Get Slimy

Glade

yea i don't get that input window it only works once and then i have to click it again but ill delete it and download it again and see if it works

playhavock

could the next version include a way to make sure you are NOT casting cleesh as an attack...
lets just say... 100 turns of cleeshing and i wanted to kill my computer alot.

Glade

Sorry I'm such a rtard but im getting the input thing and i put in the adventures i want to use and then i get this

> call scripts\get slimy.ash

Sending kmail to Alhifar...
The slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.
You lose an effect: Coated in Slime
Chamois successfully used.
I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
You can't wear that outfit.

Alhifar

playhavock: I'm not responsible for how you set up your CCS. Cleesh is a very common component of the minml ccs in any case.

Glade: You need to set the names of your outfits in the top of the script.

Zaranthos

okay, well.. is there a command that overrides CCS that i could put in the start of the get slimey script :)

If you're using a CCS it needs to be setup correctly. If you're not using a CCS you need to set KoLmafia's action drop down menu to the attack you want to use (not CCS or CLEESH). You might also check your account menu and disable auto-attack there before running the script.

I have to say this script has worked flawlessly for me. The only time I've had problems is when I've run out of tatter items or MP restores. In those cases I'd say it was poor planning on my part but the older script aborted when tatters ran out and when I bought more and re-ran it my default action was set to use tatters and it ran a bunch of loops just tattering everything until I noticed and stopped it. Can't blame the script maker for me not paying attention. ;)

New people should also read this for some setup help. http://www.kolmafia.us/showpost.php?p=14239&postcount=87

Last edited:

Rubix314

Heeeey that's my post :D. I'll go update it...

I guess I forgot to say this too--the script is running flawlessly for me too. I haven't tried a slimeling run yet, so I don't know about that quite yet, but it's been working fine on double-nodule runs. Big thank-you to Alhifar.

Last edited:

Zaranthos

This causes the script to fail. Don't do drugs kids... :)

[60493] The Slime Tube
Encounter: Violet Fog
Unsupported Choice Adventure!
Encounter: Violet Fog

Alhifar

Honestly, the only way I can think of to prevent that is to cause the script to abort if it detects Half-Astral. However, that seems like a very slippery slope of people wanting every effect that could be a problem added in.

In summary, my only suggestion is to lay off the drugs.

palpitations

Anyone else having a problem calling up this page? I'd like to try the script out but I also want the newest version so as to avoid any of the older "issues". It just seems to always time out on me.

Yeah, I've had a problem with it a few times over the past few days... Which also brings up an issue with Mafia. When it hits the visit_url bit to check for updates, Mafia seems to hang. Being able to handle timeouts like that would be great - perhaps with a variable that designated if the script could continue to run without trouble (for updates, etc.), or if it absolutely required other data. Anyone who's got a bit of sway with the devs, maybe you could suggest it?

It's easy to comment out the parts causing problems, but it's still more of a hassle than it should be.

One small temporary change fixes things.

Find:
Code:
boolean check_version()
{
	string ver = visit_url( download_location + "slime_ver.txt" );
	if( ver == "" ) return true;
	else return ver == version;
}

and change that to:
Code:
boolean check_version()
{
#	string ver = visit_url( download_location + "slime_ver.txt" );
#	if( ver == "" ) return true;
#	else return ver == version;
}

There are a few other ways to handle it, but that's the quick fix I used, and it seems to work just fine.

That said, I'd still like to request automatically getting Chihuahua Underfoot if the Bag o' Tricks has 3 charges and is equipped. I'd like to build charges on it while dealing with low level slimes. An extra 20 ML would be very helpful during my upcoming slimeling run... I might be able to piece something together to do it myself if it comes down to it, but I'd rather have someone who is actually good at this kind of thing working on it ;)