Make.meat.fast

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I installed farm, just so I could look at everything. It sucked in all sorts of scripts that I will never use, but since none of them are relay scripts, it won't hurt me to have them in my scripts directory.

> validate farm

Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (zlib.ash, line 648)
Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (farm.ash, line 50)

float abs( float n )
int [item] add_ingredients( item newitem, int count, int [item] stack, int loop )
boolean auto_mcd( int safemox )
boolean auto_mcd( monster mob )
boolean auto_mcd( location place )
int eatdrink( int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink )
void eatdrink( int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink, boolean sim_consume_p, boolean supress_overdrink_p, boolean accurate_p, int budget_p, float price_flexibility_p, boolean consider_cost_when_owned_p, int cost_of_pull_p, int value_of_adventure_p, int value_of_prime_stat_p, int value_of_nonprime_stat_p, boolean pie_priority_p, int price_of_nontradeables_p, int price_of_unknowns_p, int price_of_questitems_p, boolean sim_ronin_p, int sim_level_p )
void eatdrink( int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink, boolean use_inv_p, boolean use_closet_p, boolean use_storage_p, boolean sim_consume_p, boolean supress_overdrink_p, boolean shop_p, int budget_p, float price_flexibility_p, boolean consider_cost_when_owned_p, int cost_of_pull_p, int value_of_adventure_p, int value_of_prime_stat_p, int value_of_nonprime_stat_p, boolean pie_priority_p, int price_of_nontradeables_p, int price_of_unknowns_p, boolean sim_ronin_p, int sim_level_p )
void eatdrink( int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink, int advmeat, int primemeat, int offmeat, int pullmeat, boolean sim )

Script verification complete.
There seem to be four overloaded versions. One of them has 22 parameters. That boggles my mind.

Script validation - which parses the script and builds an Interpreter for it - found all four versions. It did NOT complain about the call to the nine-parameter version of it on line 1160 of farm.ash. It had no compile errors of any sort.

farm is in svn. So is eatdrink. When I installed the former, it automatically installed the latter for me. What if you had an old pre-SVN version of eatdrink installed and then installed farm? Would it feel it needed to install eatdrink? If not, perhaps the old version doesn't have the 9-parameter function. If so, would it overwrite the old version? Or what?

Theraze

The 9 parameter version has been around since dj_d was still editing EatDrink 5 years ago and hasn't been changed, so-as not to break compatibility with farm, since dj_d wasn't around to fix farm. And like you, I do have both scripts in my folder. EatDrink was last updated on 2013-11-11, and farm was last updated on 2013-11-29. I successfully ran farm about 4 days ago without any errors, and it does still validate successfully for me... :(

GGWithrow

Quick question (and I ask only because the people here are so knowledgeable) - Is there a way to have Kol Mafia select, via optimization, my roll-over adventure gear using the command line?

I understand the farm script does this, but I'd love to have access to that functionality all the time.

Thanks in advance.

ereinion

If you have a disembodied hand then I'd type
Code:
familiar disembodied hand;maximize adv, -tie
into the cli. Otherwise I'd just use the latter part of that statement. I.e.
Code:
maximize adv, -tie

ereinion

But then I don't think the maximizer considers the hand while maximizing? I.e. if it is holding something which doesn't increase adventure yields but you have something like that in inventory it won't switch what it's holding?

xKiv

I just "familiar disembodied hand; maximize adv", it's what I am used to. I know I have enough time swords and time offhands that I will always disembody one timesword.

Crowther

Totally off topic, but you can do "maximize adv +tie" if you still want the tie breaker rules. I do that in run sometimes.

JohnDoe244

Maximize adventure will account for your Hand and equip it appropriately (I've never needed to call my familiar seperately).

Struggles with foldables though.

What do you mean? What do you need to know?

"Putting in the code" is ambiguous. Do you mean you executed the command "svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/winterbay-mafia/farm/code/" in the Graphical CLI? If so did you see any messages about SVN and updating? If the SVN process worked as expected there should be a (script) file named farm.ash in your scripts directory. Run it. This is a script and not a relay override so one way to run it is to select it from the scripts menu. Refresh should be irrelevant, whether you refreshed the browser or your inventory or any of the other things that could be refreshed.

And when you do get it to run be prepared to have it take a long time to figure out that lil' kitty is still the best monster :)

Yes, I put in that line of code, and all I get is:

> svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/winterbay-mafia/farm/code/

Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
C:\Users\X\Desktop\KOL\svn\winterbay-mafia-farm
At revision 15

Successfully checked out working copy.
Done.
Requests complete.

There is no farm.ash in my scripts directory, any ideas?

JohnDoe244

If you call the script with the argument "true" it will just simulate and suggest an area to go to (and just before that print the sorted list of locations to go to in descending meat gathering order).
What level of verbosity do I need to see this list? Because I only seem to get information printed about the zones in alphabetical order at verbosity 5, and less than verbosity 5 I don't get any information about the zones other than the most profitable zone (which is invariably a limited number of adventures-per-day zone).

As an aside (because I suck at mafia), I can only "scroll up" so far on my "Graphical CLI" tab. How do I scroll up more to read older information printed there? (I realise this is a n00b question phrased really awkwardly.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As an aside (because I suck at mafia), I can only "scroll up" so far on my "Graphical CLI" tab. How do I scroll up more to read older information printed there? (I realise this is a n00b question phrased really awkwardly.)

The window has a buffer and when it fills up the oldest text gets jettisoned in favor or more recent text. So what you are seeing is normal or to be expected when the buffer fills. You can't scroll back any farther.

You might try experimenting with the mirror command which I believe will also put gCLI output into a file, so you could always look in the file to see what you missed.

JohnDoe244

Thanks! That's the command I was after.

Here's another one... choiceadventure 788 doesn't have a "skip adventure" option built into mafia. I know skipping the adventure is choice 6. I can write a script to adventure in the bowling alley and pick choice 6. I have no idea how to use that code in farm.ash without breaking the script horribly. Is there a reason why I can only set "show in browser" or "waste an adventure" (I'm using r13510 which was current when I started writing this post assuming Warp hasn't bugged out on me))?