New Content - Implemented Dec 2015 IotM - machine elf capsule

Possibly something else strange was happening?

Immediately prior to adventuring in the tunnels, I did my 10 free x32 snowman fights. I didn't use the machine elf in any of those combats.

Bale

Minion
Things to add so that we can call this content implemented:

* Preference to indicate if today's Deep Machine Tunnels snowglobe was dropped.
* Only count victorious combats against the daily free DMT encounters.
* Add spoilers in the relay browser for choice adventure 1119.

Once we get those three things this thread will be completed.

Bale

Minion
Are we just working on the assumption that the runes thing is abandoned content, or will that consist of a separate feature request?

It is either abandoned or not yet implemented. Either way, since it isn't currently part of the content we won't need to wait for it. It can get its own thread if we close this one before then.

Erich

While this is still open, may I request a pref for whether or not you used the duplicator this ascension?

I just thought I'd add a little nitpicking about the implementation of the free fight preference.

The number of free DMT fights is tracked as $familiar[Machine Elf].drops_today. Which is a bit weird since they're not specifically drops, and the elf does also have a thing that actually drops from it which isn't tracked.
Also the $familiar[Machine Elf].drops_name is ambiguous. There are at least two other familiars which give "Free Fights", and its quite likely more will turn up in future. Other familiars can be inferred from from their drops_name, and it would be nice to continue that convention.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I would also prefer that the "drops" was the snow globe and the "free fights" was in another proxy field

Bale

Minion
I agree. It ended up this way because of some confusion about the familiar during its first days.

At this point I'm not sure if it is okay to change it, but I would appreciate if it was changed for consistency.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I just thought I'd add a little nitpicking about the implementation of the free fight preference.

The number of free DMT fights is tracked as $familiar[Machine Elf].drops_today. Which is a bit weird since they're not specifically drops, and the elf does also have a thing that actually drops from it which isn't tracked.
Also the $familiar[Machine Elf].drops_name is ambiguous. There are at least two other familiars which give "Free Fights", and its quite likely more will turn up in future. Other familiars can be inferred from from their drops_name, and it would be nice to continue that convention.

I would also prefer that the "drops" was the snow globe and the "free fights" was in another proxy field

I agree. It ended up this way because of some confusion about the familiar during its first days.

At this point I'm not sure if it is okay to change it, but I would appreciate if it was changed for consistency.

I just committed some code that a) adds tracking for the snowglobe drop (untested, but it's essentially a copy-paste of some other post-combat familiar drop), b) ties this to the Machine Elf's proxy record value, and c) exposes some information about free fights to the familiar proxy record (currently just hipster/goth and machine elf).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Things to add so that we can call this content implemented:

* Preference to indicate if today's Deep Machine Tunnels snowglobe was dropped.
* Only count victorious combats against the daily free DMT encounters.
* Add spoilers in the relay browser for choice adventure 1119.

Once we get those three things this thread will be completed.
I just implemented the first point. As for the second point, that's been in Mafia:
Code:
		if ( !won )
		{
			QuestManager.updateQuestFightLost( responseText, monsterName );
		}
		else
		{
			// When/if KoL fixes its bug, this will go outside the if/else block.
			if ( adventure == AdventurePool.DEEP_MACHINE_TUNNELS )
			{
				Preferences.increment( "_machineTunnelsAdv", 1, 5, false );
			}
		}

Third point is still open, as is tracking for lastDuplicatorReset.

Bale

Minion
Thanks for adding the snowglobe tracking. As for my second point, I think I was misapplying a memory of that problem existing for the Snojo which was fixed in r16611. Apparently the problem never existed for the Machine Elf, so thanks for correcting me.

Now all we need is spoilers in the relay browser for choice adventure 1119.

For extra credit someone might address Erich's request for a pref, dmtTwoness, to be set when you use the duplicator and reset on ascension. Since this can only be done once per ascension it is hard to remember and worthwhile to know.

Now I've got to go and add Machine Elf fight tracking to ChIT.

Thanks for adding the snowglobe tracking. As for my second point, I think I was misapplying a memory of that problem existing for the Snojo which was fixed in r16611. Apparently the problem never existed for the Machine Elf, so thanks for correcting me.

I encountered this issue with a bogus free fight being tracked for the elf after using the duplication NC: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?1...ne-elf-capsule&p=131540&viewfull=1#post131540

I've not noticed it since then, but I'll keep an eye out.

Darzil

Developer
Probably the other outstanding the thing is understanding the combat messages ! Or if they prove not understandable, we should assume that all skills/items used there work and set appropriate counters.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Hopefully it'll be back up in a few hours. Hopefully it'll be soon enough for you to resume before tomorrow.

Darzil

Developer
Some changes commited in r16626 to Deep Machine Tunnel actions

Stuff done :
No longer log familiar damage actions, as it looked silly only logging (some) familiar damage actions.
Doesn't show hp and mp gain/loss actions, as we can't tell how much. This means we don't get the weird non-items found as items.
Don't log substat gain, as we can't tell how much.
Log full stat gain as 1 gained, as we can tell at least one was gained.
Hopefully it detects Nanorhino buff gained (untested).

Stuff to do is mainly checks for successful use of limited skills/items so we can set appropriate variables. Looks like this should be possible.

The other option I could have done is to log substats, hp/mp gain/loss, damage to/from opponent, but not say how much. Am happy to take feedback on whether "You gain unknown HP" is more useful than nothing in the logs!

Bale

Minion
I think it is worthwhile to know that HP was gained or lost, even if the exact amount is unknown.

Bale

Minion
r16624: Snowglobe tracking
r16631: Vague HP/MP tracking & item/skill success and failure.
r16633: Non-combat spoiler

We've now got all the items I felt were necessary to support this. I'll mark it implemented. Anything else can get a new thread.