so I'm without Best Served Cold until Lv 2. Again, not a big problem, but figure you probably wanted it brought to your attention.

psly4mne

Seems to be a slight bug, it tried to grab all the skills when I only start with 29/32 skill points. Not a huge issue, but it got all the skills except the side branches on the dessert path, so I'm without Best Served Cold until Lv 2. Again, not a big problem, but figure you probably wanted it brought to your attention.

Same just happened to me at 23 skills, while I was in the middle of getting the correct skills manually. Now I'm without Cream Puff/Chocsphere, Potatomus, and Never Late. I'm pretty annoyed about this right now.

Bale

Minion
That pretty serious. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'm going to try to fix the problem anyway. Someone, please tell me if this works or doesn't work.

Updated newLife to v1.12.3

• Fix Jarlsberg skill learning.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The page layout must have changed. When the script is updated, perhaps check for unassigned + assigned == 32 rather than > 31, since Jarlsberg stops getting skill points once he has enough for all the skills.

Bale

Minion
It is likely that the page layout was changed. My suspicion is that my method for detecting unassigned points is what failed and now detects a lot more than it should, so I simply no longer try to detect it. I'll investigate it in a few days. In the meantime it seems too dangerous a bug so I've simply removed the most likely source of trouble.

Anyway, your suggestion is weird and pointless since 32 is always greater than 31.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
But so is 50 or 80 or whatever the script was picking up, and those values would not have triggered skill-collecting if the check was == 32. It would have failed to grab skills for people with all of them, but that's a much smaller issue.

Bale

Minion
So that's what you were thinking! Still, if that's correct then your method would always fail since the number will be greater than 32 when it should learn the skills. Better to skip the assigned check altogether. It's a little less robust, but at least it will work.

Bale

Minion
Updated newLife to v1.14

• Recognize BIG! path.

Does anything else need to be done for the sake of "BIG!"? Suggestions welcome.

Bale

Minion
Updated newLife to v1.14.1

• In BIG! it is always better to skip a noncombat, rather than level mainstat. Please tell me if I missed any.

Bale

Minion
Updated newLife to v1.14.2

• In BIG! Choice 105 in the bathroom can be skipped rather than getting myst stats.