EoD Softcore Ascension Script

Also it keeps yelling that using Galatik for mojo restoration is disabled, I can't find where to fix that at.

In the "EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash", you will find two lines that are commented out
Code:
//Sets what you want to use as MP and HP recovery, UNCOMMENT them if you have never set up KoLMafia healing before
//set_property("mpAutoRecoveryItems","visit the nuns;phonics down;knob goblin superseltzer;mountain stream soda;magical mystery juice;knob goblin seltzer;cherry cloaca cola;soda water;galaktik's fizzy invigorating tonic"); 
//set_property("hpAutoRecoveryItems","disco nap;cannelloni cocoon;visit the nuns;tongue of the walrus;lasagna bandages;doc galaktik's ailment ointment;galaktik's curative nostrum");

Uncomment those and it will go away.

Zen00

Doing a new run, for some reason it fails to pick up all the Friar quest items, but thinks it has, usually the Dark Neck (dodecagram) item is the one at fault.

Also, you run out of adventures about the time you start the Knob Goblin King quest, but it doesn't have a plan in place for drinking or eating to continue. You should probably drink to 10 or 14 at this point, then either unlock the Spookyraven Library, or continue with the quest.

At the end of this Moxie day, I reached level 8 on Day 1. Usually it's mid-level 7 during a non-moxie day run. This was with a Coffee Pixie 100%.

Ran into the "did not recover from beaten up" error while fighting a scorched duck at mcgillycuddys farm.

It fails the meat quest for the sisterhood on the island war if you don't know the name of the meat demon.

If you run out of adventures while paddling frats, it gets stuck in a infinite loop.

In general anyways it should allow you to set if you want to trade in all that gear for nickels or whatever before killing The Man, because poultices are really good for events like Crimbo right now.

Last edited:
Doing a new run, for some reason it fails to pick up all the Friar quest items, but thinks it has, usually the Dark Neck (dodecagram) item is the one at fault.

I have never had this occur and its impossible for it to "think" it has acquired it (the code is really simple). My guess is something else happened which caused it to abort its current loop. The usual culprit is the counters for semi-rares which has caused me lots of problems in the past and I have no idea how I got KoLMafia to stop bugging me about semi rares... If you think its something else tho, you can post your session log here and I can look at it.

Also, you run out of adventures about the time you start the Knob Goblin King quest, but it doesn't have a plan in place for drinking or eating to continue. You should probably drink to 10 or 14 at this point, then either unlock the Spookyraven Library, or continue with the quest.

It checks every level up if you have new things you can eat. Maybe you had a really bad case of RNG and do to a slight edge case you ran out of adventures before it checked to see if you could eat new items? I suppose I could add in an additional check when your adventures hit zero, but I never ran into this problem (although, it would get pretty low on the first day).

At the end of this Moxie day, I reached level 8 on Day 1. Usually it's mid-level 7 during a non-moxie day run. This was with a Coffee Pixie 100%.

That is usually around where I end the first day.

Ran into the "did not recover from beaten up" error while fighting a scorched duck at mcgillycuddys farm.

Haha the ducks, strange that they beat you. I'll look into doing something for them.

It fails the meat quest for the sisterhood on the island war if you don't know the name of the meat demon.

Thanks for catching that, fixed. If you type this into the CLI
Code:
 svn update eodscascension
it should update it to the latest version.

Last edited:

xKiv

I thought stat days do not do anything in run anymore? Or was that just to identify the day?

Zen00

It checks every level up if you have new things you can eat. Maybe you had a really bad case of RNG and do to a slight edge case you ran out of adventures before it checked to see if you could eat new items? I suppose I could add in an additional check when your adventures hit zero, but I never ran into this problem (although, it would get pretty low on the first day).

When you hit a new level, it doesn't seem to stop whatever it's currently doing to check for food/drink, which seems to be the issue so if you're looking for harem gear, it will keep trying to find that instead of stocking up some more adventures.

