Make.meat.fast

pappadi

I loaded this for the first time into v16.2 and got this error:

Bad location value: "WarBear Fortress (First Level)" (canadv.ash, line 521)

Any help? Looks like a great script.

coandco

Would it be possible to remove the enforced no-familiars warning for Pete farming? Preliminary tests with a +item-maxed Pete character show it as getting almost double the meat/adv that my next best character is getting, so it's an avenue I'd like to explore.

digitrev

I have written some modifications to farm.ash to handle a handful of things.

• Properly handles relocating pygmy janitors and pygmy witch lawyers.
  • Assumes that the appearance rate for the drunk pygmy is 0 (assuming you're using the Bowl of Scorpions to banish him).
  • Will ask you for how many banishers you can run, and do one of the following:
    • If you set it to 0, it will account for any monsters you currently have banished.
    • If you set it to anything else, it will attempt to handle up to that many banishers. You need to set up the actual banishment yourself.
  • Cleans up some of the output at the end of the simulation

Happy hunting.

Edit: Whoops. Looks like I need to do more testing to account for non-combat rates.

Last edited:

digitrev

Let's try this again.

I have written some modifications to farm.ash to handle a handful of things.

• Properly handles relocating pygmy janitors and pygmy witch lawyers.
  • Assumes that the appearance rate for the drunk pygmy is 0 (assuming you're using the Bowl of Scorpions to banish)
  • Will ask you for how many banishers you can run, and do one of the following:
    • If you set it to 0, it will account for any monsters you currently have banished.
    • If you set it to anything else, it will attempt to handle up to that many banishers. You need to set up the actual banishment yourself.
  • Does some naive hard-coded non-combat handling.
  • Cleans up some of the output at the end of the simulation.

Happy hunting.

User takes on all risks of using this script.

Attachments

• farm_tb.ash
    70.6 KB · Views: 65

Malurth

Why does this only return one suggestion? Usually it's a worthless suggestion that I have to go back and add an exception for.

Also is it just me or does it never consider my Fancypants Scarecrow? (I dunno how to add that if possible. This script is very confusing.)

digitrev

If I ever get any free time, I've a mind to give this a full once over, rewriting large chunks of it. I've already done some work with manually setting the non-combat rates and adding some minor support for banishers, but I would really like to do a full and proper analysis and refactoring.

Malurth

LoL! The script is very confusing to me also! You're in good company.

Well good, that makes me feel better about it, given you're significantly better at this sort of stuff :p

If I ever get any free time, I've a mind to give this a full once over, rewriting large chunks of it. I've already done some work with manually setting the non-combat rates and adding some minor support for banishers, but I would really like to do a full and proper analysis and refactoring.

I fully support this endeavor! Your modification was already extremely helpful, and there's definitely more room for improvement on this script. Here's hoping you get some free time :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not sure whether anyone is maintaining this but in case someone is looking for a project there is a lot of new Content that could be dealt with including Nuevo Spookyraven, Red Zeppelin and related and the Spring Break areas.

Winterbay

I am sort of, but I'm way too busy to have time to do anything useful. Are there many things that won't just be supported by Mafia having the items and areas added?

digitrev

I'm interested in taking some time to update this, but I'll wait until I actually have something ready to upload rather than just claim that I'm supporting this.

In theory, Winterbay, there isn't much that needs to be done aside from Mafia supporting things. In theory, the banish support I set up a while back needs to know the non-combat rates, but that's not a huge deal.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am sort of, but I'm way too busy to have time to do anything useful. Are there many things that won't just be supported by Mafia having the items and areas added?

The script clearly knows about the areas but
> Unknown location: The Copperhead Club
> Please report this missing location here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2027
> can_adv reports that the area is unadventure-able.

but I now see that is the can_adv thread so never mind. That said, the quickest way I can think of to generate what can_adv needs to know about would be to run this as SIM and grab the messages.

Been having an issue with this script lately with one of my chars. I've modified it, but only to exclude a whole lot of areas in the section set aside to do that. It's been great. But around the same time I made the mod, on one character I've been getting an error - the error lines up with it equipping a sugar shield and that shield breaking. THis is the last four lines i get EVERY time.

You acquire an item: sugar shard (3)
Your sugar shield shattered.

autoOlfact => monster pygmy orderlies, monster rotund duck
Error - you can farm and still have adventures left. Aborting.

Then it aborts. If I kick it off again, it'll run for another 31 adventures, then do it again.

Now, i don't actually WANT it to use all my sugar sheets. frankly, i want them ignored. It's not worth eating into my stockpile just for farming. A plastic pumkin bucket is just fine thanks very much. Anyone able to point me at a way to stop this happening? I'm not a scripter - i can change the odd variable etc, but trying to work out how to either a) force use of the plastic pumpkin bucket or b) exclude the sugar shields from calculation is kinda beyond me...

Any thoughts?

Hrmm... I must admit I never considered that option. I hate it when the obvious and simple alludes me. I shall test that theory out with much haste!

GGWithrow

If the script needs to stop for some reason, such as a choice adventure, is there a command to resume the script? It becomes tedious re-running the script from the beginning.

GGWithrow

You gained 81146369 meat in worth by farming.
All done! Goodnight.
Requesting store inventory...
Store inventory request complete.
Examining store logs...
Store purchase logs retrieved.
Loading character status...
Requests complete.

If only it had been true....