One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

tgetgel

Ok. So I got the molybdenum hammer in the relay browser.

It looks like I had to let the batwinged gremlin attack me first. So I unequipped my weapon. I turned off the auto attack. I ditched my familiar. I shrugged any buff that gave damage. I had to figure out how to pass an attack round without attacking the gremlin. The turtle totem was out since it does 1 point of damage. On a whim, I used the hand mirror and got 7 turns of bad luck when it broke. Luckily though, the first batwinged gremlin that I did this on whipped out the hammer, so I used the magnet and voila!

I am sure that there are other items that deal no damage, but since I had 2 mirrors, and they do not directly do damage, I chose it.

Mystery not solved, just worked around.

I put a weapon back on and equipped a grinning turtle familiar. This set up worked with Wossname.ash for the wrench on the first turn and the screwdriver after a few turns.

Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
You are right that not all gremlins carry a molybdemum item (even if they are the correct type). What you need to do is survive until they pull the weapon out on you (or fly at your head, thereby showing they don't have the item at all). At that point, mafia will recognise them as having the item and the magnet will do its magic.

You can use turtle totems, seal teeth, etc. Keep your weapon on.

tgetgel

What you need to do is survive until...

The problem I was having was that the gremlin was not surviving long enough! I had to get rid of everything that could attack/damage it, except my weapon as you stated, then use something else during the first round that did not figure as an attack against it.

I could survive them, they could not survive me! (My fists were doing 78 + 15 and my familiar was doing 90.)

In retrospect, I wonder - would have worked if they always had the initiative? I mean equip everything I could to get a negative Initiative bonus and let them go first.

Any thoughts?

Rinn

Developer
You have auto attack enabled in the kol settings, and that attack is strong enough to one hit kill gremlins, so the script never had a chance to make you stasis.

[28031] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: A.M.C. gremlin
Round 0: e85 wins initiative!
Round 1: e85 attacks! (auto-attack)
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 20 Muscularity Points
You gain 59 Meat
You gain 22 Fortitude
You gain 8 Magicalness
You gain 13 Cheek

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
The problem I was having was that the gremlin was not surviving long enough! I had to get rid of everything that could attack/damage it, except my weapon as you stated, then use something else during the first round that did not figure as an attack against it.

I could survive them, they could not survive me! (My fists were doing 78 + 15 and my familiar was doing 90.)

In retrospect, I wonder - would have worked if they always had the initiative? I mean equip everything I could to get a negative Initiative bonus and let them go first.

Any thoughts?
Are you using SmartStasis like suggested in the first post?

tgetgel

You have auto attack enabled in the kol settings, and that attack is strong enough to one hit kill gremlins, so the script never had a chance to make you stasis.

That is part of what I figured out. I assumed that the script would have changed that. I do not know if that is even within the ASH capability.

zarqon

tgetgel: The reason it didn't work for you is that your auto-attack was on. You should not have your auto-attack on when using a CCS. Usually mafia automatically turns off auto-attack when you use a CCS so I'm not sure why yours was on. SmartStasis was only handling your combats after your auto-attack already happened, and like you said, you were mostly one-hit-killing them.

zarqon

I'm curious how do you switch it from doing certain kinds of flyering? Right now it's attempting to do HitS instead of gmob like I'm used to it doing and that's the kicker because I never open up the HitS.

If you want the script to always do GMoB, you have two options:

1) Convince the script's decision-maker that GMoB is better. You can do this by getting your star items. You may also need to go say "Guy Made of Bees" once or twice before rerunning the script.

2) Edit the script. The easiest way to do that would be to change line 395 (or thereabouts, not sure if our versions are identical) from this

Code:
   if (gmob_hits()) do_gmob(); else do_hits();

to this:

Code:
   do_gmob();

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'll go the second route, thanks!
I only ever open HitS except in hardcore so it's never the best option. You might want to write in a check to see if you can even get into HitS tho.

JonD

The script keeps telling me I don't have a NPZR which I understand since I honestly don't have one, but it keeps stopping so I was wondering where I would have to edit something so it doesn't keep looking for a NPZR that isn't there?

zarqon

There is a file which contains all of your OCW settings (and settings for a lot of my other scripts, if you happen to use them). This file is called vars_myname.txt, and is either in your scripts directory or your data directory. If it's in your scripts directory, you can safely move it to your data directory, to avoid it needlessly cluttering your scripts menu.

If you open that file in a text editor, such as Notepad, you will see that "ocw_f_default" is set to "Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot." You can and should change this (and whatever other settings you want) to your preferred battlefield familiar.

This is described in slightly greater detail in the first post.

icdmize

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I keep getting this error whenever I run Wossname.ash on the first step:
Server www3.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from bigisland.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

JonD

When I run the script it keeps trying to complete the lighthouse quest, but the quest is done as the lobsterfrogmen won't drop the barrels and the keeper gives me the completed message. What am I doing wrong?

StormCrow42

When I run the script it keeps trying to complete the lighthouse quest, but the quest is done as the lobsterfrogmen won't drop the barrels and the keeper gives me the completed message. What am I doing wrong?

To get around this, visit the lighthouse a few times in the relay browser and mafia will figure out you've completed the quest and flag it. Then OCW will move on.

Bale

Minion
KolMaia will specifically keep track of hippies and frats killed, while not counting Feast of Boris monsters, El Dia de Los Muertos Borrachos monsters or rock monsters encountered on the Battlefield.

In other words: Yes, it will work.