Just started another character run, everything ran through on Day 1 perfectly.

Also got the SPF 451 Lipbalm semi-rare and it didn't seem to affect anything.

You should put in a script that makes your character create a cottage if you get the stuff for it, for the enhanced roll-over HP/MP gains.

Last edited:

Zen00

I thought stat days do not do anything in run anymore? Or was that just to identify the day?

Apparently you're right, so just random luck set me at level 8. Kinda sucks though, as stat days was a advanced ascension strategy that was fun.

When you hit a new level, it doesn't seem to stop whatever it's currently doing to check for food/drink, which seems to be the issue so if you're looking for harem gear, it will keep trying to find that instead of stocking up some more adventures.

Partly correct, it checks to see if you have leveled every time a mood is called, which is usually 10-20 adventures max since the last mood was called. If you have leveled, it will visit the council and check to see if there is anything new for you to eat. If you run out of adventures between mood calls but also level up during that same time, then it is possible to run out of adventures without it looking to see if you can eat anything. This is probably a pretty rare case, but I'll look to adding a last ditch effort to find food after running out of adventures.

You should put in a script that makes your character create a cottage if you get the stuff for it, for the enhanced roll-over HP/MP gains.

That might be worth, but I don't think the script checks for anti-cheese tho and I don't think it is included in the kolmafia breakfast unless that has changed....

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Apparently you're right, so just random luck set me at level 8. Kinda sucks though, as stat days was a advanced ascension strategy that was fun.
Stat days were a thing that told speed ascenders not to bother ascending unless stat days lined up properly.

That might be worth, but I don't think the script checks for anti-cheese tho and I don't think it is included in the kolmafia breakfast unless that has changed....

If you have the beach unlocked and run breakfast, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make mafia not get anticheese.

If you have the beach unlocked and run breakfast, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make mafia not get anticheese.

Strange, last year when I first started KoLMafia, I added a part in my day start script to get the anti-cheese. It used to get the cheese fine, but now never does, which is why I suspected breakfast of getting it. I guess I was unaware that breakfast would get it and was probably calling breakfast after my cheese getting section. Thanks for the clarification Lost.

Zen00

Yeah, breakfast always gets the cheese. :/

Here's another feature request, potions? I have Candy Hearts and Snowcones that go unutilized in my inventory during the run, would be nice if it would use the red snowcones for the Nuns (and other times) and others as appropriate. HP potions like casts are ignored as well and so on, I guess I could easily add in those items to the healing database.

Zen00

Day 2, first error.

Faucet found in row 4, column 1
Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for rats.php

Doesn't stop the script, but it does throw an error.

Visit to BatHole: The Boss Bat's Lair in progress...
You can't get to that area.

Is that the check to see if he's dead? Oops, after finishing the script, it seems it's an error and for whatever reason the boss bat lair wasn't completed. Yeah, it's not using enough sonic biscuits to open his lair, only up to the beanbat lair.

Also for whatever reason it didn't seem to pull the Espresso Maker familiar item for my Coffee Pixie.

Alright, on my second character.

For some reason at the end of the Day 1 script, despite running without any errors as mentioned in my last update, it seems to have somehow forgotten to update the script to remind it that I'm now on day 2. Don't ask me how.

Using familiar Baby Gravy Fairy for items.
Accepting quest to find the Untinker's screwdriver
Now finding the screw driver.
We are going to get 1 rusty screwdriver at The Degrassi Knoll Garage.

Validating repo...
svn: E170001: OPTIONS of '/p/mafiarecovery/code': 403 Forbidden (https://svn.code.sf.net)
Something went wrong while fetching svn directory info
Done.
Did not fully restore HP for some reason.

