Make.meat.fast

CKtheFat

Codster, I think bundling it with the purchase-necessary Ascend script is kind of payment enough. So far as I'm aware, that's the only way to get the file in the first place.

The script normally has me just do boring old castlefarming, but it's also gone for the wines and enchanted beans before.

dj_d

Yeah, it's a freebie for those people who get the ascend script - a little extra thank-you. CK, your experience is what I'd expect. Codster, in order to debug, you're going to have to give me more information, like paste the script feedback here so I can look at it. And make sure you're running the latest version, which you can get by downloading ascend.zip.

dj_d

I'm still swatting the last bugs on farm.ash so I'm not quite ready to say it's worth it on its own. :) Olfaction is probably the biggest missing piece before I feel good about it.

codster62

Well, you aren't quite getting what I was trying to say. I know that to get the script payment is required, but with all the debugging, and updates you put forth, I think extra tips would be nice for you. I would definately leave the tip setting on if you placed it there. As far as the debug log, I will try again and post what I got. I had to go to bed last night early..

dj_d

Thanks for offering, codster - I'm happy to leave it free-with-proof-of-purchase.

You did save your ascend.ash UPC symbol, right?

tgetgel

I was thinking along the lines of optimization in farm.ash. How much difference/varience is there within each of the different zones when maximizing? Can you check a couple of combinations in each zone to form a baseline, then choose the top 5 or so and do the detailed checks? Would this yield the same results?

Can the zone results be saved for each character for the day (progress/status)? I have had the power fail or script abort or had to shutdown and farm.ash restarted and rechecked everything. Can the last 5 or so optimal zone days be saved then leverage that to start? (Power failed twice today.)

Last edited:

tgetgel

My multi does not have a store so the script (farm.ash) aborts when trying to sell off after the eating and adventuring - never makes it to drinking and spleening. Can I designate the store to send stuff for sale or the player to send the stuff to? Can I make farm.ash wait to sell the gained items until the very end of the farming run?

Last edited:

dj_d

You can do all that, tgetgel! Wouldn't be hard, and cool feature ideas. But not high on my priority list, so I don't want to get your hopes up about waiting for them.

Question: you say that this script gives you "1136 mpa without exotic stuff such as Hodgman's equipment". I have at my disposal a great farming suit, composed of Hodgman's stuff, the hamster, a BRC as weapon, origami pasties or flaming pink shirt as torso and either a Natty Blue, a Monster Bait or a Mr. A Jr. for my third accessory slot, and I can't break 1050. Before running the script, I make sure I have Cantata, Polka and Phat Loot active. How is it possible?

Last edited:

dj_d

It did when I wrote that. :) At the time, enchanted beans were spiking in price, and you could farm them with even a low level character that had basic +item equipment. Who knows what'll go up in price next?

Braska

So, I used this for the first time yesterday... and my total meat gain was 86k. I can normally make 120-150k per day just farming the castle manually, so... Just wondering what I need to put here for you to look at. I'm thinking the script didn't sell stuff off, or something...

dj_d

@Braska: It puts the stuff you farm in the mall. It can take a while for it to actually sell (which is why it doesn't try to report on your earnings).

Braska

Yeah, I got the mall selling thing, I just can't see what it added in.

Though, after running this last night, it did successfully farm for an item that was selling for 1200 meat... So, all seems well today, just that one hiccup day at the beginning.

Great script, thank you. :)

codster62

Hmmm. How much quicker is it?(Still waiting for .exe build) Any guestimation of a percent faster this is? Like 25% or something? Just curious. :)

dj_d

That would be the "make all dj's scripts run two orders of magnitude faster" update. It affected this script particularly, since it runs about 200,000 calculations by default. It went from taking over an hour to now about 200 seconds.

As usual, thanks JH.