Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
Since roippi just polished off support for Twin Peak I couldn't wait to make a practical application! Now if you are using the tracker brick, it will tell you what you need to do for Twin Peak. It is red if you don't meet the requirement, green if you'd pass the test and isn't listed if not needed. Enjoy!

Updated to 0.8.3
  • Offer helpful tracking for Twin Peak!
  • Restore zlib preference chit.quests.hide
  • Don't display Steel Organ Quest information in tracker unless Azazel was visited to start the quest

Since version 0.8.2, only charpane.ash has been changed.
Download to /relay directory: View attachment 7618

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

I don't know what the fix for this is but the value for remaining "Haunted" doesn't decrement when the "Adventure Again (A Boo Peak)" link is used in the relay browser. Clicking the CHIT refresh button doesn't update the value either.

This seems to be a bug in how quest tracking for the Highlands is handled by Mafia. I reported the issue in the bug forum.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
KoLmafia hadn't quite ironed out all the bugs from that, but the quest tracking for Twin Peak is awesome! That's the important one since the quest hints don't record your progress.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Since roippi just polished off support for Twin Peak I couldn't wait to make a practical application! Now if you are using the tracker brick, it will tell you what you need to do for Twin Peak. It is red if you don't meet the requirement, green if you'd pass the test and isn't listed if not needed. Enjoy!

This sounds awesome Bale. Really looking forward to seeing this tracker evolve and expand. Its now so much more than just how many pirate insults have been found!

Looking forward to ascending again and seeing it is all its glory (when I return from my tropical island vacation).

AlbinoRhino

Now if you are using the tracker brick, it will tell you what you need to do for Twin Peak. It is red if you don't meet the requirement, green if you'd pass the test and isn't listed if not needed. Enjoy!

Is this only counting food drops for the item test ? Right now as I look, I have Juiced & Jacked (+20%), Phat Loot (+20%), & Mad Looting (+20%), which means I can pass this test. However, the tracker is showing me "+50% Food Drop", in red. While +item from food drops are counted, only +item from your familiar is disallowed.

Edit: It occurred to me that my after adventure script has a calculation for this, and I thought I might as well post it. Here is what I have been using, which hasn't lied to me so far.
PHP:
//+food drops also count
#http://wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php?title=Numeric_modifier#Special_Syntax_for_Familiars
familiar fam = my_familiar();
item fameq = familiar_equipped_equipment(fam);
int famw = round( familiar_weight(fam) + weight_adjustment() - numeric_modifier(fameq, "Familiar Weight") ); 
float fambonus = numeric_modifier( fam, "Item Drop", famw , fameq );
int adjitbonus = round( numeric_modifier("Item Drop") - fambonus + numeric_modifier("Food Drop") );

Last edited:

Theraze

Remember also that Clancy's Lute and the Eggman bonuses are also disallowed, but don't fall into that check. Eggman is easy... 50 or 75 depending on if you have the bonus. Clancy's lute is a bit more complicated, but... also fairly easily doable. But both should also be included in the check, if you're trying to make this be accurate.

Bale

Minion
Is this only counting food drops for the item test ? Right now as I look, I have Juiced & Jacked (+20%), Phat Loot (+20%), & Mad Looting (+20%), which means I can pass this test. However, the tracker is showing me "+50% Food Drop", in red. While +item from food drops are counted, only +item from your familiar is disallowed.

Thank you. I'm only checking numeric_modifier("Food Drop") >= 50, which fails. :(

Adding your function to the script. :)

Remember also that Clancy's Lute and the Eggman bonuses are also disallowed, but don't fall into that check. Eggman is easy... 50 or 75 depending on if you have the bonus. Clancy's lute is a bit more complicated, but... also fairly easily doable. But both should also be included in the check, if you're trying to make this be accurate.

Ack! I guess I can't just plug AlbinoRhino's Calculation into the script.

