EoD Softcore Ascension Script

patochaos

It seems you modified something and my script broke.

I'm running DB and I'm stuck in day 2 with

Mind control device already at 10
Maximizing...
60 combinations checked, best score 9.00
No ode....

I'll see what can be done.

Uh oh, I must have broke something. :( I shall look for it now.

Alright, think I have fixed it. I was testing something and forgot to delete the abort. Hope I didn't miss anything else xD.

Last edited:
AT Day 4 had only 1 glitch. I chose to use a Degrassi moon sign and the script stopped when it tried to buff me with a Marzipan Skull as there was no test for availability. Finished the ascension on day 4 with 89 adventures remaining. Looking good!

I was inspecting the new update and found this piece of code:

Code:
		if (my_turncount() == 70) {
			print("Taking a small detour to grab the lunch box.", "blue");
			cli_execute("goal clear");
			cli_execute("goal add +1 Knob Goblin lunchbox");
			adventure(11, $location[The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob]);
			print("Lunch box has been acquired!", "green");
			cli_execute("use Knob Goblin lunchbox");
		}
This is not how semi-rare adventures work. They occur randomly within the specified range. If you want to gather semi-rares you need to keep some fullness aside so you can eat a fortune cookie then you need to monitor the counter until it counts down to 0 and then do the adventure to the semi-rare location.
Cheers,
Gnocchi

Winterbay

Code:
            print("Taking a small detour to grab the lunch box.", "blue");
            cli_execute("goal clear");
            cli_execute("goal add +1 Knob Goblin lunchbox");
            print("Lunch box has been acquired!", "green");
            cli_execute("use Knob Goblin lunchbox");
        }
This is not how semi-rare adventures work. They occur randomly within the specified range. If you want to gather semi-rares you need to keep some fullness aside so you can eat a fortune cookie then you need to monitor the counter until it counts down to 0 and then do the adventure to the semi-rare location.
Cheers,
Gnocchi

And make sure the user doesn't have a counter script because if you do adventure(1, semirare location) and the counter script decides to go somewhere else you'll waste one tunr in a zone that gives you probably nothing.

asturia

Minion
I get this error when I run the script:
Unable to determine which astral item you took.

I ate the astral hotdogs manually.

Code:
                         (...)
		}
This is not how semi-rare adventures work. They occur randomly within the specified range.

The first range is between turn 70 and 80 (inclusive), so adventuring at the outskirts between turn 70 and 80 with the lunchbox as goal will get it. (unless, as Winterbay said, you actually have eaten a fortune cookie, which tells mafia the exact turn, and you have installed a CounterScript which will actually make you adventure at a different location - I assume the EoD ascension script doesn't eat fortune cookies, so you should be fine for that).

Eating a fortune cookie with milk gives you 2 adventures for 1 fullness. Adventuring through the first range from 70-80 will use up 0 extra turns (when the semirare occurs at 70) up to 10 (when it occurs at 80), so in average it will use up 5 extra turns. If you do that, and then use your 1 fullness to eat something that gives 7 adventures or more, you have not done a worse job than if you had eaten the cookie.

Also, it might happen that - depending on your progress - you can use those turns at the outskirts to get the encryption key.

Yeah, as zeroToNine has pointed out, this is a simple semi-rare case with no loss. It will always occur in those 10 turns and since you have to do 11 adventures in that area, if I remember correctly, to get quest items then nothing is loss in terms of adventures in this manner. My goal with this script is to be self sufficient with no user input. I simply ascend and without inputting a single command, using a single adventure, or visiting any URLs, just run the day 1 script and go from there.

If people want to do more, eat fortune cookies or install counter scripts, then they do so at their own risk and should be prepared to account for those through modification of items and settings.

As in the case of asturia, you took an astral item that isn't really polished for the script and then proceeded to eat all of them before running the script. If you were out of ronin, the script wouldn't care and continue on, but since you are still in ronin you are going to have to manually set the astral item you took by typing
Code:
 ash set_property("eod_astral_item", "food")
and then run the script. Note, it is now in a very sub-optimal state so getting a 4 day ascension is impossible, but it should still run through everything in 5 days pretty easily.

Anyways, I will make a slight modification to how this problem is handled to make it easier for people in the future.

Last edited:
I'm getting too old to debug code on these tiny font screens. I swear I read that line several times and each time I came up with adventure( 1, $loc...
Sorry.

asturia

Minion
1 another thing I found:
When it tries to consume any drink it tries to get Ode of Booze.
But it doesn't check how many song you already have.
So it goes into a loop of checking if you have Ode of Booze or not.

A better way it that it discards 1 of the songs and then tries to get Ode of Booze

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Maximizing...
40 combinations checked, best score 9.00
Ending the day with a night cap. You also have 2 extra pulls remaining so we will be pulling gear.
Unknown variable 'ye' ()
Returned: void
EoD_Ascend_Day => 2

Anyone else noticing this? I assume it's trying to drink the Ye Olde Meade as the nightcap but it doesn't. (I have been ending up drinking it manually)

Maximizing...
40 combinations checked, best score 9.00
Ending the day with a night cap. You also have 2 extra pulls remaining so we will be pulling gear.
Unknown variable 'ye' ()
Returned: void
EoD_Ascend_Day => 2

Anyone else noticing this? I assume it's trying to drink the Ye Olde Meade as the nightcap but it doesn't. (I have been ending up drinking it manually)

That is strange. Has this been happening for awhile now or is this something new? I have not ran the script for about a week now but when I was I have never came across this problem. I did a quick look through that area of the script but nothing stood out as wrong.

I've been using the scripts fairly solidly but I haven't seen anything like that before I commented out that code to use my own. With a little manual help and a bunch of tweaks I managed a run through as a Pastamancer. Unfortunately Jick and co have broken things a bit. :rolleyes:

stolensoul8

This is my first time using this script and I ascended as a DB with Class Act II and It is getting hung up from the start repeatedly saying this "You need 5 more hair spray to continue.

First getting the tree-holed coin
We are going to get 1 tree-holed coin at The Spooky Forest.

You need 5 more hair spray to continue."

Am I missing something? I bought everything according to the script checklist.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This is my first time using this script and I ascended as a DB with Class Act II and It is getting hung up from the start repeatedly saying this "You need 5 more hair spray to continue.

First getting the tree-holed coin
We are going to get 1 tree-holed coin at The Spooky Forest.

You need 5 more hair spray to continue."

Am I missing something? I bought everything according to the script checklist.

You probably have NPC buying disabled (Preferences -> Item Acquisition -> Buy items from NPC stores whenever needed).

I've been using the scripts fairly solidly but I haven't seen anything like that before I commented out that code to use my own. With a little manual help and a bunch of tweaks I managed a run through as a Pastamancer. Unfortunately Jick and co have broken things a bit. :rolleyes:

They love breaking stuff :(.

Theraze

Or not enough cash. If you have those in a mood, and not enough meat, it will loop trying to buy the item forever.

stolensoul8

Another probably dumb question. I do not have the Bling of the new wave, and It keeps aborting on day 2 saying I need that to continue. I am sure there is a way to edit that, but I terrible with coding anything. Any help would be awesome!