New Content - Implemented Dec 2015 IotM - machine elf capsule

Bale

Minion
That name should be correct, except ChIT removes "The ". In a roundabout way, I guess the script created its own problem here?

Yeah, I do that to shorten the length of the line so that it fits better. Our brains usually skip articles outside of context so it isn't helpful to show it. It's an improvement for the way human's process information, not for how computers work.

Bale

Minion
Could a dev please add a _property that counts free adventures in The Deep Tunnels? It would just need to be incremented every time we see the familiar text "clucks his tongue and time starts passing again. This makes you realize that no time had passed while you were fighting that weird monster."

For bonus points you can add (x/5) to the familiar display.

I think that this is all that is needed before we consider the content implemented. Am I missing anything?

There's still the as-of-yet unencountered choice 5 in the noncombat, though it's entirely possible it's just something that got dummied out and they never moved the 'leave' option back up.

Theraze

Aren't 'leave' options generally 6 now, regardless of how many choices are actually available?

Bale

Minion
Could a dev please add a _property that counts free adventures in The Deep Tunnels? It would just need to be incremented every time we see the familiar text "clucks his tongue and time starts passing again. This makes you realize that no time had passed while you were fighting that weird monster."

For bonus points you can add (x/5) to the familiar display.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I would really REALLY appreciate if this was added. Without this information it is impossible to add the machine elf to daily deeds or automation. Free fights are kind of a big deal.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Sorry to repeat myself, but I would really REALLY appreciate if this was added. Without this information it is impossible to add the machine elf to daily deeds or automation. Free fights are kind of a big deal.

Hm, I had a commit ready to go, but in testing this, I noticed a KoL bug. Namely, if you run away from a fight, it takes a turn and does not count toward your five free fights.

edit: ditto when you lose a fight. I'll patch the code to account for this. No handling for familiar display yet, although that should be relatively easy with the overhaul, right?

r16550.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
r16551 adds possibly hacky familiar display, since it technically doesn't drop an item, so it appears in the wrong place under Daily Deeds. I don't ever really use the Daily Deeds panel, myself, so I don't know whether that'll bother anyone.

Bale

Minion
Thank you so MUCH! I needed this so that I could add those 5 free fights a day to my default aftercore automation. And I'm going to be in aftercore a lot until Crimbo is done.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It does drop an item. Isn't the Deep Machine Tunnels snowglobe a once a day drop from the familiar?

Yendor

There are still some combat messages being parsed as "Unknown item found". These all seem to have HP or MP images.

Machine Elf drop tracking ( $familiar[Machine Elf].drops_today ) currently counts turns spent in the zone regardless of if they're combats.

At the start of today I got the NC on my first adventure in the tunnels, and chose the item duplication option. This takes an adventure, regardless of if you have the machine elf with free fights left.
At this point the drops_today counter was set to 1, when it should have been zero.
I then used my five free combats, and checked to make sure that the final one did not cost an adventure.