Character Info Toolbox

O_3_141592

txrangersxx: Are you running a master relay override? That would block chit from running.

In init_MLpenalty(), current_mcd() no longer needs to be subtracted from your total ML for that calculation.

In the same function the value for the (ML < 101) case is wrong: +80 should be +120 according to the wiki.

O_3_141592

You can type "get masterRelayOverride" in the CLI. Then Mafia will tell you the name of the current master relay override script. If none is set the answer will be empty.

Bale

Minion
Sorry for so long without responses. Been very sick. Getting better.

In init_MLpenalty(), current_mcd() no longer needs to be subtracted from your total ML for that calculation.

Thank you.

In the same function the value for the (ML < 101) case is wrong: +80 should be +120 according to the wiki.

Oh dear. thanks.

Ok I am still having trouble I added the following vars to my vars_txranger:

chit.roof.layout character,stats,familiar, trail
chit.walls.layout helpers,effects
chit.toolbar.layout quests,modifiers
chit.character.avatar false
chit.stats.layout mainstat,moxie,myst,muscle|hp,mp|mcd
chit.helpers.semirare true
chit.effects.showicons false
chit.effects.layout buffs,intrinsics
chit.toolbar.moods true
chit.stats.showbars true

Am I missing a command or something?

Perhaps you used spaces instead of tabs between the first part and the second.

Code:
chit.roof.layout	character,stats,familiar, trail
chit.walls.layout	helpers,effects
chit.toolbar.layout	quests,modifiers
chit.character.avatar	false
chit.stats.layout	mainstat,moxie,myst,muscle|hp,mp|mcd
chit.helpers.semirare	true
chit.effects.showicons	false
chit.effects.layout	buffs,intrinsics
chit.toolbar.moods	true
chit.stats.showbars	true

txrangersxx: Are you running a master relay override? That would block chit from running.
no idea is there a way to tell?

You're running one if there is a response to get masterRelayOverride

Ok I installed everything in the right directories but nothing is working. I did a zlib vars and not of the vars are listed. Can someone help me?

Please be more specific about "nothing is working." Does that mean that mafia's relay browser is working as usual without any alterations to KoL's basic appearance?

Last edited:
Sorry for so long without responses. Been very sick. Getting better.

I actually had a another relay override in place. I removed it

Thank you.

Oh dear. thanks.

Perhaps you used spaces instead of tabs between the first part and the second.

Code:
chit.roof.layout	character,stats,familiar, trail
chit.walls.layout	helpers,effects
chit.toolbar.layout	quests,modifiers
chit.character.avatar	false
chit.stats.layout	mainstat,moxie,myst,muscle|hp,mp|mcd
chit.helpers.semirare	true
chit.effects.showicons	false
chit.effects.layout	buffs,intrinsics
chit.toolbar.moods	true
chit.stats.showbars	true

You're running one if there is a response to get masterRelayOverride

Please be more specific about "nothing is working." Does that mean that mafia's relay browser is working as usual without any alterations to KoL's basic appearance?

Bale

Minion
txrangersxx, your response was really hard for me to parse. Was your entire post actually...

I actually had a another relay override in place. I removed it

Thank you.

If you no longer have any problems as I surmise, then congratulations and I hope you enjoy the script.

So I like putting "Trail" in the toolbar, because it saves a lot of space, but then I miss having just the last zone adventured in, in the roof. So I am wondering if I can request a new feature which is a minimalist last zone adventured in (with no title bar) for use in the roof. That way, if I wanted something from a few zones ago, I could use it from the toolbar, but if I wanted just the last zone adventured in, that would be in the roof. Make sense?

Bale

Minion
I don't understand.

Perhaps ChIT already has what you want. Try putting "trail" in chit.stats.layout since that will add only the most recent location.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I was (semi) working on a character pane / quest tracking relay... then I remembered all the talk about this thing and thought I would give it a go. And it is AWESOME!

I do have some questions... and I do not want to ready 69 pages of forum. Is there an active to-do or in-work or change request list?

ckb

Bale

Minion
Is there an active to-do or in-work or change request list?

No. At the moment I'm pretty happy with it and I don't think there are any outstanding feature requests that I found worthy of the time it would take.

Are there any other questions?

atrak

I just had a query, I noticed that the eggman (not sure about other companions) avatar doesn't show up when using this relay script Is anyone else having this issue?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Mostly my questions were about anything ongoing.
I am (very slowly) working on a quest tracker improvement relay, to compact it a bit, make it more efficient, and more useful. For ChIT, this would likely become an alternative Quest Tracker brick. I'll post something if I get it working and find it remotely useful.

ckb

Winterbay

I just had a query, I noticed that the eggman (not sure about other companions) avatar doesn't show up when using this relay script Is anyone else having this issue?

Do you have Mafia set to cache images? When I turn that feature on mine also doesn't show, but without it it shows up just fine.

ereinion

Also, if you have you got the avatar setting set to true? From my settings, things I think may affect what shows up:
Code:
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib chit.character.customtitle = true
zlib chit.character.title = true

Bale

Minion
erenion, when he said "avatar" he actually meant "familiar image". That setting isn't relevant to his question.

Do you have Mafia set to cache images? When I turn that feature on mine also doesn't show, but without it it shows up just fine.

That's odd. Do you have any idea why the image would not appear under that circumstance? I recall another such instance you pointed out to me, but it was because of a mistake on my part. I did not make that mistake in this instance.

I am (very slowly) working on a quest tracker improvement relay, to compact it a bit, make it more efficient, and more useful. For ChIT, this would likely become an alternative Quest Tracker brick. I'll post something if I get it working and find it remotely useful.

If you would like to rewrite bakeQuests() I would be pretty darn happy to see what you want to do with it. That function has features which make some pretty substantial alterations to quest tracker for the entire bugbear path as well as worthwhile alternations for the Crypt and Oil Peak. You could use those features as a model for how to make the changes you desire.

It's rather a mess stylistically since it is a combination of Chez's work and my own, but most of this script is jacked that way, so I hope you can make sense of it. Like most of this script it could benefit from refactoring despite working well. Do whatever you would like and if it works (without losing the existing improvements) I would use it. I've already been including a lot of work from AlbinoRhino for some features and would be overjoyed to add a new collaborator.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
If you would like to rewrite bakeQuests() I would be pretty darn happy to see what you want to do with it.

Consider it being worked on... but very slowly. I am in a L30 Jarls run, so I have a lot of time to do quests slowly, and get most of the relevant Quest log pane text. Though I know I will miss some, it will be a start.

Is there a repository of what the character pane quest tracking HTML is anywhere? It would be useful to have for all quests.

ckb

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I am making some progress here, and I just noticed that Mafia tracks quest progress, though it does so very cryptically. All the Quest properties have entries (questL02Larva, questL03Rat, etc.).

"unstarted" I understand.
"finished" I understand.

But I am not sure what happens between those. step1, step2... Is there something written down somewhere about what triggers these and what they mean?

EDIT: I found questslog.txt and Bale's AdventureAdvisor, both of which contain some useful information. I'll keep investigating and hacking away.

ckb

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I am making some progress here, and I just noticed that Mafia tracks quest progress, though it does so very cryptically.

I am not sure what happens between those. step1, step2... Is there something written down somewhere about what triggers these and what they mean?

I will explain why some quest trackers have steps and some do not. This is not a decision by mafia. This is a KoL feature. KoLmafia's quest tracking directly mirrors KoL's Quest Log. When the KoL Quest Log has steps, so does KoLmafia. For reference you will find it helpful to refer to THIS PAGE on the wiki.