One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

dj_d

When using deodorant for mcmilliancudy it doesn't appear to check if you already have the effect. And for some reason, when I ran it, aborted it, and re-ran it (for the first time in an ascension), it used another deodorant when I had one active. Can't figure out why that was, though

dj_d

That was a little unclear. Let me try again.
I observed the problem when trying to start the war.
Looking at the sources, it appears that you're doing the right thing there, so I'm not sure why it happened.
However (again looking at sources) it appears that the right thing isn't done for mcmilliancudy.
HTH. :)

dj_d

Another random question - why use deodorant for wossname, when rock salt is generally cheaper in the mall?

zarqon

@dj_d: Thanks for pointing out the problem with unchecked deodorant usage in the McMillicancuddy sidequest. That is fixed and improved in the latest update, in addition to stripping out the common functions as part of the fairly exciting (for me) transition over to using a common function library.

The reason I selected deodorant rather than rock salt is that the script is designed for HC as well as SC. HC characters are quite unlikely to have rock salt during this quest...

Also note that although the sidequests specify deodorant rather than rock salt, use_upto() will use whichever of the two you have more of. SC characters may just want to buy chunks of rock salt before running OCW.

dj_d

Aha. Throwing an "acquire 1 rock salt" in will probably work too, since I believe it'll NOP if you have it and just fail if you're in HC.

nelix

I see some functionality got moved from the OCW into zlib which is awesome in working towards more maintainable and easy to understand scripts.

Just one idea, have the settings for the OCW (and other scripts) obtained from a function in another file. I have been using diff to merge changes and I like doing it to follow the script as it changes, but still I figure this would be a good idea?

Thanks

Bale

Minion
Also note that although the sidequests specify deodorant rather than rock salt, use_upto() will use whichever of the two you have more of. SC characters may just want to buy chunks of rock salt before running OCW.

Why not just use cli_execute("use either 1 rock salt or 1 deodorant");

zarqon

Wow, I didn't know either of those existed. I try to script entirely in ASH and haven't followed additions to the CLI in a while. Cool!

JonD

I think I might be doing something wrong. When the script is running for the Junkyard, it isn't getting the first tool I need. I changed my ccs indicated on the first page, I have zlib, first things first, and smartstatis. I have custom combat script selected as the action type, what else am I missing?

Braska

Hate to bring back an old topic/bug, but I think some of the warplans need to be reworked.
I don't know how many do this, but I used frat-5-beta for my main warplan, as it is the quickest was to complete level 12. (For me) Problem is, it never, EVER, finishes the war for me. After it finishes the nuns, I get a message saying that all steps have been completed, but there are still undefeated hippies, check warplan for errors. I've tried correcting the problem myself, but I just can't figure it out.

It's not a big deal, just have to set mafia to burn through 25-ish adventures on the battlefield, I just hate seeing a script so beautiful abort on me without finishing up :p

Bale

Minion
That should be a comma, not "or", separating the options.
Another possibility: cli_execute("up Fresh Scent");

Thank you. It shows how rarely I use CLI. I always end up needing to correct my syntax when I do that. :eek: Mostly I just let mafia use the correct syntax for either when it automatically fills in my mood for fresh scent.

Raven434

My familiars are not being changed. OCW is not picking my hobo monkey for the nuns. Nor a non-combat familiar when I am at the Gremlins. No familiar switches at all.

Build is 7398.

Woss 1.5.3. New Zlib. New SS and FTF.

Here is the top half of my wossname.ash.
// USER VARIABLES //

string warplan = "hippy-6-heart"; // filename of your default battle plan

// ------ Familiars ------

boolean is_100_run = false; // IF TRUE: no familiar swapping
string f_default = "Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot"; // battlefield/default familiar to use

// sidequest familiars -- leave blank to use default
string f_arena = "";
string f_lighthouse = "";
string f_junkyard = "baby gravy fairy"; // non-combat familiar - don't kill the gremlins early
string f_farm = ""; // if blank, OCW will use your best fairy-type

// ------ Outfits ------

string o_default = "War"; // default outfit to use

// sidequest outfits -- leave blank to use default
string o_orchard = "";
string o_nuns = "";
string o_arena = "";
string o_lighthouse = "anti-gremlin";
string o_junkyard = "anti-gremlin";
string o_farm = "";

// ------ Moods ------

string m_default = "farming_items"; // default mood to use

// sidequest moods -- leave blank to use default
string m_orchard = "";
string m_nuns = "";
string m_arena = "";
string m_lighthouse = "";
string m_farm = "";

// ------ Post-war Variables ------

// I'd recommend you scroll down and adjust which items you'd like to
// keep/turn in for dimes/quarters after the war is over (starts line 155-ish).

boolean change_to_meat = true; // IF TRUE: will use your change (quarters
// and dimes) to maxbuy the 1000-meat-autosell
// item from each camp, then autosell it.
// IF FALSE: will break for you to go
// spend your change yourself.

// ------ Nuns Sidequest Variables ------

boolean nunspeed = true; // IF TRUE: boosts meat drop rate which
// results in much faster quest completion
// but less personal meat gain
// IF FALSE: boosts personal meat

Thanks.

Last edited:

Raven434

No clue.

Killed Mafia.

It bugchecked with a out of memory heap error.

Restarted it and it completed fine.

Bizzare.

JonD

I think I might be doing something wrong. When the script is running for the Junkyard, it isn't getting the first tool I need. I changed my ccs indicated on the first page, I have zlib, first things first, and smartstatis. I have custom combat script selected as the action type, what else am I missing?

jameZ

Just wanted to say I love this script. I am a new user when it comes to scripts but this helps out greatly during ascending. Thanks alot! Let me know if there are some great ascending scripts like this that are set to pretty much ascend for you.

jameZ

I dunno what happened but the script didnt start where it left off last rollover and I keep getting an error in the orchard cus I already cleared it. Im supposed to be on the nun quest now. So any help?

zarqon

@Raven: Hmmm... what does your bestfamiliars.txt look like? Do you have a NPZR and a baby gravy fairy? Familiar switching is working for me.

@JonD: Hmmm... are you sure you have followed the install instructions for SmartStasis / FTF correctly? Your custom combat script (Adventure tab / Custom Combat tab) needs to specify using SmartStasis.

@jameZ: Sounds like you used the script on multiple computers -- or deleted/moved your mafia installation. (Note the big red warning in the first post.) Mafia records your IsleWar progress as you adventure, and OCW uses this information. If your settings file is lost or outdated, OCW will not have an accurate picture of your progress. At this point, you need to manually repair your settings file.

I'm running the script on KoLmafia 13.3.1 on my bad moon multi. It worked fine until the junkyard quest, when this happened:
Waiting completed.
Conditions list cleared.
Step 11: Junkyard sidequest
You need 1 more purple snowcone to continue.
You need 1 more purple-frosted astral cupcake to continue.
Mood swing complete.
Putting on Backup...
Equipment changed.
Visiting Yossarian...
You need 1 more orange candy heart to continue.
getting ...
You need 1 more (unknown item 0) to continue.
Conditions list cleared.
[none] has no matches.
Unable to complete step 11
Restoring initial settings...
OCW stopped.

I tried updating my data, it didn't help. What's going on?