Script fails with this message. Since it was a call to your site, I blame you. :p
It however continues as normal after restarting.
Strike that, after restarting the script it was caught in a endless loop to do the screwdriver quest (which it had already finished somehow?) and keeps trying to do it whenever I reload the script. (deleting that section of the script so I can move on).
After deleting that section it now tries to do the Level 1 quest again, somehow that error seems to have destroyed any memory of completed quests?
After coaxing it to do the billiards room, for some reason it skips over doing the library.

Visit to Cyrpt: The Defiled Niche in progress...

[328] The Defiled Niche
Encounter: slick lihc
Strategy: C:\Program Files\KoL Mafia\ccs\EoDMoxieDBAscend.ccs [default]
Round 0: Falcon loses initiative!
You lose 11 hit points

Did not recover from being Beaten Up!

For some reason it seems to have forgotten that there needs to be healing done if you go under x% HP.

That's all for Day #2.

Last edited:
Edit: Looking back at this, it seems like all the errors you reported about this day were due to your KoLMafia prefs either getting corrupted or location changed. I don't really have much experience in that area so hopefully someone else will stumble by and respond.

Day 2, first error.

Faucet found in row 4, column 1
Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for rats.php
Strange, I thought I fixed that. Well now it won't do that anymore.

Visit to BatHole: The Boss Bat's Lair in progress...
You can't get to that area.
Yeah, I have noticed that. It ends up doing the quest fine later so I haven't gotten around fixing it. Ill add it on my to-do list tho.

Also for whatever reason it didn't seem to pull the Espresso Maker familiar item for my Coffee Pixie.
All the pulls are hard-coded which is a huge flaw that I am trying to fix (this is the current layout for the new item handling). You would have to set it to pull that item for whichever particular day but since svn will update the script, you will have to either sync it or rename the file.

For some reason at the end of the Day 1 script, despite running without any errors as mentioned in my last update, it seems to have somehow forgotten to update the script to remind it that I'm now on day 2. Don't ask me how.
Strange, that generally only happens if there is some sort of error. What is the last few lines in the session log for the Day 1?

Validating repo...
svn: E170001: OPTIONS of '/p/mafiarecovery/code': 403 Forbidden (https://svn.code.sf.net)
Something went wrong while fetching svn directory info
Done.
Did not fully restore HP for some reason.
Not sure what that is about, it looks like a problem with universal recovery tho.

Strike that, after restarting the script it was caught in a endless loop to do the screwdriver quest (which it had already finished somehow?) and keeps trying to do it whenever I reload the script. (deleting that section of the script so I can move on).
After deleting that section it now tries to do the Level 1 quest again, somehow that error seems to have destroyed any memory of completed quests?
After coaxing it to do the billiards room, for some reason it skips over doing the library.

Actually, it might have been a problem with your computer? Did your preferences get corrupted or something? The quest completions are checked on KoLmafia's prefs so if it is trying to re-do quest that it has already done then something really bad might have happened? Or you moved location of things? I am not sure what to make of all that.... Hopefully someone with a little more experience can shed some light on the issue.

Visit to Cyrpt: The Defiled Niche in progress...

[328] The Defiled Niche
Encounter: slick lihc
Strategy: C:\Program Files\KoL Mafia\ccs\EoDMoxieDBAscend.ccs [default]
Round 0: Falcon loses initiative!
You lose 11 hit points

Did not recover from being Beaten Up!

For some reason it seems to have forgotten that there needs to be healing done if you go under x% HP.
Yeah, if your prefs really did get messed up, then it probably won't do a lot of things correctly.

On a different note, what are you running the character(s) as? (Class/Sign/Path/etc)

Last edited:

Zen00

Standard settings, one as an Accordian Thief, one as Disco Bandit (second one), both using Packrat, Class Act, astral energy drinks, astral shirts, etc.

I use a separate instance of KOLMafia for both characters, so that preferences don't get mixed between characters. No idea how they would have been corrupted as the only button I ever pressed was the "Stop Now" button while the script was running if it hit an error.

