Make.meat.fast

jasonharper

Developer
Um, no... adding strings concatenates them, so that would be the same thing as:
cli_execute("fold stinky cheese diapermaximize advwang");
...which is exactly as meaningless as it looks. You'd need to use separate cli_execute() lines for each command.

Um, no... adding strings concatenates them, so that would be the same thing as:
cli_execute("fold stinky cheese diapermaximize advwang");
...which is exactly as meaningless as it looks. You'd need to use separate cli_execute() lines for each command.

Ah. I was basing the +'s and such off an earlier edit that makes it equip the cheese eye. Thanks for the correction.

So to triple check the part that used to just be

Code:
cli_execute("maximize adv");

Now reads:

Code:
cli_execute {
   Unequip stinky cheese eye
   fold stinky cheese diaper
   maximize adv
   wang
}

That's correct and will fold my cheese eye into a cheese diaper then maximize adventures and then wang me, yes? I'm always worried I'm going to leave off some closing symbol and cause the script to loop.

In a related note if I want the script to fold the diaper into the eye when I first run it have I inserted the command in the correct spot and worded it the correct way?

Code:
outfits["maximize meat drop +equip cheese eye"] = true;
if (true) //change to "false" to skip (for faster testing)
{ cli_execute 
unequip cheese diaper
fold cheese eye;
  outfits["maximize item drop +equip cheese eye"] = true;

Thanks for all your help and the correction of my rudimentary attempts to alter the code into something that works a little better for my needs.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Would the correct way to make it fold the diaper and wang me be to change that to "cli_execute("fold stinky cheese diaper" +"maximize adv" +"wang");" (wang being the alias that either buys or constructs a wang then uses it on me)?

Not exactly. You need to input a string to cli_execute() that is the same as what you would type in the gCLI. To type all those commands on the same line in the gCLi, you would type:
Code:
fold stinky cheese diaper; maximize adv; wang
with ; between commands. What you would be executing is the concatenation of the strings "fold stinky cheese diaper", "maximize adv" and "wang". That would be the same as executing
Code:
fold stinky cheese diapermaximize advwang
in the gCLI (wich it would of course not understand).

What you want is cli_execute("fold stinky cheese diaper; maximize adv; wang");

EDIT: eh, I hadn't checked if there was another page of thread :D

What you want is cli_execute("fold stinky cheese diaper; maximize adv; wang");

I changed it to the more compact way of writing it. Just out of curiosity would the way I had it written before (by which I mean the way I showed it written in post 362) take longer because it has to stop and call cli_exicute at every instance or does it just take up more space in the document?

slyz

Developer
maybe theoretically, but I don't think you would ever know the difference.

EDIT: code isn't written only for the computer to read. Clear code (ie, seperating the cli_executes), is also good.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
If you want to emphasize clear code, then it would be written like this:

Code:
cli_execute {
   fold stinky cheese diaper
   maximize adv
   wang
}
No need to have extra cli_executes to clutter the visual space. Not even an extraneous quote or semi-colon to interfere with the complete CLI experience.

Last edited:
Well my edits work perfectly and I no longer have to worry about forgetting to fold and equip the cheese eye, forgetting to change it back to the diaper, or spamming up chat with the sword of inappropriate prepositions. I'd recommend the edits to anyone who was having these same problems. In order for the wang command to work you need to alias wang by copy pasting the following command (courtesy of FN Ninja in another thread) into your CLI.

Code:
alias wang => ashq retrieve_item(1,$item[wang]); string name; if("%%" == "") name = my_name(); else name = "%%"; string page = visit_url("curse.php?action=use&pwd&whichitem=625&targetplayer="+name);

This will cause mafia to purchase a wang from the mall or make one from letters in your inventory purchasing missing letters if needed whichever is cheaper then use it on you whenever the word wang is typed into the cli or called by a script.

Last edited:
That alias was actually created by slyz, Bale and I (mostly Bale) just improved upon it. And now, if you are using rev8071 or later you can change the ash in that alias to ashq to eliminate the unwanted return void message that it outputs.

If anyone has made the same changes in the code as me to better facilitate stinky cheese usage it looks like update 8080 necessitates a unequip stinky cheese (diaper or eye) before the fold commands. It's no longer folding items I'm wearing. I'm going to go back and edit that post, can someone go back and make sure I didn't screw up the new addition to the code?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Those with exactly one stinky cheese item would like the original better, since there is no ambiguity about which item to fold. Those with multiple equipped items probably did not like having the one they wanted to keep in its current form get unequipped and squished. In fact, I know for a fact that they did not like it.

I thought a lot about it, but was unable to come up with a "mind reading" algorithm which would always pick the correct item. So, instead, we have the New Way, where the user has complete control over which item gets squished.

Deal with it - by writing a teeny script, perhaps - or supply me with code that does mind reading and always satisfies everybody. Your choice.

halfvoid

i had three. i equipped all three as cheese eyes, even though it wasn't optimal. so it was easier to just hit fold 1 cheese diaper and maximize adv when i had used all my adventures.

halfvoid

Hey, no personal reflection on the person who changed it. Just saying for how i used it, the original implementation worked better for me. Maybe a switch in the (character_name)_vars.txt file would be another option?

Take_Pills

I'm running this script for the first time. It works well for a while, eating correctly then adventuring down to 0 adventures in a well-calculated zone. But then, on both of my accounts, it gets a "You can't wear that outfit" error and then terminates without ever drinking or using spleen items. Has this problem been addressed?

morgad

that would most likely be the "outfit ("Pajamas");" near the end of the script
which is now obsolete due to the new maximize code in Mafia. Here is what the end of my copy of farm.ash looks like
Code:
//    outfit ("Pajamas");

//get winklered
    visit_url("postwarisland.php?action=concert&pwd&option=2");

//get friar's bonus
    cli_execute("friars blessing food");

//Overdrink
    eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(),
	     true,max(500, results[0].meat),5,1,1000,false);
    //use up nuns
  //  cli_execute("cast * leash");
boolean foo = cli_execute("maximize MP"); 

cli_execute("nuns");
    cli_execute("nuns");
    cli_execute("nuns");
boolean temp = cli_execute("maximize Adventures"); 

}
  print("All done!  Goodnight.");
}
(commented out pajamas and burning up MP using leash, add max MP before nuns. Let Mafia auto-burn use all skills, not just leash)

Dave

Last edited:
Suddenly I'm getting the error "main method must appear at top level (farm.ash, line 811)" when I run farm.ash

The changes I've made are in post 362 and I don't think they're the cause. I'm running daily build 8094.

Help please?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
That's an indicator that a set of braces ({}) was not closed. I don't have farm.ash, so I can't pinpoint a specific line.

Although, if your edits are these:
Code:
outfits["maximize meat drop +equip cheese eye"] = true;
if (true) //change to "false" to skip (for faster testing)
{ cli_execute 
unequip cheese diaper
fold cheese eye;
  outfits["maximize item drop +equip cheese eye"] = true;
// You'd just need to add a } here.

Hopefully that helps?

Last edited: