macguffin.ash (a script in progress)

zarqon

Try visiting the pyramid in the relay browser, maybe even adventuring once in the upper chamber, then running the script again. That might fix it. If not, check if retrieve_item(1, $item[staff of ed]) is returning false for you. If so, then there's still a problem with retrieve_item().

Xenthes

I ran across this too a couple of weeks ago. I just did what zarqon said and visited the pyramid in the relay then restarted the script. That worked once I started the script again.

kain

This script isn't finishing off Ed for me. I could be mistaken, but I *thought* it did that in previous versions, but it could have been part of ascend.ash doing the Slaying of Ed.

Did this script *ever* kill Ed?

zarqon

To my knowledge it never handled Ed. I remember reading somewhere (probably this thread) that Ed was the scriptwriter's favorite combat in the game, so he deliberately did not automate it. I followed in those pioneering footsteps when writing this script -- that and I also don't like scripting boss fights.

Ed still makes me smile, even after dozens of times of smacking him down manually. "Ed, you've an arm off." "Jackal-demons!"

Bale

Minion
Ed is also a great source of ML to flyer when you are doing the Arena sidequest.
Good point. CCS won't properly flyer Ed. It counts each form as part of the same combat. Unless that is fixed there is no way to set up the CCS for flyering Ed.

bouzdreaux

Spookyraven spectacles error

After receiving errors running this script without Lord Spookyraven's spectacles in inventory, I inserted this at the beginning of the manor_of_spooking() function:
Code:
if( item_amount($item[Lord Spookyraven's spectacles]) < 1 )
    obtain(1, "Lord Spookyraven's spectacles", $location[Haunted bedroom]);

zarqon

Does mafia handle the spectacle choiceadvs if it's a condition? That would be nice. Otherwise, the above wouldn't work (since you would need to change the choiceadv setting after encountering it once -- which means you'd also have to detect that choiceadv).

EDIT: Oops, was thinking of the ballroom key. Need more sleep.

EDIT 2: You also don't need the item_amount() check, since there is one in obtain().

Last edited:

dj_d

Here's the line (borrowed from ascend.ash) to set the choiceadv:

set_property("choiceAdventure84",3); //bottom drawer, for spectacles

MapleMario

Not sure if this has been reported before, but macguffin.ash never works for me on any of my accounts. It always says:

Code:
Black market found.
Diary obtained.
Hidden city revealed.
Oasis revealed.
Cellar revealed.
Palindome revealed.
Macguffin quest started.
Hidden city complete.
Pyramid revealed.
Dr. Awkward defeated.
Got 1 already.
You can't wear that outfit.
Unable to complete Spookyraven section of the MacGuffin quest.

This has happened on probably every class by now, all at level 11 or 12.

EdFox

Not a huge bug, but it's somewhat amusing. I was lucky (?) enough to hit the last stage of the pyramid wheel on my very last adventure of the day. The script got stuck in a very fast loop that filled my log with lots of this:

Code:
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Choices Left: 1
Current pyramid position: 1. Turning...
Conditions list cleared.
Conditions list cleared.
Conditions list cleared.
KoLmafia declares world peace.
Conditions list cleared.

zarqon

I have been hoping to encounter the "Unable to complete the pyramid" problem again, so that I could debug it. Unfortunately enough, the script has worked just fine for me without any problems the last several times.

But here are a few tweaks to address the recent remarks.

2.0.4 Updates

• The script now ought to get the specs if you don't have them yet.
  • Won't bork trying to put on the outfit when you haven't set it up -- now, glibly continues on. Watch out.
  • Fixed EdFox's bug catch: check for being out of adventures in turn_once().

Last edited:

scud121

Slightly related, I keep getting the

Expected ), found = (hiddencity.ash, line 170)

Error message when attempting to run the script - any way round it - my script editing ability is minimal.

dj_d

Scud, I don't think the version you're running is the most recent version of the script. Delete any copies you have (in your main mafia folder, in your scripts folder, etc) and re-download from Zarqon's post right above.