Last edited:
I use a separate instance of KOLMafia for both characters, so that preferences don't get mixed between characters. No idea how they would have been corrupted as the only button I ever pressed was the "Stop Now" button while the script was running if it hit an error.

Not sure what you mean by "a separate instance of KOLMafia for both characters" that but that may be the problem. Each character has its own preferences text file which can be found under settings. It is called "CharacterName_prefs.txt".

Basically, you can run KolMafia for one character, do whatever you like in it, log out of that character, then log into the same KoLMafia window as a different character, and all your settings will pertain to that character, except for a few globals. Either-way, it sounds like your prefs for your character didn't load up correctly.

If you ever want to look at settings without going to the file, you can type Bale's alias into the CLI. To use it, first copy paste this into the CLI
Code:
alias prefref => ashq record r{string d;};r[string,string] m; string[int]a; file_to_map("defaults.txt",m); matcher s = create_matcher("(\\w+)(\\s=*\\s*([\\w\\.]+))?",$string[%%]); if(find(s)){foreach t,p,d in m if(to_lower_case(p).contains_text(to_lower_case(s.group(1)))) {print(p+" ("+t+(get_property(p)==d.d? ": ":": now '"+get_property(p)+"', default ")+d.d+")"); a[count(a)] = p;}if(s.group(2)!=""){if(count(a)==1)set_property(a[0],s.group(3));else print("You do not match exactly one preference!","red");}}else print("Invalid parameters","red");
Once it says "String successfully aliased." You can type into the CLI "prefref X" where X is what you want to know about. For instance, "prefref quest" will tell you about all the different settings labeled as "quest" are and what their current/default values are. It won't tell you about user defined settings tho like my "EoD_Ascend_Day" and such.

Last edited:

Zen00

It means that I have KOLMafia.exe in two separate folders, so it generates two separate instances that don't touch each other, or you know, running it on two different computers, same thing. Shouldn't change anything about preferences.

You can probably make ascending a bit cheaper by buying a meat maid instead of a clockwork maid, as 16 adv difference won't make much of a difference in the long run, I seem to end with nearly 100 adventures on day 4 each time as it is.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can probably make ascending a bit cheaper by buying a meat maid instead of a clockwork maid, as 16 adv difference won't make much of a difference in the long run, I seem to end with nearly 100 adventures on day 4 each time as it is.

That's 12 extra aftercore turns. If aftercore turns can earn you more than 1.3k each, the it's worth using the better one because you come out ahead on meat. If you stay in aftercore for any time rather than ascending the same day, it's even better.

It means that I have KOLMafia.exe in two separate folders, so it generates two separate instances that don't touch each other, or you know, running it on two different computers, same thing. Shouldn't change anything about preferences.
It would matter if you run the wrong KoLMafia exe for the wrong character. For instance, lets say you name the two folders after your two characters and lets call them "Bird" and "Dog. If you accidently run your character "Dog" in your "Bird" folder, he won't have access to any of his saved prefs.

There isn't really a good reason to have two separate folders of KoLMafia for each character unless you wanted Global prefs to be different on each one in which case setting up a simple login script would suffice to change the global prefs based on the character logged in.

Well, people don't always immediately ascend. Also, I've ascended on the very last adventure, multiple times, when using my script and have been very grateful for every little turn gen ;). And as lost said, it doesn't take much to recoup the loss in aftercore.

Zen00

That's 12 extra aftercore turns. If aftercore turns can earn you more than 1.3k each, the it's worth using the better one because you come out ahead on meat. If you stay in aftercore for any time rather than ascending the same day, it's even better.

I guess that's true. Anyways, what do you farm for 1.3k? My best is about 1.1k per adventure right now, probably 1.2k or 1.3k once I get leash and sympathy.

Last edited:

Zen00

Can you get it to stop and show you the results of a Hidden Package quest, so that I can see any noblesse oblige clues I come across? Or cause the adventure text to show up purple in the CLI?

Last edited: