Get Slimy

Jef

green smoke bombs are not getting used

Oh, I have to edit the script and change use_tatter_like to true? And presumably do this again each time I fetch a new version of the script? Hmm. Well, whatever.

Alhifar

Your first problem should be fixed in the latest version.

Your second problem is most definitely a mafia problem, which I have no control over. A bug report may be in order.

As to your third problem yes, you do need to change use_tatter_like to true, and yes you need to do it each time you get a new version. However, my releases are few and far between lately, so this should not be much of a problem.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Second problem is that mafia reports my high-ML is only 1363, while according to my math it should be more like 1450. No idea what is up with that.
Let's see your math.

- What does "modtrace Monster Level" say?
- What do have that adds to your monster level that is not counted?

ElroyJetson

I'm preparing for an initial slimeling run using slime.ash . I plan to use the Bander for the minml familiar for the free runaways and can't cast either Ode or Ur-Kel's, so I've been checking on how the script handles those conditions. [This is with the current version, 2.1.8.] I have a few questions / suggestions...

* Line 371 is
Code:
if( have_effect( $effect[Ode to Booze] ) > 0 ) cli_execute( "uneffect ode" );
Shouldn't there be an additional condition to shrug only if the character knows Ode, as is done elsewhere in the script?

* I'm not too knowledgeable about Mafia, but notice that it takes liberties with changing familiar equipment when I change familiars from the command line. Does this also happen when familiars are changed within an ASH script? Is there something I can do to make sure that my Purse Rat is wielding a pitchfork when I'm in maxml mode and that my Bander is wielding a sugar shield in minml mode?

* Finally, any chance of getting the script to support navel ring and Creepy Grin runaways? I've pseudo-coded the following to go into the free runaway decision tree and would be happy to beta-test if someone could convert it into ASH-ese. (I'm also not sure how KoL prioritizes using a Bander runaway vs. a navel ring runaway, which would affect the correct ordering of the branches.)
Code:
if( wearing Vivala mask && Creepy Grin not yet used today )
{
   set_property( "battleAction" , "cast creepy grin" );
} 
else if( wearing Navel Ring && get_property("_navelRunaways").to_int() < 3)
{
   set_property( "battleAction" , "try to run away" );
} 
else

Thanks much, Alhifar & Veracity, for all your work on this!

Alhifar

Honestly, the code for snatch use was added in pretty much wholesale from the code posted by bale, because I did not own a snatch at that point. But yes, ill make that change asap.
As to adding creepy grin and navel runaways, ill see if I can find someone to borrow them from and add in code for that soon.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
(I'm also not sure how KoL prioritizes using a Bander runaway vs. a navel ring runaway, which would affect the correct ordering of the branches.)

Bander runaways override navel runaways if ode is active, even if you have no free runaways left. If you cast CLEESH then you can't get a free runaway from the bander, and the bander will still override the navel ring.

Alhifar

There's always a chance that its changed since last adventure, so mafia would have to do an extra server hit to the log EVERY adventure.

Jef

If there are five squeezes then no, it's not going to change. At least not without a notice in the slimetube chat channel, which mafia could catch.

ElroyJetson

Thanks much to all involved, but especially Alhifar & Veracity. I managed to get a slimeling with the assistance of version 2.2.1 of the script. :D

I came across one script problem that I was able to correct and recover from. It seems that the script wasn't checking on the free runaway turns that I had sufficient HP to survive the initial blast of slime damage. As a workaround, I added
Code:
if( !restore_hp( my_maxhp() ) ) abort( "Can't restore enough HP!" );
at line 320, but my_maxhp() should be replaced by the damage from the expected number of turns of Coated in Slime.

Also, there should be code to shrug Ode before trying to use a Naval Ring free runaway, based on
lostcalpolydude said:
Bander runaways override navel runaways if ode is active, even if you have no free runaways left.

Alhifar

Both of your problems SHOULD already be fixed. Lines 371-377 should take care of your first problem, and the second is taken care of on line 384. It currently will always use free runaways in the following order: Bandersnatch runaways, Navel ring runaways, items.

If you have any problems with either of these features, I'll need some more information, preferably in the new topic in Turn-Burning Scripts.