Make.meat.fast

Bale

Minion
It is amazing how much faster this script runs after revision 7724. That update was perfect for a script that reiterates and reiterates and reiterates. It's like a whole new script now.

Braska

Love the speed of this script after the update, and love the decision making ability. (Open with praise, before going negative.)

This script, while working well with adventuring, does not stop and sell off only the items that were farmed during it's course. I didn't notice until it was too late, that the script sold off all of my reserves of base booze. After watching the print-out at the end of farming, I saw that not only is it selling off my booze, but also what *appear* to be random items out of my inventory.

Is this a built in inventory clean-out function? Or is the script misbehaving? While I don't miss the feathers from ducks that were sold off, I did have use for the booze. I really hate feeling like everything I post lately is a problem report.

Please, understand that I do appreciate you and all the developers of mafia and it's scripts. I merely want a better understanding of what is going on.

halfvoid

two problems. Farm.ash tries to farm the island war after its already been completed and more importantly, it tries to farm the island war with the best possible item or meat equipment, thereby not allowing you to enter the war since you don't have either sides outfit on.

It did the same for me, Braska. It comes from the fact that it tries to sell "*" quantity of an item, rather than the number that was gained during that adventures. If you have dook feathers, I suppose it ASSUMES you have farmed the dooks (even if you can't, like in my case).

On a side note, I am seriously amazed at the difference it made to upgrade to the latest Mafia build. The script went from taking roughly 30 minutes (I have a fast machine) to taking 20 seconds. Great work, thanks and congratulations to all the Mafia Dev Team for making this program always better.

codster62

Halvoid - If there is an area you don't want to adventure in, and as stated in past posts, you can remove those locations from consideration simply by adding some of these. ;) //

Braska

That would explain why it sold my stockpile of dry noodles after it farmed the knob kitchens the other day. I think dry noodles drop there, all I know is I had a stockpile (like booze, I save up so I have plenty to cook to blow up innaboxen) of noodles around 150 or so, all sold off.

If it truly is a problem of selling off "*" quantity, would there even be a correction? I am not aware of how this could be changed. Not unless the script could read it's own results, and only sell off the positive gain from the adventure results. Not sure if that is even a possibility.

dj_d

So there's a tradeoff - if you only sell what you farmed, then if you abort the script midstream and restart, you'll have a bunch of stuff in your inventory that didn't sell. I do that a lot, so I decided to err on the side of mallselling a lot. YMMV.

The problem with the island is probably a shortcoming with canadv - I don't know that it differentiates between different island states etc. But the easy solution is just to add a "farm skip" entry - look at the script, up at the top, to see how to do it.

halfvoid

oh ok. thanks. that fixes everything. it's been trying to farm the island for the last three days. heh, and i usually do take a look at the scripts before i run them too. heh.

tgetgel

... all I know is I had a stockpile (like booze, I save up so I have plenty to cook to blow up innaboxen) of noodles around 150 or so, all sold off.

If it truly is a problem of selling off "*" quantity, would there even be a correction? I am not aware of how this could be changed. Not unless the script could read it's own results, and only sell off the positive gain from the adventure results. Not sure if that is even a possibility.

One approach for "*" is the following:
cli_execute("autosell -150 dry noodles"); //sell all but 150

This would keep you at a consistent 150 inventory level for dry noodles. I use this approach for keeping 3 thin black candles around for summoning demons.

dj_d

Good call TG. You can also closet the booze before you run it if you want.

Or, if it was me, if I was in anything but aftercore I'd just run it in simulate mode, adventure manually, and sell what you want to. Not much more work and it guarantees you're in full control of your scarce resources.

hngkong

Would it be possible to have the wolf masks and giant needles get pulverized or saved rather than just autosold?

dj_d

It'd be pretty easy to do that. Interesting idea to consider pulverization instead of sell/autosell though.

nightslide

I apologize, I didn't go all the way through the list, but is there a way to specify not to sell some items? For example, I don't want to have the Bottle's of Rum sold, as I make more changing them into Bottle of Lt. Freeman. I didn't see an option, and it'd be nice to setup what are the 'untouchables'.

Edit: Or even just to have it not sell anything? Just a thought. Thanks again for all your help, I'm not a coder at all, but trying to figure everything out.

Thank you very much, great script!

d

Last edited:

CoC

Being lazy as I am, I'd love to have it not sell an item as well.

Of course the most obvious answer to have control of what is farmed and sold is to run the script as a simulation (select true when it asks) and adventure manually (or at least manually choose where Mafia adventures). You'd have to do all the selling yourself, but you wouldn't have to fear the script selling them.

dj_d

Yeah - if you're being selective about what you want to sell, the right way to do it is sim=true. It's really not much harder than sim=false, and you get all the control you need.