Bale

Minion
I've got this:

Code:
		float foodDrop() {
			float fambonus;
			if(my_path() == "Avatar of Boris") {
				if(minstrel_instrument() == $item[Clancy's lute])
					fambonus = numeric_modifier($familiar[baby gravy fairy], "Item Drop", minstrel_level() * 5, $item[none]);
			} else if(my_path() == "Avatar of Jarlsberg") {
				if(my_companion() == "Eggman") {
					if(have_skill($skill[Working Lunch])) fambonus = 75;
					else fambonus = 50;
				}
			} else {
				item fameq = familiar_equipped_equipment(my_familiar());
				int famw = round( familiar_weight(my_familiar()) + weight_adjustment() - numeric_modifier(fameq, "Familiar Weight") ); 
				fambonus = numeric_modifier( my_familiar(), "Item Drop", famw , fameq );
			}
			return round( numeric_modifier("Item Drop") - fambonus + numeric_modifier("Food Drop") ); 
		}

Ugh. Is that really the best way to do it?

AlbinoRhino

Well, I do recall doing a bunch of research when the peaks content rolled out and that was the best I could do to separate the familiar bonus out. There may be a better way, but I wasn't able to find it.

Winterbay

BCA does it the hackish way of first removing your familiar but that's not really an option in a script like this :)

Theraze

BCA also needed to add (and I eventually did commit) the AoB/AoJ workaround calculations, since it kept failing to generate the right amount of +modifiers because my Eggman was making it think it was done. After that, I noticed that it was only doing +item, not +food drop as well, so that got rolled into the mix. :)

But yes, for the familiars, it just removes the familiar entirely.

suinoq

I'm a new user of chit, and so far like it immensely. I came here to ask about mood switching, and upon searching the thread found that the relevant discussions have come up in the last couple weeks. It would seem that a mood switching function falls within the general thrust of removing the necessity to navigate back to the main mafia screen, so for what it's worth here is a short list of activities that commonly send me back there.
1. mood switching
2. gear changes
3. checking modifier maximizer to remind of buffs i'm forgetting
4. switching CCS

These seem to fall within the spirit of the conversation that is already in progress. (for my modifier maximizer usage I can just stop being lazy and instead define lots of moods to handle my usual activities).

While brainstorming that list I also had some other stuff... occasionally I also travel back to mafia for:
5. doing / checking daily deeds
6. hitting mafia's mall store manager
7. using item manager (primarily to eat/drink)
These activities, however, do not seem like they would be easy to bring under the umbrella of chit. I've decided to report them here, because hey why not lists are fun.

Those should work beautifully.

Now I've got to figure out the most aesthetic way to add them to the interface.

What do people think? Should this be a new brick? Should I add an icon somewhere? Where would be good? I am eagerly taking suggestions!

'Pop-up' list selectors seem like the natural way to go. Perhaps instantiated as icons located on the toolbar?

Bale

Minion
'Pop-up' list selectors seem like the natural way to go. Perhaps instantiated as icons located on the toolbar?

yeah. Any suggestions for icons? I'd be happy if you could show me a good 16x16 image to use that fits with the style of the current icons. Are those icons from some set somewhere? This is the sort of thing that Chez was good at, but is hard for me to fake. He made a great UI and I don't want to clash with it.

suinoq

Any suggestions for icons?

Here might be a good place to start:

http://tango.freedesktop.org/

That's very broad, but is at least a connection to the communities that work on look and feel stuff. I'll poke around a bit to see if I can find some likely icon sets.

...my god the internet has billions (maybe?) of icons. Currently looking at so many sites:
www.iconfinder.com
http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/
http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/

Surely there's more to find if I keep looking, and yet already just with what I have there are piles of icon sets to inspect for aesthetic compatibility. Today I have learned that icons are hard.

Last edited:

Chish

I installed CHIT a few months ago and I love it. But there's just one thing about it that I can't stand:

chit_is_not_perfect.png

Is there something I can do about this? I refuse to make the pane wider; that would be a waste of valuable screen space.